It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 354
<< 351  352  353    355  356  357 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Now its not the case that 95% of the cases are CA; but neither is it true that all of the country is experiencing the same level of severity.

That's why measure should be taken to ensure it does not get out of hand. Regardless if the numbers are localized, the rate remains essentially the same local/national/global (with obvious fluctuations). That's how statistics work. By your example, it doesn't matter so much if it's localized because localization reflects the whole.

I think that is important information to relate to people as it would mean different measures are required based on what is happening locally.
The same measures are required for containment, regardless of where. That some places have more cases means it should be more seriously and quickly addressed

Unfortunately with the dominasion of national news; and the fact that most of that news comes from the areas most affected means that a lot of people are not getting the information they need to plan locally.

Bull#. News is not at fault. Ga has a very low rate (cases.death) but has taken steps to see that it does not get worse. That's preemption. That's smart, that what we need.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I mean i have essentials now.

Liquor kinda doesn't sound like a bad idea..

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Welp my town is rumored to have more covid-19 says this guy. 😡. Getting used to this now. Sorry no news articles yet. Sure you hear it soon enough.

NEWS ARTICLE
edit on 12-3-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-3-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

Does canned Lysol work?

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   
wasn't there someone in tbis thread that mentioned china would try to blame US for this....seems to be what's going on right now, China saying US infected Wuhan at army games and saying US should come clean. Crazy times.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

It should, I think it says it kills SARS and other coronaviruses on the back just hasn't been updated yet.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: dainfamusgc
wasn't there someone in tbis thread that mentioned china would try to blame US for this....seems to be what's going on right now, China saying US infected Wuhan at army games and saying US should come clean. Crazy times.

I rambled on about China, blaming us a few topics ago one night in February.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   
NYC declares state of emergency, de Blasio says coronavirus ‘could easily be a 6-month crisis’

The city now has 95 confirmed COVID-19 cases, with 42 of them reported in the last 24 hours, he said. More than 1,780 people are under voluntary quarantine in the city, with an additional 29 people under mandatory quarantine, he said. By next week, the number of cases in the city is projected to rise to 1,000, he said.

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The Governor of Michigan just closed every school in the state! All K-12 for three weeks. We have 12 cases.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Try to keep calm, the placebo effect is real and you could start creating symptoms if you convince yourself you have them (the feeling strange). The last thing you want is to psych yourself out when you're fine, convince yourself you're not, and then go to the doc and catch it there. I have given myself some strange short lived "symptoms" over the years just by being a bit of a hypochondriac. None of them ever developed into anything and I'm convinced I just mind gamed myself into it. Monitor but don't obsess and hope you feel better soon.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Occam78
a reply to: liejunkie01

Try to keep calm, the placebo effect is real and you could start creating symptoms if you convince yourself you have them (the feeling strange). The last thing you want is to psych yourself out when you're fine, convince yourself you're not, and then go to the doc and catch it there. I have given myself some strange short lived "symptoms" over the years just by being a bit of a hypochondriac. None of them ever developed into anything and I'm convinced I just mind gamed myself into it. Monitor but don't obsess and hope you feel better soon.

I appreciate the advice.

I'm all good. My kids have all been sick lately taking turns passing it around.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   
A reporter just asked the governor of MI to comment on the state of Ohio making a comment earlier today that they think they have 100,000 cases. WTH? Has anyone else heard that? No links. This is live tv. The governor just said something along the lines of...we know we will have additional cases showing up in our state.
edit on 12/3/2020 by Tukota because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Nvm
edit on 12-3-2020 by MaverickLRD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tukota
A reporter just asked the governor of MI to comment on the state of Ohio making a comment earlier today that they think they have 100,000 cases. WTH? Has anyone else heard that? No links. This is live tv. The governor just said something along the lines of...we know we will have additional cases showing up in our state.

I found it.

100 ,000

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Who knows? the idea of open borders might become bitter. Nationalism has been on the rise in lots of countries, perhaps this will solidfy that logic.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
Welp my town is rumored to have more covid-19 says this guy. 😡. Getting used to this now. Sorry no news articles yet. Sure you hear it soon enough.

NEWS ARTICLE

We are all going to have to deal with this personally unfortuantely and most of us will get it.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

Does canned Lysol work?

Clorox "healthcare" brand wipes with hydrogen peroxide is what the CDC recommended to my daughter and her clinic just as a heads up, comes in a green wipey tube

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: whiteblack

originally posted by: Tukota

I found it.

100 ,000

OMG! I can’t wrap my mind around that. Let’s hope the number is way, way lower.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Tukota

www.zerohedge.com...

Link to 100,000
edit on 12-3-2020 by Joeshiloh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MaverickLRD

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: clay2 baraka

Could have been a C-17 or a C-130, we do have a few 130's at moody but like I said the approach was wrong for the base, that's why I think it could be DoD coming maybe from Robbins with supplies/personnel to help properly assess things.

We are a tiny base with an even smaller clinic, they dont even really have the people to handle just active duty on base normally if this stuff takes off they will be overwhelmed in a day or so.

Ones a prop plane and ones a massive heavy lol

Gee thanks never would have guessed after 20 years on the flight line, I would love to see you make a proper identification at about 4 miles after the sun set based purely off the position lights.

new topics

top topics

<< 351  352  353    355  356  357 >>

join