It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2
So in the press conference they said 15-20 will require advanced medically treatment. The problem is there isn't enough doctor's and beds to handle 15-20%.

I got that too, patients with underlying health issues including diabetes, elderly, etc. That’s a big chunk of our population right there.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

CNN still saying its a male - will need to scroll down a couple articles

www.cnn.com...

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Did anyone catch the meaning behind what the head of HHS was saying?

He said something like "what we are doing without, we will be doing within" They way he worded it was obscure, but if you listened close, he was talking about travel restrictions.

Basically those areas that have the infection, travel to and from will be limited or stopped. So it looks like we may be headed towards quarantining areas and cities in the US, just as the Chinese have done, to slow the spread down. It will not stop it, but probably will slow it.

I know there will probably be backlash against it, but I think it is a good idea. Keep it contained as much as possible.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: GlobalGold

www.cnn.com...

OK, I see they corrected their previous statement

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mamana12
So they are saying it was a 50+ yr old woman and she got it from community spread. They didn't volunteer the community spread aspect until it was asked in a question. Given that they are trying to reassure people that most healthy people will be fine, I'm expecting that she isn't actually the first US death and it will come out soon that someone young and healthy has died. I'm thinking they just didn't want to announce a young healthy person was the first US death as that would cause panic.

BINGO.

She was likely a 2nd death. We'll see..

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

50 is pretty young to die from the flu.

RIP..

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

And … hardly anyone talks about the increased risk to otherwise healthy pregnant women.

Why, because that would be too much? But yeah, pregnant women fall into the highest risk group too, regardless of age.

edit on 29-2-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: (no reason given)

link   
Unless the state got it wrong.. which would be odd. But you notice they changed their text from "him" to "their." If it was a younger and healthier male, the news will get out - and the administration will look like fools.

link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying

He said something like "what we are doing without, we will be doing within" They way he worded it was obscure, but if you listened close, he was talking about travel restrictions.

Basically those areas that have the infection, travel to and from will be limited or stopped. So it looks like we may be headed towards quarantining areas and cities in the US, just as the Chinese have done, to slow the spread down. It will not stop it, but probably will slow it.

I know there will probably be backlash against it, but I think it is a good idea. Keep it contained as much as possible.

I am expecting quarantines around Portland, Seattle and N. California bay area in as little as a few weeks..

link   

www.cnn.com...

OK, I see they corrected their previous statement

Yes, CNN is fake news until they are called out onto the carpet.
If CNN was a toiletry, it would go out of business.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
What's with all the sudden "thread drift" moderation going on with this thread?

People are talking, people are posting, isn't that the desired result of a message forum?

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Mamana12

Good point. Maybe they are 99 percent sure the male died from it but are "waiting on confirmation." That way like you said he won't be the first.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: clay2 baraka

50 is pretty young to die from the flu.

RIP..

This is NOT the flu. Not all viruses are flu viruses. Influenza virus causes the flu ( flu is short for influenza, get it?).
Polio, rabies, hepatitis are all viral infections but they're not the flu...and coronavirus does not cause the flu. Only influenza virus causes the flu.
edit on 2/29/2020 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85
"iTs A DeMoCrAt H0aX!!!111"

*begins new press conference explaining that millions of masks have been procured*

Such a loser. xD

Sigh...a hoax by the left attacking the response efforts. Not the disease being a hoax

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

originally posted by: MrRCflying

I am expecting quarantines around Portland, Seattle and N. California bay area in as little as a few weeks..

That would not surprise me, based on what he said. I think if the numbers of community passed cases goes up, it is probably going to happen.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
One of the first concerns I have had, since the first recognized verified coronavirus patient was in the Seattle area, has been for the Boeing Corp. With the large number of employees, contractors, and subcontractors in the Everett area associated directly and indirectly with Boeing, and with Boeing’s presence throughout the world, and undoubtly many contracts in China, I am concerned with this particular area for the spread of this virus.

Just because this first death is in the Seattle area, does not mean that she had any direct relationship to any of the Boeing associates. Nor does this mean any Boeing associate has been in any contact with the disease, but, speaking only for myself, I will remain cognizant of this potential possibility.

Judge not by the words, but by the actions that are being taken by those in the know.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
With regards to quarantine by the CDC:

What is CDC’s quarantine authority?

Title 42 United States Code Section 264 (Section 361 of the Public Health Service [PHS] Act) gives the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) responsibility for preventing the introduction, transmission, and spread of communicable diseases from foreign countries into the United States and within the United States and its territories/possessions. This statute is implemented through regulations found at 42 CFR Parts 70 and 71. Under its delegated authority, CDC, through the Division of Global Migration and Quarantine, is empowered to detain, medically examine, or conditionally release persons suspected of carrying a communicable disease.

To what diseases does CDC’s quarantine authority apply?

Under the procedures required by the PHS Act, the list of diseases for which quarantine is authorized must first be specified in an Executive Order of the President, on recommendation of the HHS Secretary. Since 1983, this list has included cholera, diphtheria, infectious tuberculosis, plague, smallpox, yellow fever, and viral hemorrhagic fevers. It was amended in April 2003 to include SARS.

Legal Authorities for Isolation and Quarantine

§ 70.6 Apprehension and detention of persons with quarantinable communicable diseases.

(a) The Director may authorize the apprehension, medical examination, quarantine, isolation, or conditional release of any individual for the purpose of preventing the introduction, transmission, and spread of quarantinable communicable diseases, as specified by Executive Order, based upon a finding that:

(1) The individual is reasonably believed to be infected with a quarantinable communicable disease in a qualifying stage and is moving or about to move from a State into another State; or

(2) The individual is reasonably believed to be infected with a quarantinable communicable disease in a qualifying stage and constitutes a probable source of infection to other individuals who may be moving from a State into another State.

(b) The Director will arrange for adequate food and water, appropriate accommodation, appropriate medical treatment, and means of necessary communication for individuals who are apprehended or held in quarantine or isolation under this part.

42 CFR § 70.6 - Apprehension and detention of persons with quarantinable communicable diseases.

The above seems to imply that this only applies to individuals moving between states.

Though this gives me in the impression that any individual can be quarantined regardless of movement:

Quarantine means the separation of an individual or group reasonably believed to have been exposed to a quarantinable communicable disease, but who are not yet ill, from others who have not been so exposed, to prevent the possible spread of the quarantinable communicable disease.

Quarantinable communicable disease means any of the communicable diseases listed in an Executive Order, as provided under section 361 of the Public Health Service Act. Executive Order 13295, of April 4, 2003, as amended by Executive Order 13375 of April 1, 2005, contains the current revised list of quarantinable communicable diseases, and may be obtained at www.cdc.gov... and www.archives.gov... If this Order is amended, HHS will enforce that amended order immediately and update that Web site.

42 CFR § 70.1 - General definitions.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Interesting comment from Trump at the end there essentially saying there will probably be another press conference tomorrow and probably daily moving forward.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2
So in the press conference they said 15-20 will require advanced medically treatment. The problem is there isn't enough doctor's and beds to handle 15-20%.

And in the US I'm not confident that all hospital workers will even report to work when cases start popping up all over.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres said that containment of the global spread of coronavirus was possible "but the window of opportunity is narrowing".

Window's barely a crack now - good luck stopping it UN

Who cares what some corrupt Commie petty tyrant-wannabe says?

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join