It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 128
<< 125  126  127    129  130  131 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: pasiphae
Anyone listining to the WHO update right now? Tedros said TWICE that it doesn't spread when there are no symptoms. He also said the flu is more contagious (pretty sure - I'll need to rewatch when it's available). I'm stunned that he said it doesn't spread when you have no symptoms. That's totally different than we've been reading.

Reading... where? There have been lots of posts on here about the possibility of asymptomatic transmission, and lots of people taking those and claiming it is proof that it is happening.

But I have yet to see any proof that it can happen.

Ok you are right that the POSSIBILITY has been discussed. I've read so much at this point it's hard to keep up. There is this though:

"A young woman from Wuhan, China visited five family members, who all contracted novel coronavirus, COVID-19, in the first-ever documented case of an asymptomatic carrier with normal chest CT imaging results, researchers found."

www.medpagetoday.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad
a reply to: Power_Semi

I had an open question for this thread, as a medical doctor, and I am happy with the response that I got.

And your opinion is backed up by what kind of 'medical' degree, exactly? Not trying to start a pissing match here, just saying.

It doesn't matter if these responses get deleted now regardless, because I have the information that I need. That is a good function of this thread, IMHO, and I am thankful for it. I can't exactly ask my colleagues this kind of thing, because they know even less than I do about COVID19 at this time, unfortunately.

If you're a medical doctor and you're asking for advice here about taking vitamin C or other quack remedies to avoid getting the virus I can only surmise 3 things, these being not necessarily in any order of importance:

1) Your patients need to look for a new doctor.
2) Your degree came from theuniverity of Nigeria or some other online degree mill.
3) If you get out your chicken bones and cast them they'll give you all the answers you need, thereby negating the need to ask dumb assed questions here of dumb assed mother #ers.

(post by Power_Semi removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It has been steadfastly maintained since the very beginning that people with no symptoms are contagious. That was not opinion, it was a statement of fact. Just like masks helped prevent infection. Now that people are buying up supplies of masks and governments are finding it difficult to maintain the ready supply they need, all of a sudden we are being told that masks don't work and we should stop buying them. I can only assume the reason anyone would lie about being contagious is to help prevent panic.

In regards to other questions asked, the name changed from nCoV-19 to covid-19 because it was originally designated as a novel virus meaning it was new and had not yet been sequenced. Now it is identified as unique and recognizable as covid-19.

I believe there have been cases of re-infection among health care workers. This does not mean that no one develops antibodies to this virus. That takes time. I firmly believe that people with antibodies will be found for this virus, as is typically the case.

The numbers of infected people as well as the number of deaths in the US have just jumped. I find it particularly interesting that so-called sanctuary states and cities have the highest concentrations of cases. In fact, the only outliers on that path are Texas and Nebraska with minimal infections. Coincidence?

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   

(post by Power_Semi removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

There is this though:

"A young woman from Wuhan, China visited five family members, who all contracted novel coronavirus, COVID-19, in the first-ever documented case of an asymptomatic carrier with normal chest CT imaging results, researchers found."

Yep, but its from China - so totally untrustworthy, anecdotal at best, but definitely not 'proof'.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   

ATTENTION.....
This thread is for Corona Virus UPDATES!!!
...not chit chat, political trolling, bigoted comments, medical advice, ill-mannered remarks toward members or arguing....

Some NON-UPDATE threads here, feel free to join in:
Events and services impacted by Coronavirus

COVID-19 Coronavirus home prevention tips

Cures DB2]: Flu Immunity and Cytokine Prevention

Are you doing anything differently because of Coronavirus?

Diseases and Pandemics:: Medical Disclaimer
This thread is NOT for discussion of alternative medical treatment of illnesses!!!

Members who continue to disrupt will face temporary posting bans. ATS will not allow the few to ruin it for everyone.

Go after the ball not the player.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility WILL face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

edit on Tue Mar 3 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I'd also like to mention that some medical professionals have theorized that Covid-19 "reinfections" may not be reinfections, but instead the disease may be biphasic and is actually going "dormant" in the victim for a period of time before returning more visibly (like chicken pox and herpes, staying in the victim and not being fully eradicated)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Not sure where in Ontario the 2 new cases are. Will update when it's disclosed.

globalnews.ca...

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

I put some info here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   
2nd positive case being reported in Arizona

Here’s the AZ department of health covid19 dashboard

www.azdhs.gov...-coronavirus-home

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

PLEASE READ

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on Tue Mar 3 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

There is this though:

Yep, but its from China - so totally untrustworthy, anecdotal at best, but definitely not 'proof'.

Okay well Vroomfondel confirmed what I have been reading. Also a reporter called him out on that and he deferred to the woman next to him (forget her name) and she basically didn't answer. She talked about the 1% of people tested who didn't have symptoms and said that they were not actually asymptomatic but PREsymptomatic because they later developed symptoms. She never actually answered the question but if someone can test positive and not have symptoms does that not mean there's already viral shedding going on? Anyway, my point is she didn't answer the question from the very concerned reporter who also had obviously thought it could spread with no symptoms. I think Vroomfondel may be right. Possibly they are saying that so people will stop hoarding masks that health care workers desperately need. There was talk about how PPE's were in low supply and it was a huge issue.

(post by tennisdawg removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to Vroomfondel

about the masks :

exactly my thoughts!

and also, at least over here, they are telling the public that the test they do for the virus is 'no walk in the park', gov controlled media bringing out articles about how the test is a 'very unpleasant 20 seconds' . I asked yesterday if there was a vid available of how they do the testing but no one replied.
Anyway, since these articles are coming out, suddenly no one is begging for a test anymore... so many will go undetected if this keeps up. Not sure if it is only like this in my part of the world or anywhere.
edit on 3-3-2020 by KindraLaBelle because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-3-2020 by KindraLaBelle because: messed up the replyto

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Dr. Anthony Fauci says coronavirus "has now reached outbreak proportions, and likely pandemic proportions."

NY Post

top topics

<< 125  126  127    129  130  131 >>

join