It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I listened to it again. Yep, he is talking about travel restrictions to and from infected areas within the US.

Go to the 21 minute mark.

edit on 29-2-2020 by MrRCflying because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MaverickLRD

“The Democrats are politicising the coronavirus,” Trump said. “They’re politicising it. One of my people came up to me and said: ‘Mr President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia.’ That did not work out too well. They could not do it. They tried the impeachment hoax.

“This is their new hoax.”

"He meant the response, not the virus!" Then maybe he should say that.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181
I think the President made a mistake there are more than 22 with the virus
bnonews.com...
United States 68 1 dead 1 serious, 7 recovered
edit on 29-2-2020 by Joeshiloh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: GlobalGold
American health care providers are working with the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and health experts in preparation for further spread of the coronavirus inside the country.
However, the cost of testing and in-patient hospital care of pneumonia and other complications is likely to be high.
Patients facing high OOPs [out-of-pocket] for deductibles and co-insurance could be very hard-hit financially.

Yes, everyone should send Obama, Pelosi, Schumer, etc a nice thank you card for their ridiculously overpriced Obamacare with ridiculously high deductibles.

(post by Sillyolme removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Funem
Just found a story on the Washington times (credible source?).

It appears dogs at least can get the Coronavirus. In Hong kong authorities have quarantined a dog. Story below: www.google.co.uk...

Interesting spin If it’s true. I remember people talking about pets in China being killed in earlier threads.

True... videos of dogs being clubbed by masked police have been on twitter... damn awful :’(

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

Public health orders are legally enforceable directives issued under the authority of a relevant federal, state, or local entity that, when applied to a person or group, may place restrictions on the activities undertaken by that person or group, potentially including movement restrictions or a requirement for monitoring by a public health authority, for the purposes of protecting the public’s health. Federal, state, or local public health orders may be issued to enforce isolation, quarantine or conditional release. The list of quarantinable communicable diseases for which federal public health orders are authorized is defined by Executive Order and includes “severe acute respiratory syndromes.” COVID-19 meets the definition for “severe acute respiratory syndromes” as set forth in Executive Order 13295, as amended by Executive Order 13375 and 13674, and, therefore, is a federally quarantinable communicable disease.

Interim US Guidance for Risk Assessment and Public Health Management of Persons with Potential Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Exposure in Travel-associated or Community Settings

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: links234
Next week he will claim the dems created it because they lost an election.

Do you just have to inject politics into everything?

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Not 15-20% of the population. 15-20%of those who get sick. Thats a way smaller number.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: flice

originally posted by: Funem
Just found a story on the Washington times (credible source?).

It appears dogs at least can get the Coronavirus. In Hong kong authorities have quarantined a dog. Story below: www.google.co.uk...

Interesting spin If it’s true. I remember people talking about pets in China being killed in earlier threads.

True... videos of dogs being clubbed by masked police have been on twitter... damn awful :’(

More on dogs - they can spread virus even if they are not actually "infected"

www.scmp.com...

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

I work at a hospital, and can address my own opinion about what is likely to happen at most hospitals.

The entry level folks, like janitors, orderlies, phlebotomists, people working the loading docks, and maybe even the records personnel / some secretaries, run a risk of not reporting to work. And yeah, they are vital to the functioning of hospitals. This will cause some problems.

The people who have taken oaths to serve, like nurses and physicians and many more, will stay. Then, the dedicated people in between from top to bottom will probably also mostly keep reporting to work. Why? Because healthcare = 'saving lives' (postponing deaths), and folks in the field mostly care about other people, or else they wouldn't be there.

So … yeah, things could get rough in the bad case scenarios, but at some level hospitals will all continue to function, regardless, even if overwhelmed.

I am trying not to generalize, but a lot of folks in the healthcare profession overall include the 'martyr' personality type. They will work till they drop in terrible circumstances in the US too, just like they did from the start in China.

edit on 29-2-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

He doesn't have to say that if you have proper reading comprehension. That's why context is important.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Ted Lieu and CNN come out early with incorrect info on the first death.
Did Trump use a barium meal to catch another leaker?

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Getting back to the hospital now: The hospital was near empty. I have never seen that hospital so empty in nearly 3 decades here. So yes, people. You have to really /must prepare yourself for the worst senerio (sp) possible now.

I'm confused... what is the significance - why is it bad - that the hospital is near empty?

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joeshiloh
I think the President made a mistake there are more than 22 with the virus
bnonews.com...
United States 68 1 dead 1 serious, 7 recovered

With all respect, the numbers you give are consistent with 'more than 22 with the virus', in a technical kind of way.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   
If this is true then Iran will be reaching Chinas numbers soon enough.

The People's Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI / MEK) announced today that the death toll for the COVID-19 has exceeded 500 as of this evening, Saturday, February 29, 2020. Meanwhile, the religious fascism ruling Iran is making every effort to prevent the disclosure of the actual number of the victims.
According to these reports, at least 150 victims have died in Qom, 100 in Tehran, 100 in Mazandaran Province, 37 in Arak and Saveh, 37 in Isfahan, Homayounshahr and Najafabad, 24 in Kashan and 22 in Gilan. In addition, several more people have died in Mashhad, Kermanshah, Karaj, Semnan, Bandar Abbas, Yazd, Ilam, Yasuj, Khorramabad, Neyshabour, and Hamada. The clerical regime, however, has put the death toll at 43 and the number of those contracting the virus at 593

www.ncr-iran.org...

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad
a reply to: pasiphae

I work at a hospital, and can address my own opinion about what is likely to happen at most hospitals.

The entry level folks, like janitors, orderlies, phlebotomists, people working the loading docks, and maybe even the records personnel / some secretaries, run a risk of not reporting to work. And yeah, they are vital to the functioning of hospitals. This will cause some problems.

The people who have taken oaths to serve, like nurses and physicians and many more, will stay. Then, the dedicated people in between from top to bottom will probably also mostly keep reporting to work. Why? Because healthcare = 'saving lives' (postponing deaths), and folks in the field mostly care about other people, or else they wouldn't be there.

So … yeah, things could get rough in the bad case scenarios, but at some level hospitals will all continue to function, regardless, even if overwhelmed.

I am trying not to generalize, but a lot of folks in the healthcare profession overall include the 'martyr' personality type. They will work till they drop in terrible circumstances in the US too, just like they did in China.

I too work in a hospital.
However, due to the lack of integrity in Albuquerque NM, I bugged out and moved waaaay North to a rural area.
I am blessed (thank you LordJesus Christ for getting me out of there) in the ability that my profession is in high demand and I can go about anywhere and work locum tenens. That said, I am much more a value to my fellow man alive, than dead.
I believe you too feel the same.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Ted Lieu and CNN come out early with incorrect info on the first death.
Did Trump use a barium meal to catch another leaker?
I think that we will find out later that a teenager also died:

SHORELINE — Two new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Washington, in a King County woman and a Snohomish County teenager, state and local officials said Friday night.

The woman had recently been to South Korea, a country affected by the outbreak. But the Snohomish County patient, a high school student, did not recently travel to any countries affected by SARS-CoV-2, the official name of the novel coronavirus, said Snohomish Health District officer Dr. Chris Spitters.

“It’s concerning that this individual did not travel, since this individual acquired it in the community,” Washington state health officer Dr. Kathy Lofy told reporters Friday at a news conference at the Department of Health Shoreline. “We really believe now that the risk is increasing.”

Both cases are considered “presumptive positive,” as test results were confirmed at the Shoreline site Friday, but are also being sent to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for confirmation. A case awaiting confirmation by the CDC was also reported Friday in Oregon.

The case in Oregon, two in California and the new Snohomish County case do not appear linked to travel to a country affected by the outbreak.

The Snohomish County student, who attends Henry M. Jackson High School in Mill Creek, became ill Monday with a fever, body aches and a headache, and visited two clinics in the county this week, Spitters said.

Because he was feeling better, he returned to school Friday morning, but after his tests came back positive, he went home before attending class.

Officials believe the student became infected through a respiratory pathogen, though they said it’s still early in the investigation. He is currently quarantined at home and is “doing well,” Spitters said.

A handful of students who came in close contact with the teen are being quarantined at home for 14 days.

In a letter to Everett Public Schools families Friday, school district officials announced they would close the high school Monday to conclude three days of “deep disinfecting.”

“This is a rapidly changing situation, but please be assured the health and safety of our students are of utmost importance and we will keep everyone informed,” the letter said.

The school’s closure prompted the Washington Interscholastic Activities Association to announce late Friday night that WIAA regional basketball games scheduled to be played at Jackson High on Saturday will shift to Shorewood High School. All game times remain as originally scheduled.

The King County patient is a woman in her 50s, said Dr. Jeffrey Duchin, health officer at Public Health – Seattle & King County. She returned to Washington from South Korea on Feb. 23 and worked for one day before developing symptoms, Duchin said. Her husband then called county health officials to report her symptoms and travel history.

She did not interact with the public during her workday, Duchin said, and is recovering at home “without complications.” A workplace investigation is underway.

Her husband has not shown any symptoms. He is also under home quarantine.

www.seattletimes.com...
edit on 2/29/2020 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: musicismagic
Getting back to the hospital now: The hospital was near empty. I have never seen that hospital so empty in nearly 3 decades here. So yes, people. You have to really /must prepare yourself for the worst senerio (sp) possible now.

I'm confused... what is the significance - why is it bad - that the hospital is near empty?

Because they've kicked out anyone not critical to make room for covid patients.

link   

originally posted by: Ektar
a reply to: ketsuko
Don't you think it's strange everyone else seems to have a working test & we don't?

Why are you assuming theirs is any better?

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join