It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 286
<< 283  284  285    287  288  289 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
This is Japan today: A total of 485 people infected in Japan. As it is Monday more reports will come come. We now are testing about 4600 people a day . Today in Tokyo the train system reports a decrease in passengers . The economy is slowing down by the hour here. For you Americans following me , I'm straight on info. Your want to hide you head under the pillow, go ahead. But don't knock the info I'm sharing. Its for real in this country.

i have been reading your posts since day one. are you serious, that is all that is infected in japan, doesnt seem like that much compared to everywhere else , maybe your a bit paranoid. all your doom and gloom talk is crap.. more people have died than that in italy. burdman is right. lay it on the line or just stop already
edit on 9-3-2020 by alphacenturi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

What is this corona thing everyone is talking about? Can we get a thread going about it? I would like to hear more about it.

Maybe ats can do a sticky for it to bring more awareness .
edit on 39331America/ChicagoMon, 09 Mar 2020 22:39:57 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

First federal agency advising employees to stay home and work:

I can also confirm: an associate of mine who works for a large federal government agency shared a staff letter with me tonight. It told them to start working from home as much as is possible, effective Wednesday. Letter was sent out this evening.
I wonder if a US OPM announcement is just around the corner.

EDIT: US OPM COVID-19 Guidance from Saturday March 7th

Agencies are strongly encouraged to continue reviewing and updating their emergency and COOP plans, as needed.  The successful incorporation of telework and “social distancing” in COOP and emergency planning will allow the Federal Government to continue functioning efficiently and effectively, while ensuring the health and safety of employees.  Agency COOP plans should have telework fully incorporated so that as many employees as possible are working during a COOP activation.  

Agencies should immediately review their current telework policies and ensure that written telework agreements are in place for as many employees as possible.

edit on 9-3-2020 by Oleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Police to enforce coronavirus ban on events with more than 1,000 people in Silicon Valley county: report
Most sweeping preventive measure yet taken in California

Just hours after Santa Clara County reported its first coronavirus-related death, the county has implemented a mandatory ban on all large gatherings in hopes of containing the spread of the deadly virus — the most sweeping preventive measure yet taken in California.

The ban, which will begin at midnight on Wednesday and span at least three weeks, will apply to any event with more than 1,000 attendees, Santa Clara County Counsel James Williams announced at a press conference Monday evening. The Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office and police departments throughout the county will enforce the ban.

Source
Second Source

edit on 9-3-2020 by DancedWithWolves because: Ooops

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I have seen a lot of posts on here saying that flu has killed 20,000 people, however it's not taken into perspective. Here is an example to show the flaw in the logic. During an average year 8 people are killed by sharks compared to 10,000 people killed by freshwater snails. Does that mean the snails are more dangerous? No, it means we have more contact with the snails. I could have used dogs for an example since they kill between 25k and 35k a year but I think the snails make a better point. You have to compare apples to apples. If as many people contract this as the flu then the numbers would be vastly different.
edit on 9-3-2020 by K_OS because: Wrote on my phone, many typos.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK
Will we still be talking about the Cobama virus in a month?
I bet not.

Oh, come on! Be more optimistic. You probably have better than 99% chance of survival, and we might not have even peaked out then!

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Australian Update

And we've hit the Hundy.

Hundy not out

27 cases are local transmissions, which includes 2 deaths.

a reply to: SKEPTEK

When did we start?

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

colleague of mine has been sent home to quarantine. They were at a party on the weekend with a Chinese man who was recently in china. this man fell seriously ill yesterday.

we are waiting on the tests, if he comes back positive our whole office is closing down and we're being put into home quarantine.

ugh!

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

I bet not.

You're in the wrong thread and trolling

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: K_OS
I have seen a lot of posts on here saying that flu has killed 20,000 people, however it's not taken into perspective. Here is an example to show the flaw in the logic. During an average year 8 people are killed by sharks compared to 10,000 people killed by freshwater snails. Does that mean the snails are more dangerous? No, it means we have more contact with the snails. I could have used dogs for an example since they kill between 25k and 35k a year but I think the snails make a better point. You have to compare apples to apples. If as many people contract this as the flu then the numbers would be vastly different.

Another way of looking at it is we have the flu A and the flu B plus the other strains that we have vaccines for. Now add a new one with no vaccine on top of the ones we already have. That 20K is just for the old strains. So add in a doubling of the flu plus the flu we already have. Our hospitals don't have the room.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   
For a frightening account of what's going on in Italy...

Twitter Jason Van Schoor

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: K_OS

I couldn't agree with you more. I truly am baffled by those that can't comprehend that

edit on 9-3-2020 by Beltalowda because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2020 by Beltalowda because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: pasiphae

If the world's economy tanks, coronavirus will be the least of our worries. Hundreds of millions will die because they can't get nutritious food or useful medicine. Managing a planet with seven billion people on it isn't a joke. It might not always seem fair and to be honest, it probably isn't, but there will be nuclear war before we go back to living the way we did 200+ years ago.

Frankly, it would be kinder.

And your solution about what to do with or about this coronavirus is what, exactly? Ignore it and just let it have it's way with us? Everyone just go about their day, working and spending, till they come down with it and hope for the best? Not trying to be crass, just trying to see what alternative you feel would be better than people trying to avoid it any way they can.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: BPilgrim
For a frightening account of what's going on in Italy...

Twitter Jason Van Schoor

Wow. Thank you for that link. On another note I want to know how many states have now declared a state of emergency. My google search says 8... is that right?

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
Supermarkets around the UK are beginning to take cards only as payment, no more cash!

Is this a pre-lude to cashless society? Is this the 'control' the Government wanted??

Supermarkets and other businesses can put limits on how much people can spend or worse still, the banks can stop people from buying by simply crashing the ATM's.

Honestly, I have been making all of my purchases lately using a credit card. Simply because i would prefer to not handle currency that might have gone through an untold number of hands before going into mine. At least with a credit card, I can easily wipe it down with a disinfectant as much as needed.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
Supermarkets around the UK are beginning to take cards only as payment, no more cash!

Is this a pre-lude to cashless society? Is this the 'control' the Government wanted??

Supermarkets and other businesses can put limits on how much people can spend or worse still, the banks can stop people from buying by simply crashing the ATM's.

There are more than 14 millions Americans that do not have bank accounts.

no banks

I think the cashless thing would be a bit of a problem here.

But an insidious "mark of the beast", perhaps? Do you think cattle ever really know what is in store for them when they are herded into the railcars? This coronavirus thing is proving to be a pretty capable cattle prod to a lot of folks. Me included, unfortunately.

top topics

<< 283  284  285    287  288  289 >>

join