It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 189
<< 186  187  188    190  191  192 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I work in Derby but live in Leicestershire, got work tomorrow but trying to gauge the right time when to lock me and my family in if/when the SHTF a reply to: Tracele

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Furryhobnob
I work in Derby but live in Leicestershire, got work tomorrow but trying to gauge the right time when to lock me and my family in if/when the SHTF a reply to: Tracele

Same

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I'm tempted to do it after tomorrow. By the end of next week, I think schools may be starting to close, and want to make sure my kid is out before there is a case there.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Going by the latest stats, am I right in thinking that this virus will infect at least 100,000 people in each segment of the World... for example 100,000 in Northern Europe, 100k in Eastern Europe, 100k in Southern Europe, 100k in the UK, 100k in North USA, 100k in West USA, 100k in East USA, 100k in South USA, 100k in East Asia and so on and so on??

I'm going by the above estimated figures based off China at just over 80k infected and the cases seem to be going down daily, if we are being told the true extent, although there are still 25k active cases

Will probably be more than that in some segments because of poor living standards!

edit on 5-3-2020 by CrazeeWorld777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67

I'm tempted to do it after tomorrow. By the end of next week, I think schools may be starting to close, and want to make sure my kid is out before there is a case there.

Both of mine are too young for school luckily

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   

That is the big problem.
When to save yourself?
I just fear that if we listen to our fearless leaders.... it will be too late.
I have two children that are still in school. they will probably wait until there is a case there before shutting down, and in my opinion, that will be a couple of weeks too late.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I think they estimate 80 percent of the whole world will get it, so that's around 50 million people in the UK alone!
Which will equal 1.7 million dead in the UK at the 3.4 percent figure from the WHO

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
Going by the latest stats, am I right in thinking that this virus will infect at least 100,000 people in each segment of the World... for example 100,000 in Northern Europe, 100k in Eastern Europe, 100k in Southern Europe, 100k in the UK, 100k in North USA, 100k in West USA, 100k in East USA, 100k in South USA, 100k in East Asia and so on and so on??

Will probably be more than that in some segments because of poor living standards!

edit on March000000Thu, 05 Mar 2020 10:47:04 -0600Thu, 05 Mar 2020 10:47:04 -060020102020b32020 by Furryhobnob because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5
a reply to: Tracele

sorry to hear that. hope you aren't affected too badly by it all. i think it's safe to assume it's everywhere in blighty by now.

I’d imagine so... I’m concerned about it though having asthma myself. Lots of people seem worried now

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   

REMINDER.....
This thread is for Corona Virus UPDATES!!!
...not chit chat, political trolling, bigoted comments, medical advice, ill-mannered remarks toward members or arguing....

Some NON-UPDATE threads here, feel free to join in:
Events and services impacted by Coronavirus

COVID-19 Coronavirus home prevention tips

Cures DB2]: Flu Immunity and Cytokine Prevention

Are you doing anything differently because of Coronavirus?

Diseases and Pandemics:: Medical Disclaimer
This thread is NOT for discussion of alternative medical treatment of illnesses!!!

Members who continue to disrupt will face temporary posting bans. ATS will not allow the few to ruin it for everyone.

Go after the ball not the player.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility WILL face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Those outside the U.S. can skip this post, as I only researched for within the U.S.

I am not presenting this to debate, but rather for those who can read between the lines, to contemplate what the ramifications could be, if the ingredients for some of these drugs, which might come directly or indirectly from China, temporarily cease getting ultimately to the pharmacies.

Per webmd.com (www.webmd.com...), in 2017 about 55% of the American population regularly use some form of prescription drug.

Per Bloomberg.com (www.bloomberg.com...) 2019 article, 85% of those over 60 use a prescription drug.

Per APA.org (www.apa.org...) in 2017, about 12.7% of those over the age of 12 had used some form of antidepressant drug in the last 30 days prior to the survey.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   

We talked about limiting going out last night, the next few days will show where this is going I’d imagine. My biggest concern is my child in school potentially bringing it home. I can do what I can to avoid this but if that happens I’ll be very worried. I think there should at least be an allowance to remove children from school who have health issues and if close relatives have health issues too.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Furryhobnob

80% of the World population isn't 50 mil in the uk. 80% of Uk's population is 50 mil maybe... based on 65.64 mil as of 2016 though, could be more now.

I just added all Europe together with cases at the moment and it stands at 4,887 cases.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

That is the big problem.
When to save yourself?
I just fear that if we listen to our fearless leaders.... it will be too late.
I have two children that are still in school. they will probably wait until there is a case there before shutting down, and in my opinion, that will be a couple of weeks too late.

That’s my concern too, they keep saying it’s mild for children but it might not be for the relatives looking after them

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I kind of just wish it would or wouldn't happen already.

I hope it doesn't but the suspense is killing my anxiety.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I've read something along these lines too.. is this over the course of a year or so do you think? As I just cant imagine those figures playing out.. if we are to believe China, then they are barely anywhere near that.. all the numbers confuse me!

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Numbers in NYC keep going up. I see it's up to 13. The two possible cases here in Oneida county luckily turned up negative.

www.wktv.com...

NEW YORK (AP) - New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio says two more cases of the new coronavirus have been confirmed in New York City, raising New York state's total to 13. De Blasio said Thursday on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" that the individuals are a woman in her 80s and a man in his 40s. The two new positive test results for COVID-19 came a day after health officials in the state announced a cluster of cases connected with a lawyer hospitalized with the disease. The lawyer lives north of the city in New Rochelle.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: BowBells

I've read something along these lines too.. is this over the course of a year or so do you think? As I just cant imagine those figures playing out.. if we are to believe China, then they are barely anywhere near that.. all the numbers confuse me!

can't be 50 mil infected in the UK alone, not if you look at stats for China, doesn't add up

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
UPDATE: England reports 28 new cases of coronavirus, taking UK total to 115

www.worldometers.info...

new topics

top topics

<< 186  187  188    190  191  192 >>

join