It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: primalfractal
a reply to: ZeroFurrbone

Could be a problem for a lot of people. The government's of all countries should cancel bills for those in quarantine, paying them is unrealistic in that situation.

I don't have many bills being off grid and owning land. But if I was in town and renting I wouldn't pay them and worry about it afterwards. Survival is more important than money.

Italy's government said it is considering tax and bills exemptions for people in the towns on lockdown, including Michele's Casalpusterlengo.
www.aljazeera.com...

I would love to do that but if I don't pay rent they will start eviction procedures immediately. What sense does it make to stock up on food and supplies if you get kicked out and have to live in your car? My two crazy cats wouldn't like that, lol.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: solarone

originally posted by: Tukota
Has anyone heard how the British couple from the Diamond Princess are doing? The Abel's. The last I had heard they had tested positive and were in quarantine in Japan.

There was a news report the other day stating that David Abel had developed severe Pneumonia. I think Mrs Abel was fairing better.

Its just broken on the news here that a British man from the cruise ship has died in Japan.

Sky News
It may be David if only 4 brits with the virus were held back, and he developed severe Pneumonia 2 days ago and is wife's ok. So a 1 in 3 chance its David. Sad if so, whoever it is.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

Could be a problem for a lot of people. The government's of all countries should cancel bills for those in quarantine, paying them is unrealistic in that situation.

I don't have many bills being off grid and owning land. But if I was in town and renting I wouldn't pay them and worry about it afterwards. Survival is more important than money.

Italy's government said it is considering tax and bills exemptions for people in the towns on lockdown, including Michele's Casalpusterlengo.
www.aljazeera.com...

I would love to do that but if I don't pay rent they will start eviction procedures immediately. What sense does it make to stock up on food and supplies if you get kicked out and have to live in your car? My two crazy cats wouldn't like that, lol.

I'm in your boat. Do you have food banks around you? I am planning on hitting them all up. They usually only have shelf stable stuff.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Coronavirus: Identity of Patient Zero and Severe Censorship [Part 3]

The Edge of Wonder team have been looking into the origins of patient 0 with Huang Yenling making the suspect list.

Huang Yenling is in her mid to late 20's, had obtained a masters degree and was working in virology. Most of her social media accounts and digital history has been expunged. According to current sources, her last known where abouts was in the transportation of 4 vials. The transmission to the next patient occurred at the crematorium as her body was being prepared for cremation.

A lot of the investigative work into patient 0 is currently in Chinese. So far this is one angle getting some exposure. Still a lot of questions and intrigue going on. The video starts with the patient 0 story then moves to a few other stories about the virus.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Viruses always mutate a little bit as they go. There is also the occasional chance for a major mutation that would affect how it acts as a disease.

I get the sense from this they are tracking minor mutations more than a major one allowing them to trace its route through patients back toward the original strain from Wuhan to try to reconstruct how it got to Italy.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ragiusnotiel

www.aljazeera.com...

I'm in your boat. Do you have food banks around you? I am planning on hitting them all up. They usually only have shelf stable stuff.
Not easy I know. Get rice, pasta, potatoes, cereal, cheap bread, crackers, tin meet, tin fruit, tin veg etc goes a long way. Ration. Good luck.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Has anyone heard how the British couple from the Diamond Princess are doing? The Abel's. The last I had heard they had tested positive and were in quarantine in Japan.

There was a news report the other day stating that David Abel had developed severe Pneumonia. I think Mrs Abel was fairing better.

Its just broken on the news here that a British man from the cruise ship has died in Japan.

Sky News

Oh no! I sure he gets through this okay. My heart goes out to everyone that got stuck on that ship, but through his YouTube videos, I feel like the world got to know this particular couple.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   

www.aljazeera.com...

At some point..... FEMA, DHS, and Homeland Security have the combined authority to issue a moratorium on all mortgage, rent payments, and utility bills in quarantine areas. This is not widely known or advertised. And yes, this applies even in the state of Texas. There would be nothing anyone could do to you. How many police officers in Texas are going to be out serving eviction notices during a quarantine/outbreak? I would venture to guess it is close to zero.

This does not help your current financial situation, but if you have a credit card, this is exactly what credit is for..... to buy things you NEED now, but cannot fully afford in one payment. Get what you need now. Please.
edit on 2/28/2020 by tennisdawg because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Can anyone help me find numbers on how many self quarantined the US now has?

Also suspected cases.

For some odd reason our tax return still hasn't arrived despite the fact that we filed almost 4 weeks ago.

Weird, since last year the government was in a shut down and we got it earlier than this year...

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: tennisdawg

www.aljazeera.com...

At some point..... FEMA, DHS, and Homeland Security have the combined authority to issue a moratorium on all mortgage, rent payments, and utility bills in quarantine areas. This is not widely known or advertised. And yes, this applies even in the state of Texas. There would be nothing anyone could do to you. How many police officers in Texas are going to be out serving eviction notices during a quarantine/outbreak? I would venture to guess its close to zero.

This does not help your current financial situation, but if you have a credit card, this is exactly what credit is for..... to buy things you NEED now, but cannot fully afford in one payment. Get what you need now. Please.

Missed ya tdawg!

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   
In case you have not heard.....

All press release by the CDC will now have to be APPROVED by Vice President Pence's COVID-19 Taskforce. Excellent work Mr. Trump/s

www.cnbc.com...

(post by Phelantalon removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Sky News
It may be David if only 4 brits with the virus were held back, and he developed severe Pneumonia 2 days ago and is wife's ok. So a 1 in 3 chance its David. Sad if so, whoever it is.

Indeed, my was exactly my first thought.
edit on 28 2 20 by solarone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Can anyone help me find numbers on how many self quarantined the US now has?

Also suspected cases.

For some odd reason our tax return still hasn't arrived despite the fact that we filed almost 4 weeks ago.

Weird, since last year the government was in a shut down and we got it earlier than this year...

I don't know about the entire US but the state of KY has at least 100 self-quarantining right now. Was talking to someone at the state lab yesterday. General consensus there is that the virus is already widespread in the US but not showing in the numbers because the CDC flat out refused to test anyone who either hadn't been to China or had direct contact with someone who had. And the CDC is reportedly the only place the tests could be done. Starting next week though, expect the numbers to escalate dramatically as different states start doing their own testing...

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Encia22

Viruses always mutate a little bit as they go. There is also the occasional chance for a major mutation that would affect how it acts as a disease.

I get the sense from this they are tracking minor mutations more than a major one allowing them to trace its route through patients back toward the original strain from Wuhan to try to reconstruct how it got to Italy.

You're right, it doesn't mention major mutations. I'm wondering if minor mutations can alter the testing results (false positives/negatives)? I would think the test kit is looking at a broader spectrum, however, I admit I know very little about virology.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   
My last estimation was 12,000. We had 2 reports here (1. 5500 2. 7500) but since than so many state have come out stating numbers and I don't know if they were already included or not.

Like I saw CA has whay close to 9,000?

The number has got to be a lot higher than 12,000 by now.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: tennisdawg

Thanks, TDawg. I have been slowly prepping for the last few weeks so I think I'm okay for now. Haven't seen any panic-buying at stores yet, either.

My financial situation stinks but I can get through it.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   
There is an excellent YouTube Four Corners "How the deadly epidemic sparked a global emergency...in lockdown"
I don't know how to link this so I could use some help there.
I want everyone to pay close attention to the bookcase behind the political activist in China.
All the books have the titles in Chinese which one would expect. However to the right one book is titled "Terrorism" and to the left "Killing".

Do you think he is sending us a clear message.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Sky News

Indeed, my was exactly my first thought.

I've been following David's vlog on YouTube for a while. His last video was today (28th) and he's looking and sounding much better. The person who died can't be him... unless he had a relapse or sudden complication.

Edit: Just read the British victim did not reside in the UK, so definitely not David.

edit on 28-2-2020 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   

www.aljazeera.com...

Just paid my rent so I'm good for now. Was just making a point that, unlike a house payment, apt rentals don't let you miss a couple of months before starting eviction procedures.

I'm broke, yes, but taking advice here and stocking my pantry with cheap canned foods and food for my cats. Don't need to hit the food pantries yet.

We are all in this together. Wishing you lots of luck, too.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join