It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 138
<< 135  136  137    139  140  141 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: puzzlesphere

The thing is, clearly Singapore had access to a very strong health care system, or better access to testing abilities. I have no idea why that would be... are the testing kits or equipment made there? From what Vivian Balakrishnan was saying there, if the infected countries don't have adequate prepared health care systems or ability to test (which most didn't at the vital moment) then they didn't stand a chance.
there is no point in discussing their approach at this point, because as he says, the genie is out of the bottle, and it has spread to far too quickly.
The closing of international borders is his next suggestion, which is kind of happening. But again, that was done a bit too slow, so importing of infected continued, and still continues through various means.

Infections are now internal to each country. If my figures are correct, infection of pretty much everyone can happen in a matter of weeks, at best 2-3 months............ the curve is increasing, and with a long period showing no symptoms, and the possibility of reinfection, I'm not sure what can really be done at this point.

Isolation is actually probably the best we have to curb the curve and slow it down to help as many as possible.
Creating multiple billion cures is also a monumental scale task should anything be developed... plus distribution.

The picture isn't a pretty one... and that is just the virus alone... :/

Is it too early for the following pic?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: K_OS

They are seeing how much they can get away with.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Sorry not buying it and that’s OK, we can agree to disagree. Stay safe everyone

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: K_OS

CNN China no new cases

"China reports no new domestic cases: For the first time, the country where the coronavirus pandemic began has announced no new locally transmitted infections -- a pivotal moment in the battle to contain Covid-19"

It's not just Wuhan, it's mainland China.

Wtf did they vaccinate their entire population ? Watching it explode in Italy and New York makes it seem suspicious that it just dried up so fast in China .

Complete lockdowns must be key. Allow some to die and the rest build up resistance, but most importantly , stop the human to human spread .

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Thanks for the help. Anyway...sent to me from my ROOMMATE, an hour ago...

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: elitegamer23

Wtf did they vaccinate their entire population ?

No. They practiced extreme isolation practices. Because they can.
The curve is a close fit to modelling of that sort of thing, actually.

Watching it explode in Italy and New York makes it seem suspicious that it just dried up so fast in China .
Neither are close to the infection level in China. Yet.
edit on 3/18/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Hell no phage you’re smarter than that.. they are lying. They are still moving around in China.. I suppose maybe your just creating debate, but hell no, zero spread in China, a total sterile environment, no spread of any illness in China.. come on..

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

They are still moving around in China.

Yes, yes they are. And infection is being carried around in China. But the reporting says that no local transmission has been detected for one day. They don't say the infection is gone from the country.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I'd remind people of this video I posted many MANY pages/threads back...

The risk this woman took... I wonder often what happened to her

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=25030793]Phage[/post

I don’t believe them.. Sounds like your bored, I would encourage you not to believe that nonsense MR. Phage.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Ok. I won't.

Umm.
What difference does it make if I believe it or not? You know what I think about the disease in general. This "news" from China doesn't change that. Things here are going to get worse. They will then get better.

What happens in between depends on what we do now.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Touche’

Your reputation Sir.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Yeah, well that varies depending on who you talk to and the topic. It also has little effect on my thought processes.
edit on 3/19/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Australia closed.
www.news.com.au...

PM Scott Morrison has announced a travel ban on all non-residents coming to Australia, effective 9pm Friday March 20.

Anyone who is not a citizen, resident, or close family member of a citizen or resident will be denied entry into the country.

"We have already seen a significant reduction in travel by non-citizens," he said. "It is about a third of what it would normally be at this time."

All Australians urged to return home again

Scott Morrison has reiterated that any Australian abroad should come home as soon as possible.

"Those Australians who are overseas, we have been encouraging them to return to Australia," he said.

"Those in remote parts of the world, that can prove challenging but for those in other places, it is our intention to ensure we can maintain flights to enable them to come home as soon as possible."

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:15 AM
link   
IOS says Olmypics are still going ahead - utter madness. I think this is purely morale, if the Olympics cancel it will be the third time in history, being WW1 and WW2

The International Olympic Committee has just said, at this stage, the Olympics will be going ahead.

At about 10.30am we heard that the Australian Olympic Committee was planning for the games, as if they were going ahead.

Chef de Mission Ian Chesterman said "the clear message from our Japanese friends is the Games will continue

www.news.com.au...

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:19 AM
link   
New Zealand just announced they are now banning everyone entering the country (Following the Aussies) apart from Citizens/Residents and a few others special cases.

Only 28 confirmed cases here, seems we’re trying to get ahead of the curve.
edit on 19-3-2020 by Nodwander because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:20 AM
link   

That would be wonderful news, but I am not sure how helpful it would be for America. We have people doing the Corona challenge for crying out loud and licking random stuff. I don't think America would do it, even for its own good. Most of us are sensible people, but man there are a ton with zero common sense what so ever.

edit on 19-3-2020 by K_OS because: Autocorrect

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Nodwander

Sounds like this study (along with recent situations) may have made an impact. The US administration certainly seems to have taken heed.
COVID19
edit on 3/19/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: elitegamer23
This is the conspiracy theory side of me, but what if the majority were already vaccinated before the outbreak. The sacrificial ones were considered collateral damage.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: K_OS

That's the point. China has, allegedly, gotten a good handle on it through extreme measures. That's not gonna happen here so we won't do as "well."

But doing something is better than saying "It's just like the flu. Only 1% fatality rate." Criminy, even the Trump administration knows better. Finally.

top topics

<< 135  136  137    139  140  141 >>

join