It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 81
<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Anyone know what this means? I'm interpreting it to mean that the total variations are 134? Anyone know?

Nextstrain
@nextstrain
We've updated nextstrain.org... with 5 new #SARSCoV2 genomes from the #COVID19 pandemic from Japan, China and Canada bringing the worldwide total up to 134(!). 1/4

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Pope Watch: Four Days of no public events, due to "a cold".

twitter.com...

The Pope made his first public appearance since the news of his illness today.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

Yes, if the situation is as bad as he says, I'm truly sorry for most of what I said, and wish you blessings and to get over this dire situation very soon. Just that 20 below zero is an exaggeration, worst has been -5.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

Tracking the mutation, means it might be hard to make a vaccine, that is my translation, maybe a virologist, will stop in and give a better explanation.
edit on 1-3-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
error710

edit on 1-3-2020 by tjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

originally posted by: carewemust
Pope Watch: Four Days of no public events, due to "a cold".

twitter.com...

The Pope made his first public appearance since the news of his illness today.

On his balcony though, wasn't it?

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae
Anyone know what this means? I'm interpreting it to mean that the total variations are 134? Anyone know?

Nextstrain
@nextstrain
We've updated nextstrain.org... with 5 new #SARSCoV2 genomes from the #COVID19 pandemic from Japan, China and Canada bringing the worldwide total up to 134(!). 1/4

mobile.twitter.com...

So does that mean there are 5 different variants of this Cov19?

Puzzled Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

KIRKLAND — Seattle and King County on Sunday announced two more confirmed cases of COVID-19 in King County, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in the county to six. The latest cases involve a man in his 60s, hospitalized in critical but stable condition at Valley Medical Center in Renton and a man in his 60s hospitalized in critical condition at Virginia Mason Medical Center. Both had underlying health conditions. The news come one day after Gov. Jay Insleee declared a state of emergency after a hospitalized man in Kirkland died of COVID-19, the first reported death in the United States. And more than 50 people in a separate nursing facility here are sick and being tested for the virus.

After first US coronavirus death, two more confirmed cases

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Italy cases have really taken off.

The global coronavirus death toll has hit 3,000 following a sudden spike in Italian cases.  

Five fatalities were announced in Italy today, taking its death toll to 34 as infection continues to cripple the country's northern regions.

Total patient numbers rose to 1,694 after the Civil Protection Agency revealed roughly 500 fresh positive tests this evening - an alarming 50 per cent climb in just 24 hours.

The outbreak is the second largest outside of mainland China and is steadily seeping across the continent, despite the infection hotbeds of Lombardy and Veneto on lock-down.   

Ministers in Rome have taken drastic measures to firefight the epidemic, including scrapping public events and erecting police checkpoints around the 11 contaminated towns.

But despite the travel freeze from the virus-hit areas, where 50,000 citizens are in quarantine, cases scattered across Europe have been traced back to Italy. 

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Note to MODS:Cant bold the text as on IPAD firefox and for some reason the link to outside source doesn't show.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

originally posted by: pasiphae

Nextstrain
@nextstrain

mobile.twitter.com...

So does that mean there are 5 different variants of this Cov19?

Puzzled Rainbows
Jane

I really don't know! I read early on that it was mutating faster than most viruses do. Lots of posts here that it WASN'T mutating but I read it in a medical journal way back in the beginning of Feb. I've been seeing talk on Twitter from Dr's about it being slightly different in each country. So much info coming out I'm having a hard time keeping up!

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

If the CDC was run by true scientists and not partisan political Bureaucrats we might have stood a chance at the beginning of this.

By this point, it is faaaaarrrr too late! The CDC staff should be put on the front lines treating patients for their ineptitude, to suffer the risk the same as the rest of us within the healthcare profession at this point. That would be justice for the mess that they have created in the US.

They have screwed the pooch pretty bad on this virus. Just because the WHO screwed the pooch first, doesn't mean that the CDC also had to do it. Sloppy seconds?

edit on 1-3-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
TWITTER

BREAKING: Scotland reports first case of coronavirus

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

...Jay Insleee declared a state of emergency after a hospitalized man in Kirkland died of COVID-19, the first reported death in the United States.

So was it a man or a woman as reported here?

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Dunno, I heard man, the potus said woman, yesterday 🤷‍♂️ Did you see the guy holding the white sheet with no gloves or socks on, in the link?

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: Bicent

...Jay Insleee declared a state of emergency after a hospitalized man in Kirkland died of COVID-19, the first reported death in the United States.

So was it a man or a woman as reported here?

It was a man. Trump said woman in his speech so everyone thought it was a woman but it was a mistake... blamed on the CDC.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
TWITTER

BREAKING: Scotland reports first case of coronavirus

Recent travel to Italy. Doesn't say where in Scotland. Like I said pages ago. Italy vs Scotland on 22nd Feb in Rome was not a good idea.
Wonder how Princess Anne is doing?

Edit to add It is in the Tayside area according to Twitter

edit on 3/1/2020 by checkmeout because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi

originally posted by: Karyotype
"Hancock said that the government were trying to delay the onset of the virus, having determined that the UK would be better able to cope with a mass spread of coronavirus in the summer."
Are these not some of the same folks that made fun of those of us that asked about warm weather helping control the virus? Now it will be better in the sumer?
And these idiot's are in charge
I'll have to try to find a direct link this is from a interview on Sky News a few minutes ago

It's spreading pretty well in places with temperatures of 18 - 27C (Italy, Iran, etc) so I don't see why summer would help 1 little bit.

It's possible he means we would cope better in the summer because we wouldn't also have seasonal flu to deal with and other winter bugs like norovirus. I don't think coronavirus is going anywhere cos of the 'sun'we get in the UK

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: checkmeout

Well we need to stop taking flights from Italy, they seem to be the catalyst atm.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
I just like to say that I am fed up with the prepper advice on here.

We [in our home] can't prep for long, we can't buy stuff for months on end. We are dependent on civilised people tp only buy what they need, so that everyone has food/important other stuff for as long as possible.
If you want to prep do it. I considered it but can't. So all the bloody amounts of what to buy in a self righteous panic means less food for others and their animals.

I am not even worried about this virus, not at all. Que sera sera.

What I am worried about are the people that will empty the shops because they have the money, the storage, the ability etc and then when others come and want to just buy what they can actually use, there is nothing left.

If you are so keen on prepping, do it. Why do you have to shout it out to the world?
I know why. It shows how much better you are, and how you knew all along how bad it would get whilst others just didn't believe you. But even if the others are sheeple or cynics or stupid or whatever, some people would like to go shopping and actually find some food, yes even those who were optimistic at first.

There should really be a separate thread for prepping advice so that it doesn't clog up actual updates.

I have not read much more on this thread lately, because of all the 'you must do this and get that if you want to live BS'. If you were really clever you'd keep this to yourself, so you can buy even more and live even longer than others.

Talk about a self righteous high horse. Some of us are actually trying to help others with information.

If you don't want to prepare and be "dependent on civilised people", then don't. If the SHTF, there will be no civilized people.

In the meantime, if my experience in prepping can help others, I am going to do that. It is the "civilized" thing to do, after all. It is getting pretty late in this thing to prep anyway. Ever hear the story of the ants and the grasshopper?
edit on 1-3-2020 by MrRCflying because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae
I`m south of LR, in a smaller city ---- local Walmart yesterday looked like it had been raided by experts

The younger people were not stocking up as much as the 50+ people were.
We also went to our pharmacy to get a little ahead on some of hubby`s meds, and our pharmacist said he`s been sold out of masks for about 10 days and can`t get more. And gloves are about to run out. He looked very concerned. He did get a chuckle from me getting all 3 boxes of butterfly bandages that he had --- he knows I`m a klutz and hubby has a rare platelet disorder so I don`t want to take any chances.

The cashier looked shocked that I suggested the "touch pad" for authorizing purchases at the register should be wiped down with sanitizer between uses ... She said that management should have already thought of that. Ya think? But its Arkansas, I should be used to it by now (been here since 87 but the culture shock hasn`t worn off yet

There also seems to be a "tummy bug" going around too, and the seasonal allergies have arrived as well. I hope things don`t get crazy here, but we are as ready as we can be at our house.

Its no different than the prepping I did after the frack quakes here .... and as the Boy Scouts say "Always Be Prepared" (for the worst, but hope and pray for the best !)
edit on 1-3-2020 by dragonlover12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join