It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 190
<< 187  188  189    191  192  193 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Yes that is what I was saying, 50 million is roughly 80 percent of the population of the UK, the world has around 7.7billion, 80 percent of that is well over 5billion.
3.4 percent of 5 billion isn't even worth doing the maths over, it's potentially a crazy high number of people dead.

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
a reply to: Furryhobnob

80% of the World population isn't 50 mil in the uk. 80% of Uk's population is 50 mil maybe... based on 65.64 mil as of 2016 though, could be more now.

I just added all Europe together with cases at the moment and it stands at 4,887 cases.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: UFO1414
UPDATE: England reports 28 new cases of coronavirus, taking UK total to 115

www.worldometers.info...

Germany almost doubling at 220 new cases for the day (482 Total).
Thats insane.

I though we had it bad in France with 92 extra for the day, bringing it up to 377.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
You do realise we're only at the start of this, the Spanish flu took 18 months to go round the world 3 times and kill off a vast amount of people.

originally posted by: BowBells

I've read something along these lines too.. is this over the course of a year or so do you think? As I just cant imagine those figures playing out.. if we are to believe China, then they are barely anywhere near that.. all the numbers confuse me!

can't be 50 mil infected in the UK alone, not if you look at stats for China, doesn't add up

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

Here in the Netherlands we went from somewhere in the 30's to 82 in one day.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   

damn!

works out as around 170 million dead.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I don't completely trust the WHO, but if looking at only Europe maybe this might help you
WHO European Region

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Didn't even see that. Scary stuff. This just updated on BNO and not worldofmeters yet.

Italy reports 769 new cases of coronavirus and 41 new deaths, raising total to 3,858 cases and 148 dead

That's almost a 25% jump from yesterday.

bnonews.com...

Worldofmeters has it updated (preferred site).

www.worldometers.info...

edit on 5-3-2020 by UFO1414 because: Bad math

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Furryhobnob
You do realise we're only at the start of this, the Spanish flu took 18 months to go round the world 3 times and kill off a vast amount of people.

originally posted by: BowBells

I've read something along these lines too.. is this over the course of a year or so do you think? As I just cant imagine those figures playing out.. if we are to believe China, then they are barely anywhere near that.. all the numbers confuse me!

can't be 50 mil infected in the UK alone, not if you look at stats for China, doesn't add up

yeah but china's numbers are going down already... if the stats are to be believed

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Karyotype

I don't completely trust the WHO, but if looking at only Europe maybe this might help you
WHO European Region

thanks for the site

link   

originally posted by: InterplanetaryHobo
Those outside the U.S. can skip this post, as I only researched for within the U.S.

I am not presenting this to debate, but rather for those who can read between the lines, to contemplate what the ramifications could be, if the ingredients for some of these drugs, which might come directly or indirectly from China, temporarily cease getting ultimately to the pharmacies.

Per webmd.com (www.webmd.com...), in 2017 about 55% of the American population regularly use some form of prescription drug.

Per Bloomberg.com (www.bloomberg.com...) 2019 article, 85% of those over 60 use a prescription drug.

Per APA.org (www.apa.org...) in 2017, about 12.7% of those over the age of 12 had used some form of antidepressant drug in the last 30 days prior to the survey.

A friend of mine went to pick up her BP meds yesterday and the pharmacy was out. She had to drive across town to another one and she typically gets 3 months at a time but they would only let her have 1 due to the supply from China being slow

link   
a reply to: Dumbass

When people are afraid they will beg the government to take away our freedoms.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: UFO1414

looks like its out of control in Italy!

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asgaard

Here in the Netherlands we went from somewhere in the 30's to 82 in one day.

Yeah, whats it going to be tomorrow ? Freaky stuff.

Lots of tourists in Netherlands too, not sure if the flights are still going ?

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: UFO1414

Didn't even see that. Scary stuff. This just updated on BNO and not worldofmeters yet.

Italy reports 769 new cases of coronavirus and 41 new deaths, raising total to 3,858 cases and 148 dead

That's almost a 25% jump from yesterday.

bnonews.com...

Worldofmeters has it updated (preferred site).

www.worldometers.info...

Just updated a few minutes ago, so it must be recent.
Wow. Its really bad in Italy.

Not surprised they closed all the schools, this is new territory.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Dumbass

When people are afraid they will beg the government to take away our freedoms.

I am well aware of that sad fact. That's why you won't see me inciting any fear like some do.

I'm not scared of the virus, not at all. I'm way more scared of the people as that is a side effect that can ruin us all.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
1st death in UK announced.

www.standard.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
First UK death I believe.

Coronavirus: First person dies after testing positive for virus in UK

In a statement Royal Berkshire NHS trust said: "Sadly, we can confirm that an older patient with underlying health conditions has died.

"The patient has previously been in and out of hospital for non-coronavirus reasons, but on this occasion was admitted and last night tested positive for coronavirus.

www.independent.co.uk...
edit on 5-3-2020 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

A friend of mine went to pick up her BP meds yesterday and the pharmacy was out. She had to drive across town to another one and she typically gets 3 months at a time but they would only let her have 1 due to the supply from China being slow

This is going to be a horrible problem..

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
So my neighborhood Facebook group is at it again.
Numerous people sharing memes about the past infections of the 2000s and people cautioning that they will “be the end of the world” in effort to say people preparing for covid are just fear mongering

So I tried to provide a little context of covid vs h1n1, SARS, MERS, Ebola, zika, h5n1, West Nile virus, etc...

It was said by the CDC that the swine flu infected over 50 million people. And 250k dead. Swine flu was stated to have a 0.4% mortality
Swine flue was discovered in Mexico in March 09. In June 09 there was 44k cases worldwide and 180 deaths. H1n1 had an R0 of 1.2
Covid was discovered in December 19. March 2020 we are over 80k cases and 3k deaths with a preliminary mortality of 3.4%

If it followed an annual trajectory of the swine flu people keep comparing it to we will be at 100 million cases by December and 3 million dead
Covid preliminary studies show and r0 of 2-3

In 2002 West Nile virus had 4,000 cases
SARS and MERS combined had less than 20k cases total
The US alone spent over 100 million combating the h5n1 bird flu in 2005
Zika and Ebola are bloodborne pathogens is comparing to aerosolized respiratory infections isn’t a fair comparison
edit on 5-3-2020 by MaverickLRD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
MAcron announces that an Epidemy is "Inexorable" (Inevitable) (In France )

From Live Feed :

www.20minutes.fr...

edit : Also, Paris Marathon on April 5th, is cancelled, may be run in the Autumn/Fall

From BBC Live Feed :
www.bbc.com...
edit on 5-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

top topics

<< 187  188  189    191  192  193 >>

join