It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 263
<< 260  261  262    264  265  266 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Yikes, maybe it will all kick off in 2020...

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   
People regardless what you think of my posting and the figures, yes we can do the math, so what. The fact is: Hokkaido of over 5 million people have been asked to stay out of the public interaction. That is a lot of people, and it is winter here and yes, many people on average have prepared to stay at home. Like buying kerosene for heating. Many of you know are aware of NHK news in English on Japanese TV and NHK news web in English, for those that don't , please follow it.
Japanese govt. people were in denaial (sp) at first, but after about 2 weeks, they came clean, they screwed up and started to tell the truth on what is really going down in this country. You got to understand, many politicians are over 60 in this country and their heads are NOT screwed on to current events. Is that the same in your country too?

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Well I can't explain that but I think the paper is due to be published soon according to reports.

Virologists at the Luigi Sacco University Hospital in Milan have tested the sequences of the virus that has infected at least 6,387 people in Italy and killed 366 and they closely match those from the outbreak in southern Germany in January, said Massimo Galli, head of infectious diseases at the institute. A paper will be published soon, he said. The Webasto outbreak in January, which infected 16 people, had been held up as an example of how to contain the virus through rapid testing and isolation. The company’s offices were shut down for two weeks after the first infection was detected following a visit by an employee from Shanghai who later tested positive.

“That virus probably spread more than recognized,” Galli said of the cluster in Bavaria.

A person infected with the virus then probably traveled from Germany to Lombardy, the region of Italy hit hardest by the virus, in late January, and it spread undetected in the community for at least two or three weeks. The area’s aging population has been particularly vulnerable. “The sequences are so close that it’s very probable that at least a large part of the epidemic happening in Italy was generated by a virus introduction” from Bavaria, Galli said, adding that the same infection chain spread from Italy to other European and South American countries.

The findings also underscore the challenges of containing the virus within the open borders of Europe. Italy had acted swiftly to stop flights from China in late January after two Chinese tourists tested positive.

“The intervention of our government to stop flights from China, an intervention which was particularly cautious, probably was nullified by the penetration of the virus in a way that was completely unexpected,” Galli said.

content from this live thread

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Another update from Chile:

Today 3 new cases where confirmed. (I posted about the 8th here) The first case was confirmed Tuesday, 3rd of March. 5 days later and we have 10. All except the 8th and 9th were traveling.

Source in spanish - Source in english
Now we have a total of 10. The 9th case, 39 years old man, got infected because he was in contact with the two first cases (as I understand it, he didn't travel). Article doesn't say if he got infected before the first 2 got in self quarantine or after.

Source in spanish - Source in english
The 10th case is a 14 years old that was in Italy. He was traveling along with other 3 relatives that were reported positive a few days ago. So all the family is positive now.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Wow.
If this escalates, there could be war.
Maybe another good reason for prepping.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I can't find google confirmation on the first two things. Not surprised at the last link about the price war

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I could say that in my country, no matter what age the politician has, "their heads are not screwed". I told you what is going on in my country with the mass protests since October-November of 2019 we are sick of ALL of them, no matter the color or political party or if they are "independent". Politicians are idiots^4 (3 dimensions (no matter from where you look) and the 4th dimension (no matter what time you look).

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Wow.
If this escalates, there could be war.
Maybe another good reason for prepping.

I can't source it and not sure where I read it, but apparently docks in California are eerily quiet, very little in the way of shipments coming in, if true it doesn't fuel confidence one little bit.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: redpassion

I could say that in my country, no matter what age the politician has, "their heads are not screwed". I told you what is going on in my country with the mass protests since October-November of 2019 we are sick of ALL of them, no matter the color or political party or if they are "independent". Politicians are idiots^4 (3 dimensions (no matter from where you look) and the 4th dimension (no matter what time you look).

not sure if we are on the same page here, but I felt the politicians here are "lost " in their beliefs that every thing is fine. Yes, I'm saying that "politicians " are idiots also.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   
There have been reports of people being sensitive to light in some cases with this virus. Sounded like meningitis.......now the Japanese have confirmed a case....

Meningitis triggered by Coronavirus

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Anynamedangit

Hello Camdenite... check your Messages!
Hope you and yours stay healthy, and my family as well in Camden!

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Morning every one. Not sure if you all read my update today: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I mentioned basically America is about 3 days behind what Japan's actions are. Well, today we'll find out if there is any BS to my posting. PM Abe might come clean and tell us all what is the "possibility" what is to take place. For those of us that are self employed , we already know, its called "the twilight zone of the unknown". We just can't imagine now when employers start to beg for help. Sorry to say for those that are following me, this is already a reality here. People are too afraid now to work in many industries. Keep in my mind my " 3 day Japan is ahead of America". Is it total BS..., maybe not since people are not too educated about not wearing masks at many industries. Remember that one guy that was posting that now says forget he's not posting anymore (forgot his name, but you know know what he said mostly has come true), well stay tune and what your state politician says, think the opposite . Not always, since some will tell you the truth.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   

REMINDER.....
This thread is for Corona Virus UPDATES!!!
...not chit chat, political trolling, bigoted comments, medical advice,
ill-mannered remarks toward members or arguing....

Some NON-UPDATE threads here, feel free to join in:
Events and services impacted by Coronavirus

COVID-19 Coronavirus home prevention tips

Cures DB2]: Flu Immunity and Cytokine Prevention

Are you doing anything differently because of Coronavirus?

Diseases and Pandemics:: Medical Disclaimer
This thread is NOT for discussion of alternative medical treatment of illnesses!!!

Members who continue to disrupt will face temporary posting bans. ATS will not allow the few to ruin it for everyone.

Go after the ball not the player.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility WILL face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
There have been reports of people being sensitive to light in some cases with this virus. Sounded like meningitis.......now the Japanese have confirmed a case....

Meningitis triggered by Coronavirus

Rainbows
Jane

holy cow..

that reminded me, WA had a few meningococcal cases in the last 2-3 months - I wonder if they were checked

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Chest CTs of coronavirus patients reveal nature and extent of damage

A multi-centre study has used computed tomography (CT) scans to gain insights into the nature and extent of the lung damage caused by novel coronavirus (Covid-19) pneumonia.

The results were collected from 101 cases of Covid-19 pneumonia across four institutions in China’s Hunan province.

The scans determined that 86% of Covid-19 patients have ground-glass opacities (GGO), while 64% have mixed GGO and consolidation and 71% have vascular enlargement in the lesion.

Ground glass opacities indicate partial filling of air spaces in the lungs by exudate or transudate, as well as interstitial thickening or partial collapse of the lung alveoli.

The lesions present on the CT images were more likely to have peripheral distribution (87%) and bilateral involvement (82%). They were also more likely to be lower lung predominant (54%) and multifocal (54%).

Just over 70% of the patients were aged between 21 and 50, and 78% had fever as the onset symptom. Only five patients showed disease associated with a family outbreak.

The results of the study are set to be published in the American Journal of Roentgenology.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: redpassion

not sure if we are on the same page here, but I felt the politicians here are "lost " in their beliefs that every thing is fine. Yes, I'm saying that "politicians " are idiots also.

yes we are in the same page. Our politicians are claiming that the system can handle up to 250.000 cases easily, with no problems.... First they claimed that quarantines might be implemented if 1000 cases are reached. Now it's 250.000 cases with no problem! Yea right! (read about it here: in english 250 thousand cases can be handled

They also claim that a hospital can be built in few days just like in China if cases gets out of hand.... When we can't even build a simple bridge, we've been trying to build one since 2011 (hard to believe? read about it here (english, google translate, wikipedia)

Yes, we are at the same page.
edit on 8/3/2020 by redpassion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Ted Cruz to self quarantine after coming into contact at CPAC.

U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) today issued the following statement:

“Last night, I was informed that 10 days ago at CPAC I briefly interacted with an individual who is currently symptomatic and has tested positive for COVID-19. That interaction consisted of a brief conversation and a handshake.

“I have consulted with medical authorities from the Houston Health Department, the Harris County Public Health Department, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Department of Health and Human Services, as well as my personal physician. I have also spoken with Vice President Pence, Leader McConnell, and Mark Meadows.

“I’m not experiencing any symptoms, and I feel fine and healthy.

Link

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

A whole lot more than just him came in contact with that guy and shook hands and talked for a minute or more. Are the rest of them going to do this?

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae
a reply to: Liquesence

A whole lot more than just him came in contact with that guy and shook hands and talked for a minute or more. Are the rest of them going to do this?

Yes, many people were there and in contact, the extent I do not know. I have not heard anything about others who were in contact self quarantining, but at least Cruz is acting responsibly, cautious, and being proactive.
edit on 8-3-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 260  261  262    264  265  266 >>

join