It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 137
<< 134  135  136    138  139  140 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Good day, ATSers.....
PLEASE READ THIS!
This thread is for Corona Virus UPDATES!!!
...not chit chat, SOAP BOX speeches, recipes, political trolling,class warfare, conspiracy theories, bigoted comments, medical advice, OFF TOPIC banter
ill-mannered remarks toward members or arguing....

Some NON-UPDATE threads here, feel free to join in any of these:
Diseases and Pandemics

Diseases and Pandemics:: Medical Disclaimer
This thread is NOT for discussion of alternative medical treatment of illnesses!!!

Members who continue to disrupt will face temporary posting bans. ATS will not allow the few to ruin it for everyone.

Go after the ball not the player.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility WILL face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

edit on Wed Mar 18 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: zilebeliveunknown
a reply to: Phage

Thank you very much..
I just realized that I don't need to make sanitizer, it can be applied directly on skin..

Add in a moisturizer.

Repeated applications of alcohol could irritate and cause cracking/bleeding of the dermal layer:

There are two major types of skin reactions associated with hand hygiene. The first and most common type includes symptoms that can vary from quite mild to debilitating, including dryness, irritation, itching, and even cracking and bleeding. This array of symptoms is referred to as irritant contact dermatitis. The second type of skin reaction, allergic contact dermatitis, is rare and represents an allergy to some ingredient in a hand hygiene product. Symptoms of allergic contact dermatitis can also range from mild and localized to severe and generalized. In its most serious form, allergic contact dermatitis may be associated with respiratory distress and other symptoms of anaphylaxis. Therefore it is sometimes difficult to differentiate between the two conditions. HCWs with skin reactions or complaints related to hand hygiene should have access to an appropriate referral service.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: elitegamer23

Actually, the intent was from something you might to be too young to remember. Lolcats.

So, no. Not racist. Be assured.

edit on 3/18/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

It already sounds like overkill with drug cocktails for most lethal known pathogens, but I'm no expert on the matter.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

Phage’s recipe will work. Don’t add oils or moisturizers to it as they won’t mix, without an emulsifying agent, like oil and water. Virgin coconut oil is a great moisturizer to use at night to help repair your hands. It’s greasy but penetrates the skin.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

Perhaps the Sun wont kill the virus but if your deficient in vitamin D, and your levels come up . Its been proven to stop chest infections up to 70% drop in infections, in D deficient people. Which is most living in northern climates, Colored people make even less vitamin D because the Melatonin protects from the suns rays.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: zilebeliveunknown

Whatever works!

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

I am paying attention, which is why I keep pointing out Singapore's approach... which is being ignored by pretty much everyone.

The fact is they, were one of the worst at the beginning, yet now are falling rapidly down the list of infected countries, without even a single case yet today. Their approach works, and minimizes impact to their economy... and we could/should all be doing it.

Here is a link to an article from Singapore's Foreign Minister, Vivian Balakrishnan... there is a very good video out there of him talking about their approach... which seems to have been conveniently scrubbed from the internet.
www.cnbc.com...

Not asking our governments to put us under martial law, but willingly working together as a society to understand what is necessary actions in this situation is paramount.

Now you are projecting "what people want". I'll bet no-one wants martial law, but if things get too bad in the governments eyes, we all have a suspicion that it is on the books.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Have you ever played plague Inc? It takes about 75,000 infections starting out in either China or India usually to infect the world. I am not sure of the data the game is based on but I could see at least some research done. It's a weird coincidence that China had 81,000 cases and then boom, they magically got it completely under control with no new cases?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: zilebeliveunknown

Whatever works!

I have no arguments against that, so I'd have to agree, gulp..

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: K_OS

They did take rather extreme measures. And that statistic was for one province...so.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   
when i try to post a pic a little bar comes up I can't do anything with...really wanna post this. Any help?
edit on 18-3-2020 by JoeRivers because: added

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JoeRivers
Top right, arrow down in circle, upload pic, select it and then paste BB code to link to post

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Actually, the intent was from something you might to be too young to remember. Lolcats.

So, no. Not racist. Be assured.

Odd to use lolcat in reference to the olympics but ok.

I misunderstood you, so my apologies, and I wish I could say I’m too young to remember life before the internets.

link   
a reply to: Phage

CNN China no new cases

"China reports no new domestic cases: For the first time, the country where the coronavirus pandemic began has announced no new locally transmitted infections -- a pivotal moment in the battle to contain Covid-19"

It's not just Wuhan, it's mainland China.

link   

Take it as a compliment.
I do when the supermarket cashier cards me, even though I know they're just being nice.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Thank you for the update.
That's news to me.

Mainland China on Thursday reported no new locally transmitted coronavirus cases for the first time since the the pandemic began late last year, marking a major turning point in the global battle to contain Covid-19.

The country reported 34 new cases of coronavirus yesterday -- all imported from overseas.

I think we should give it a couple of weeks before getting too excited but it's good news, don't you think? But they did take rather extreme measures. Should we do the same?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   

If anyone believeS that, I have some magic beans to sell ya 😂 Numbers go down when you stop counting.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: IWant2Believe323

They're still counting. Note the "locally transmitted" part.

top topics

<< 134  135  136    138  139  140 >>

join