It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Iraq announces 5 new coronavirus cases, total now 13

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
So it looks like there is an outbreak in Seattle.

The Washington Department of Health confirmed Saturday the first coronavirus-related death in Washington state, according to a press release.

Health officials said there are new King County cases in addition to the two new cases confirmed Friday evening.

This reads like they had two cases + one death + other cases confirmed? I suppose it's possible the death is one of the two they knew about, but both were reported to be doing well as of yesterday at their homes (1 a teen, and 1 a woman in her 50s who had been to Daegu S. Korea). They would have had to crash overnight, not impossible but highly unlikely.

But with the tidbit about other cases confirmed ... it looks like the death came from there and that means they have an outbreak in Seattle.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroFurrbone

originally posted by: Rich Z

originally posted by: cirrus12
Yeah it's ridiculous - it's giving people the false perception that it is nothing/don't worry/carry on as normal but wash your hands basically.
I think they have forgotten that China shut down their entire workforce, quarantine millions of people and have gone to extreme measures to try and contain it. Also interesting to note is that here the MSM have not really mentioned China for a while...

a reply to: Oppenheimer67

I get the feeling that if China told us everything this know about this, we would all be wishing that they hadn't told us.

Whats better? Being lied to so you can't prepare but being blisfully ignorant, or being told the truth so you can prepare but it will spread panic beyound anyone's controll?

Because if you ask me both options are bad. I rather only i know the truth without being able to share it because hummanity as a whole has to be lied to or else all goes to hell due to crowd mentality.

In this case I believe it is better to be blissfuly ignorant, but at the same time accept whatever comes.

Latin American countries wouldn't last long even if the news werent THAT terrible. I think for any curious and smart mind, it is obvious that whatever is happening is terrible. Most of China is still on lockdown.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
You may be able to watch the press conference live at this link:
www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Willyblake

The truth is this:

If China is saying the truth - Well, nothing changes.

If China is lying and instead told the truth that there are many many more dead and this is beyound control - Imagine the panic x1000 with stores globally emptying , people fighting on the streets and locking themselves early, global economy colapsing in just a day and someone may have launched a nuke by now.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Still no signs of real panic or empty anything where I am at. We were out stocking the pets this morning. Of course, we didn't really hit groceries, so maybe it's different there.

People may not be thinking about their furry friends.

It could also be that people in the Midwest tend to largely shrug and carry on.
edit on 29-2-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rich Z

originally posted by: cirrus12
[
That is insane! Surely this should be mainstream news! Closing the lab with no reason in the midst of the outbreak seems so suspect! I'm sure even non conspiracy theorists would agree.

quote]originally posted by: GlobalGold
yet another strange, unexplained circumstance...

The Shanghai laboratory where researchers published the world’s first genome sequence of the deadly coronavirus that causes Covid-19 has been shut down.

www.scmp.com...[/quote

Yeah, maybe what they learned was just very bad news. When your house catches on fire, if you don't put it out fast enough, the only recourse you have is to get out.

Maybe.
Could be that a the staff are dead now.
Wonder what else lurks in the lab?
I wonder if it is secured?

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I am pretty sure people in my country shrug it of and don't care about it.

Also they don't hve money to "empty the stores"

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

It was the same here. The cold meds were stocked.
The big bags of rice were gone but my store barely stocks any.
I did notice A LOT of older people (70-80s) buying water, cans and some canning supplies but everything is still stocked.

My husband commented that the older people might do better than thought because they know how to hunker down and prepare.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad
a reply to: MrRCflying

Hey, not all hobby type items will fall in demand.

Camping and survival skills provide a hobby for some folks too, and DIY building projects, and that sort of thing. Use your imagination, and just try to slowly adjust the inventory of your store, if possible. I know those things work really slowly, but maybe you could start with baby steps. I don't want to see your operation (or anyone's) going out of business. That'd suck if it could be prevented, especially.

If some of us are going to be possibly stuck at home for days on end, we are going to need hobbies of some kind

Thank you! I am going to for sure try to keep it alive, but they are very niche products. Mostly to do with radio control airplanes. It is not making me rich, but I can pay the bills. LOL Hopefully it will all blow over.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

You can watch the conference here.
edit on 29-2-2020 by Willyblake because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-2-2020 by Willyblake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Another link to watch live:
www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
@texasgirl

Have you seen this tweet?

Home quarantine lady in Texas out and about.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tukota

originally posted by: pasiphae

originally posted by: ragiusnotiel
First US death

bno

First death - Washington state. Just giving this another post

What's interesting about this case is that there was one confirmed case in WA state way back. I think it was the first one, and from I had read, had recovered. So the news anchors were just asking if this was the same person who had fallen ill again, or a new person that we didn't know about. I'm happy to hear that the news anchors are asking these questions. Hopefully at 1:30 the press conference will give us more details.

That's a really good catch. I think the first case was out of eastern Washington. This death is near Seattle. But, who knows?..

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: misfit312

See nothing

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Considering empty shops and market crash; a few weeks ago I was imagining strategy for surviving a famine and problems that might arise.

While combing for info on this pandemic, I am constantly coming across news of new outbreaks of other diseases including those in livestock. Quite regular, new outbreaks of highly pathogenic avian flu outbreaks globally for example.

Normally these are picked up quick and the source destroyed.

A few weeks ago I considered how this could cause outbreaks in a later stage SHTF scenario when people are raiding battery farms, if it came to that. This could cause high fatality outbreaks, but much faster incubation/transmission, so burn out, but killing off large clusters.

It occurred to me today though, that this might become an issue sooner. If testing capacities are backlogged due to nCoV, or manpower/supervision is impacted, normal efficient and safe destruction of infected livestock might not happen. Infection might not be identified at all. I imagine many regions will have safeguards to prevent suspect animals getting into the food chain, i.e. it won't be processed just because the test came back late. But places with more lax protocols could have an issue. Even in places with better protocols, delay in testing/results could allow more spread of a disease, wiping out more livestock, or spread into the wild or to employees.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JSpader

Crap the person deleted and retweeted...

screenshot

The lady address it on her Facebook and said she misspoke and is self monitoring not on self quarantine.
Still what so hard about staying home?
her Facebook

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The American death is a 19 year old? My source is my Mrs, can anyone confirm?

edit to add: New sources (from here! Thank you) Are saying 50 year old. Waiting to find out...
edit on 29-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: added detail

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67
The American death is a 19 year old? My source is my Mrs, can anyone confirm?

I know it's a male, that's all I know

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

...and that means they have an outbreak in Seattle.

It also means that they had other cases which weren't reported if this wasn't one of the two existing.
edit on 29-2-2020 by jadedANDcynical because: double pasted

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join