It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 350
<< 347  348  349    351  352  353 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: misfit312

I dunno what the strategy is on that. Just gonna let it spread, eventually the frequency contagion will increase to a degree where everyone will be sick. 2 theories come to mind, they know they can’t contain it, and are just going to allow it to spread, which is stupid, maybe thinking summer will stop it. 🤦‍♂️ Or there is some kind of limitation not having the material to craft tests to test the populace. Because the virus is so contagious I think they are against testing. 🤷‍♂️ But ya stories are all over the place, dr’s are not testing, hospitals are begging for tests and the cdc has only tested 77 cases this week. 🤷‍♂️
edit on 12-3-2020 by Bicent because: Spellcheck

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   
California Update: Money for Small business? -
Sacramento City Leaders To Vote On Coronavirus Emergency Declaration, $1M Relief Plan For Small Businesses

Speaking after California Gov. Gavin Newsom addressed the state’s response, Steinberg said city leaders are looking at a $1 million economic relief package that will help local small businesses cope with the losses from the coronavirus.

No evictions and Free Parking

Steinberg also announced a plan that will ban evictions for people having a hard time making ends meet due to lost wages. To try and stimulate some commerce, Steinberg said free metered parking will be coming to the Downtown core like during holiday shopping season.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   
www.wjhl.com... 4tjiVw

Bristol Motor Speedway: ‘No changes to race weekend schedule’

Bristol Motor Speedway officials added, “We’ll be adding hand-washing stations in key places, distributing hand sanitizer and deep-cleaning high-traffic areas where things like hand-rails are touched often.”

I hope the race gets rained out. Geeze this is going to be a mess and not help matters any here in East Tennessee.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Honolulu hospital has a plan.

Queen's Hospital (For which I have a special fondness, I was born there as well as treated for cancer there.) has broken its "disaster tents" out of storage. People who are concerned about symptoms they are experiencing will be able to be evaluated while not exposing other areas of the hospital.

“These are the walking well people to be evaluated rapidly, screened, potentially tested and then sent home for home isolation pending results of the test,” Cheng said. “This actually might be the main triage site for patients that are low acuity. So, they’re looking fine but they’re coming in saying, ‘Hey I might have been exposed. I’m young and healthy. But I have a little runny nose. I want to get evaluated.’ They’ll still be seen by the same physician, they’ll still seen by the same nurse, but they’re evaluated in a well-ventilated area.”

www.staradvertiser.com...

Hawaii has 2 confirmed cases of Covid and will begin "surveillance testing" this week. This testing will use samples collected for influenza testing which have returned negative results. The state expects to process as many as 400 samples a week.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ragiusnotiel
Alright y'all I'm about to be in Hot Spot number 3.
Daytona Beach refuse to cancel Bike Week we now have a confirmed case and our local Health Department is asking anybody that attended Bike Week to self quarantine for 14 days. This is half of my friends list. No one listened to me.

What can I tell you by looking at my friends feeds that had posted pictures from Bike Week? They will not be following the self quarantine orders. It will continue to spread here. DeSantis and our local Health Department is a joke, I'm not sure how many isolation beds we have but it's not really looking good for us.

I will keep you posted on everything that happens here.

I have a gut feeling that this will be very very bad.

Not a sourced update, local intel only.

For those interested in following Volusia County updates please watch for my posts.

*rumors of halifax closing because they have a case (friends daughter works there)

Do you have a link for this? My wife's cousin attends Bike Week pretty religiously. I'm guessing he is still there and perhaps not aware of what is going on. So she would like to send him a link to this info.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Disneyworld Florida and Disneyland Paris are also now closing.
edit on 12-3-2020 by Mamana12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
amazing - checkout the monkeys

twitter.com...

Hundreds of hungry monkeys swarm across Thai street as 'rival gangs' fight over food after tourists who normally feed them stay away because of coronavirus trib.al...

we got monkeys here too, and they are very dangerous

First:

Assortment of news here!

www.thebigwobble.org...

Monkeys are more dangerous, as people think. Human and animal alike 😂

link   

originally posted by: Mamana12
Disneyworld Florida and Disneyland Paris are also now closing.

I heard Cali was closing, just a matter of time before Orlando followed.

link   
Local meteorologist tweeted this:

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I'm not sure of county's to be honest, I know he is in Saginaw right now, but they live near clare/mt. pleasant.

And thank you burdman. He is an amazing man, who has lived an amazing life, that I would love to document. Better than a movie.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

So following this narrative it’s safe to assume we are all gonna get sick within the next 30 days, or we are all dead, in some form of hell with weird news stories.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Saginaw is the neighbor county I grew up there. I know the hospitals well including the VA there. Definitely looking like a case in the area.

Either here or Saginaw County. Maybe both.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   
This falls in confirmed rumor category from multiple nurse wives of coworkers. Woman in huntsville, AL hospital suspected Tuesday and apparently confirmed today. Husband works at local Toyota plant and supposedly they are shutting it down. I can't find anything official, but multiple close sources at the hospital.
edit on 12-3-2020 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968

How come we are in the middle of a Pandemic and an economic meltdown at the same time, it could be argued that the meltdown has been going on since 2008 and the Coro. has brought things to a head. But any analysist can see their was a real economic collapse coming, the shipping was down before the virus hit, as with the Mall closures. The Uk will be the same as Italy in a couple of weeks, dependent drains on the system will be gone. The health dependent junk food eating lower classes will be hammered and no longer require assistance. Or Jobs because if Wuhan is anything to go by its still on lockdown. Anyone who tries to tell the true story is carted off to an infection ward and disappears. At the same time unrest was brewing in multiple states across the world , it hits, and large gatherings are banned. No talk of yellow vests anymore. The one per cent own fifty percent of the share market. They are taking the cream at the top, and leaving the rest to whistle Dixie. All at the time when AI takes off, cheaper than a war if this isn't a planned Bio weapon attack, the effects are the same.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: Liquesence

So following this narrative it’s safe to assume we are all gonna get sick within the next 30 days, or we are all dead, in some form of hell with weird news stories.

No, but if we don't take preemptive steps, we might be overwhelmed. Yes, people will get sick. Some severe (mostly elderly or those with underlying conditions), some not.

While I think we have been delayed and lax in our initial response, we can still control it.

Good thing is that the recovery rate is also increasing.

ETA:

Recovery graphs:

edit on 12-3-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   

GD.
They are wanting to move him to the masonic home in Alma, which if you know, would be much better care. I really hope they can figure out a way to do that.
His family can't visit him right now, due to the lockdown.
Which is understandable, but they don't realize that his family is isolated, they way they live, so have less chance of contact with anyone, than the people working there.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Everywhere else is going full lockdown, in the U.K. we’re still washing our hands and trusting people to stay home if they feel slightly unwell. I’m sure everything will be just fine.
In other news, I got hit by a truck travelling at high speed earlier, I was thrown fifty yards, suffering multiple broken bones and serious trauma. Luckily, there was a sink nearby so I simply washed my hands and continued about my day. Phew!

link   
a reply to: anonentity

It’s surreal indeed.

Good to see that free mind of yours.

link   
Has anyone posted this?? I've skipped a few pages a few pages back. 50 cases in NY trace back to ONE attorney. The R0 is higher than we're being told. This guy is definitely a superspreader

--

"In one small suburb on the outskirts of New York City, coronavirus cases jumped from one to more than 100 in less than 10 days.

The 50-year-old attorney, who works near Grand Central Station in Manhattan, tested positive for the virus on March 2 and was hospitalized at New York-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center

17 people in two days
Just two days after the man's positive results, on March 4, his 20-year-old son, a student at New York's Yeshiva University, also tested positive. School officials said he was showing symptoms of the virus.
The wife and 14-year-old daughter of the attorney both also tested positive on the same day.
So did the neighbor who drove him to the hospital.
And a friend of the attorney.
The friend's wife, two sons and daughter tested positive that day too.
The day after, on March 5, the governor says eight other people connected to the attorney tested positive for the virus.
The same day, the governor announced sweeping self-quarantine directions, urging more than 1,000 New Yorkers to stay home.

23 others linked to one person
On March 7, the governor announced 23 others linked to the attorney had the virus.
The day after, he said 12 more cases were reported in Westchester County, which is home to New Rochelle. By March 10, there were 108 cases in New Rochelle.
As Cuomo announced the deployment of the National Guard Tuesday, he declared New Rochelle a "true geographic cluster."

The National Guard will be helping combat the spread through March 25, the governor said.
"It is a true ... phenomenon," he said. "

www.cnn.com... &utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR3jFFAAAISqJV-U3lZTakOWgCP8cweAlJ0Bvcu4gvs6C1yoQYt6a2_gZlc

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: missed_gear
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Well this is going to get worse...propaganda will start becoming gospel. Btw...Chinese bitcoin is up..

Edit: Off a bit not gaining Atm. Link

This is cause for concern:

Disinformation about the coronavirus is spreading as quickly as the outbreak, fueled by Iranian, Russian, and Chinese government-backed campaigns blaming and attacking the United States as the source for the scourge.

Article

Now on FOX News (I know o.k.?...but hitting mainstrean)

If you listened to Chinese state-run media, you'd think President Trump went to China and released vials of COVID-19 on groups of unsuspecting men, women and children.

Beijing has been bending over backward trying to convince the world that the United States is the real culprit behind the quickly spreading virus that's already claimed more than 4,600 lives across the globe.

Link to quoted above

And follows.....

Chang said it's just another tactic in China's playbook, carefully choreographed to make Americans look petty and racist.

"This an all-out assault on the United States," Chang said.

Now the USA is getting the blame...on here I've read a great deal of "USA bashing and what-aboutisms"; China is going to lead the further chumming.

mg

Remind me again, please. What country was it that closed down a lab sequencing this coronavirus and then had all the records destroyed? Was it the USA, or was it China?

And then what country was it that refused experts from the other country entry into their country to view and study the pathogen with WHO? Was it the USA or China?

top topics

<< 347  348  349    351  352  353 >>

join