It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 118
<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I'm just across the ferry on Crystal...it appeared the closures are being followed county wide.

Low traffic on 87 unlike all other spring breaks...our neigborhood is of the mindset we will just shut-in. A week or so back, we closed our road to beach traffic, glad we did such. All my neighbors are stocked as usual.

Mg

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:04 AM
link   
If cases are still so low in South Africa, how can tourists be contracting it and taking it back to their home country? Is it much more widespread than initially thought?

On Tuesday night, a case of coronavirus infection was detected in Panevezys, Lithuania. The infection has been diagnosed in a patient returning from South Africa and is severely affected.

Skaitykite daugiau: www.15min.lt...

link (not in English)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:11 AM
link   
The Coronavirus CONSPIRACY - Did COVID-19 Come from America?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
I'm just catching up from the nights movements.

Well done UK. Brilliant, this was a brilliant move. All countries should follow suit:

www.bbc.com...

Coronavirus mortgage relief for homeowners
The government has announced new measures to help those facing financial difficulties during the coronavirus crisis.

Speaking at a news conference, Chancellor Rishi Sunak said mortgage lenders will offer a three month mortgage payment holiday to those struggling to pay.

He also said the government would go further if the financial help wasn't enough.

But what about people who pay rent? People have already started getting letters from landlords telling tenants they still expect the rent to be paid....and in some cases...or else!

Self employed and a tenant myself....flippin marvelous!
Not too happy rainbows
Jane

rent is a hard one. banks get the money they loan from the federal bank in the US, and like institutions in most countries. so it's fairly easy to tell them they can't charge you. but renting is a lot more difficult. the thing is, the owners may rely on your rent, to live on. as well as for things like repairs and such, possibly even loans which would not be covered since they are not a mortgage for repairs and or upgrades. so it's not really fair or just to tell them they can't charge rent. i have lived in such places myself, where if i skipped out on my rent, the owners would not be eating for that month. and to make things even worse, it seems a lot of rental properties are actually owned by people in other countries. like my sister who lives in a home owned by people in China. and i'm sure foreign owners would not take at all kindly to their money being cut off. since again, they likely have financial obligations of their own that said rent pays, in their country like a mortgage that would not be covered by this.

really the best and only way to deal with this situation is for everyone who is off work, due to this crises is actually to institute a unemployment program so that those people can actually pay their bills like rent or mortgages, as well as to buy things like food.

i actually had to laugh at a post relevant to where i am posted on facebook today. about a cellphone/phone company that is being a nice, understanding and responsible company, by giving everyone a 30 day extension to pay their bills with no service disruption. all it amounts to is a try for good PR. since of course no one can pay their bill, even if they wanted to. we are after all on an enhanced community quarantine, where no one is supposed to go out except to buy necessity supplies like food and medical necessities'. nothing there about going out to pay your bills. also almost all of the company's payment offices, as well as other places you can pay their bills, are almost ALL IN MALLS, which of course are all shut down. not to mention with all public transit also shut down no one can go anywhere unless they own their own car anyway.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

I'm just across the ferry on Crystal...it appeared the closures are being followed county wide.

I figured as such based on a couple of your previous posts; check your PMs when you get the chance.

Judge Henry is leaving it to individual municipalities, in a similar manner that Governor Abbot has left it to county authorities.

The magistrate judge I mentioned in my previous post is convinced it's political as the City of Galveston and Harris County authorities are democratic and have been looking for an excuse to shut things down.

Personally, I'm not too worried about contracting the virus as I am not a high risk individual, but my mother certainly is and considering I am her primary care giver, it would not be at all good if I were to contract the virus and have to isolate myself from her. My oldest son lives with us also and I have been "training" him in helping to take care of her, but he's still young and should not have to shoulder such a burden.

She doesn't need much assistance as she can care for herself and cook her own meals, but she doesn't drive; never had a license, my dad always took care of her, but he has since passed around 3 years ago now so I have stepped into the role he had as far as grocery shopping for her, taking her out to eat, get her hair done, shop for clothes, etc. I do so with a happy heart knowing she is well taken care of through my diligence. That all could change rapidly though if I have to isolate from her and my son in order to protect her from the virus, because she is a high risk individual for whom the symptoms would probably be quite severe.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Well this news I think we already knew, but what about those traveling on the airplanes.

“Surviving 72 hours on plastic surface” the virus.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2
Also in France, from same link as above,

" Sanofi to Offer Millions of Doses of Plaquenil (Chloroquine) to the French Authorities, to treat potentially up to 300K patients. This is following the 'promising' results from COVID-19 patients. They are going to work with the French authorities to ctry to confirm these results."

Plaquenil (Chloroquine) is a Malaria treating Drug.
Malaria is called 'Paludisme' in France.

One of my best friends has it, got it in Africa on a benevolent mission.
He's fine.

I thought Plaquenil was hydroxychloroquine. A drug for lupus, amongst other things. Slightly different chemistry to chloroquine? Glad something helps tho.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:38 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Yes, this is a serious topic to discuss Coronavirus

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:50 AM
link   
successfully developed a coronavirus vaccine

The Chinese authorities announced on Tuesday that they have successfully developed a coronavirus vaccine, so they have approved the conduct ofhuman trials, as reported by the Ministry of Defense in a statement.

And from above a French Full-Trial treatment of things working in China and Korea some good news, western doctors listening.

Any news of the treatments in the USA, UK or Canada for treatment of the most severe patients?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Jane, if you go on Martin Lewis’s website MSE there is advice there for tennants.

He was also on Jeremy Vines show last week or week before giving advice about this subject.

Basically landlords will get mortgage relief and should be passing it on. In these extreme times it will take a LL minimum of 6 months to get a court order evict you if you decide to stay put and who are they going to find to rent their property once they’ve got you out?

Remember only a court can serve an eviction notice here in the UK (NOT the LL, know your rights) and what court is going to start issuing eviction notices to tennants of previously good standing whom haven’t been afforded the same payment courtesy as will have been afforded to them by their own lender?

MR

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:19 AM
link   
SOUTH AFRICA UPDATE

116 cases reported now (+31)

This is the 1st update from health authorities today after the very late update last night. It is only 10.18am here now.

link

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Here is an idea of the mentality of trade unions in South Africa:

Corona be damned: Nehawu insists on marching over civil servant wages

While president Cyril Ramaphosa may have banned gatherings of more than 100 people in reaction to the coronavirus crisis, the National Education, Health and Allied Workers Union will go ahead with a march in protest of public sector wage hikes.

link

This is one reason why I believe this country could be in deep trouble.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:53 AM
link   
removed for thread drift

edit on 18-3-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:57 AM
link   
removed for thread drift

edit on 18-3-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:07 AM
link   
After finding out about the infection with the new coronavirus, a man in his 50s in Gamagori City, Aichi Prefecture who stopped at a restaurant after talking to his family such as `` transmitting the virus '' died at the medical institution in the hospital I found out by interviewing the investigators. The relationship between the new coronavirus and death is unknown.

A 57-year-old man in Gamagori City, Aichi Prefecture, was confirmed to have been infected with the new coronavirus on March 4 and was asked to wait at home from a health center. It was revealed that he had stopped at a restaurant in the country.

People this is what I've been saying about the homeless, they will spread this like wild fire. Not sure what is going on here in Japan, but I visited the bank and the lobby was packed. I think people were trying to withdrawal their funds.

For me, no money in my account. Have to wait till ss comes in. Oh well, a sip of whiskey is in need now.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:19 AM
link   
YAY... our firm finally initiated its work from home protocol.

''For the health and well being of our employees and their families and with the latest information from the health department as of Friday all staff are required to work from home... yadda yadda yadda...We will operate a skeleton crew in the office that consist of critical functions, namely IT.''

F&%*^!!

edit on 18/3/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:22 AM
link   

CITY OF SYDNEY SHUTS DOWN: Mass closure of gyms, meetings cancelled The City of Sydney council area, which covers 33 suburbs, has announced it will close all gyms, aquatic centres and cancelled or postponed all in-person meetings and gatherings.

The City of Sydney has announced it will be cancelling or postponing all non-essential events and in-person meetings, closing gyms and aquatic centres and placing restricted hours on libraries and community centres.

“The safety of our communities, customers and staff is our top priority,” Lord Mayor Clover Moore said in a statement to news.com.au.

www.news.com.au... /live-coverage/8111dfa0aa77a938681d17c79839e383

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:31 AM
link   
well I told you many people in Japan are from the past and their thinking too.

Virus rejection 290 cases nationwide Japan

Doctors won't test due to stupidity

Don't have much to say, but we are on our own now

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:34 AM
link   
just want to update]

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join