It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 239
<< 236  237  238    240  241  242 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ShortBus
The regular flu seems to have a max lifespan in otherwise healthy people of about 5 days. Coughs can come afterwords but just a dry cough and otherwise feeling fine.

Colds can last longer but nowhere near the symptoms.

Has anyone heard what the average life span of CV is in this under 60 or 50?

The median time from onset to clinical recovery for mild cases is approximately 2 weeks

For severe and critical cases it is 3 to 6 weeks

And for those who eventually died, the time from symptom onset to death ranged from 2 to 8 weeks

How long does COVID-19 last?

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   
From The Guardian Live Feed at 3.11pm local time :
"Police are preparing to lock down entire blocks of a small town in Northern Spain (Haro), due to dozens of cases being tracked back to a funeral there 2 weeks ago.

Police are "reinforcing home isolation controls" in Haro, and limiting access to the town's health center."

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

Agreed. As posted yesterday, We now have a case in my city, Indianapolis. The Governor and health officials trotted out a news conference lauding the fact that the person who returned from Boston had taken precautions when being tested. Called ahead, etc. The entire news conference focused on his two-hours dealing with Community Hospital North and how careful everyone was.

Officials shared words like "we need the public to be patriotic." Whatever that means.

It's now been 24 hours. This patient returned from Boston last week. Are we to believe he didn't leave his home once since returning until confirmation of Coronavirus late this Thursday night into Friday? Officials are severely dropping the ball. How long does it take to 1. Say he was at the same Biogen conference in Boston as the other confirmed cases 2. Share his flight information 3. Alert the public to where he has been in public since returning? Local media and officials have shared none of that information 24 hours later. Who's not being patriotic?

In the news conference and in every single news story I've seen locally, coverage of coronavirus is coupled with coverage of the flu. It's deliberate.

The White House is saying the president's actions have contained coronavirus while scientists are saying the opposite. (Thanks Kellyanne Conway *eyeroll*.)

I understand not wanting to incite panic but covering up details that can alert other people they may have been exposed before they go visit their own grandma in the nursing home this weekend is the least patriotic thing we can do. Just my opinion.

*Back to stewing about how screwed we are.

Thank you for all you are doing to bring truth to light on ATS. You are appreciated. Lead on.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Maybe I didn’t have it. This is weird. About 30 minutes after I posted my symptoms here last night they just vanished. I was so sick yesterday I couldn’t even eat the soup I made for lunch and I was seriously considering going to the hospital. Headache, fever, sweating and freezing, sore throat, trouble breathing, congested. Worse than any flu I’ve ever had. And then I was sitting on my couch with a blanket wrapped around me and it was like someone flipped a switch.

My nose unclogged. My fever vanished. And the entire “sick” feeling that you have when you have the flu was completely gone. All of a sudden I got ravenously hungry, made a turkey burger, ate it and I felt normal. WTH?? What kind of flu lasts less than two days and then you’re completely fine? Usually it’s a gradual improvement over a week or so before I feel normal. Not this time. Within the space of 10 minutes or so I went from deathly ill, freezing and sweating with a fever to completely fine. I’ve never had anything like this happen in my life. I was expecting to be out of commission for at least a week. But other than a little congestion I feel completely normal.

I’m not complaining, but WTH? I took some supplements yesterday and a bunch of Vitamin C but I don’t think any of it could have caused such a drastic change.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Ask him if he plans on abandoning his post

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
We have no confirmed cases in Michigan. We have tested 27 people. 27 www.michigan.gov...

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

LAX chief says CDC did not reveal health screeners who got coronavirus

Officials at Los Angeles International Airport learned for the first time that a health screener at the airport tested positive for coronavirus through a press release Wednesday and not from the Centers for Disease Control...

This is so irresponsible. CDC needs to be working WITH businesses and not leaving them to find out critical info from a news conference provided to the general public. How can LAX help identify passengers who likely came into contact with these screeners? How can the public feel safe when businesses like LAX are left in the dark when they could be proactive, if given pertinent information. This does not promote trust in the CDC and how they are handling things.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Or maybe you did had it. And what you had is what most unreported cases (will) have.

Beware of a backlash though with any type of issue you might have had.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   

So far, there has been very little evidence that it has spread while people are on airplanes.

That doesn't mean flight restrictions like the ones of restricting travel in and out of China were a bad idea, but it seems that the brief contact of being on an airplane with someone is very low risk.

There are not widespread reports of stewardesses and pilots getting ill, for example. There have not been widespread reports of entire or even partial passenger manifests coming down with it just from sharing space with someone on a plane.

You're at more risk to be on a cruise where you are in a closed environment, coming into that person multiple times, touching surfaces they touched multiple times over the course of days with the risk of infected people in your closed environment slowly compounding as time goes on.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Join the club.

Maybe you had it, maybe you did it. Now you're in limbo like our family is. Did we have it? It's possible. We matched the symptoms, had the proper contact in the proper timeframe, but none of us got seriously ill, not to where we needed to doctor.

I even got a sudden nosebleed while mine was at its worst. I thought I was just having a sudden drippy nose, but it was straight up blood and not a little like sometimes happens when it's dry in winter, but a lot.

We all got past it. Husband still has a bit of a dry cough from his, but son and I are all past it.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Geez, I don't know but you need to seriously rethink everything you did to mitigate your symptoms in case you stumbled upon something we ALL would like to know.

I hate to say it, but that crazy conspiracy about the 5G turning this virus on... sounds like they turned yours back off.

So glad you're feeling better. Keep taking your Vit C and do everything you can to not relapse, my friend!

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Hey Danced - My 24 year old daughter lives in Indy, and thinks she probably has it. I agree it is likely. She works adjusting insurance for people who live in a string of group homes in the Indianapolis area (basically day care for adults that cannot care for themselves mostly). Her boss is sick, one of her co-workers is in a hospital in Indianapolis, and she is home sick. I told her to quarantine herself, and I trust that she will do it. Kind of scary. I don't think group homes are the most hygienic places, and it could be spreading in one of more of those. Ugh. Will be a situation to watch closely. Please be careful, and best to you.
edit on 7-3-2020 by Fowlerstoad because:

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It's pretty hard to have evidence of anything when we aren't testing. The Indiana man has been back in this city a week before being tested. Fairly sure he touched a few surfaces and mingled in a few places before the cases out of Boston alerted him to be tested. I doubt he would have gone otherwise for cold symptoms. People need to know about potential exposure before they infect those more at risk like the elderly around them. The U.S. is playing a very dangerous game with a virus that the rest of the world seems to recognize is a threat.

Deny ignorance. Share information.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

I'm so sorry and I'm so glad your daughter has someone wise like you to caution her. Please keep us posted on her condition.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I've been told to do this with liquor but not all liquor is created the same or equal.
Just in case you did not read the DIY's on hand sanitizer, or like myself you have friends
that know everything, here it is directly from the horse's mouth.

Vodka maker warns buyers tipple won't stave off virus

Source

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: asdfa

He says he isn’t going to abandon his post, he will just call in sick.
And get this, he isn’t even sick. A guy that he works with has kids that were possibly exposed at school, so he is going to call in sick for a couple of days.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

And get this, he isn’t even sick. A guy that he works with has kids that were possibly exposed at school, so he is going to call in sick for a couple of days.

Good. I hope he gets fired. Don't need people with that kind of work ethic manning mission critical systems. Better to identify and remove the weak links now, before there's even really a threat.
edit on 7-3-2020 by asdfa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I have a friend who knows someone at a TX plant and they are discussing their plan to self isolate. No plant wants to be the one to have an outbreak that leads to a major power outage.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   
From BBC Feed :

First two cases in Maldives :

www.bbc.com...

That's a seriously tiny archpegalo of islands.
I think they have an airport though.

They have been banning cruise ships from docking, so not sure how they got it.
Boat Planes maybe ? or Private Boats ?

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: asdfa
He is a union member, says he can’t be fired for it.

<< 236  237  238    240  241  242 >>

join