It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 127
<< 124  125  126    128  129  130 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Anyone listining to the WHO update right now? Tedros said TWICE that it doesn't spread when there are no symptoms. He also said the flu is more contagious (pretty sure - I'll need to rewatch when it's available). I'm stunned that he said it doesn't spread when you have no symptoms. That's totally different than we've been reading. He also said it can be contained even though days ago he said the window was closing and many docs say it's already too late. I'm so baffled

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Updated Confirmed Cases Corona Map as of 3/3/20 11:10am est.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
PLEASE reflect on....think about the below statement.

This is why they are telling you that mask don't work.... please be critical thinkers...OF COURSE MASKS are effective!!!

twitter.com...
edit on 3-3-2020 by celltypespecific because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
But...

This thread about coronavirus updates... not... I repeat... not stocks and/or stock markets!

I think most of us in this thread are more concerned with the virus TBH

Thank you.

Linking the events are also residuals. Which is understood.

Threads can be started for medical, pharm, food, livestock, rice prices..

This is news...BBC

Iran frees 54000 prisoners? They can not keep up and are seeding.

mg

link   
a reply to: tennisdawg

Thanks so much TD, you are a hero of mine. That is exactly what I needed!!

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad
a reply to: tanstaafl
To address your good question, the fact that this is a 'novel' virus means at the start of it's cycle, nobody had any immunity to it. As a result, every contact of an infected person had a chance to also be infected. As time goes by / (is going by?), some people previously infected will (hopefully) be immune to reinfection. That is what usually happens with other viruses. That is referred to as 'herd immunity'.

Thanks for your response, makes sense. I don't believe in the herd immunity theory with regard to vaccines, but for those who go through the process naturally and the immune system deals with it as it was designed to do, yes, I think it is real - not 100% of course, but it is what keeps current colds/flu down to manageable low risk threats.

The problem with this specific novel coronavirus though, and something I am really having a hard time dealing with, is that some patients (14%? ) may be becoming 're-infected'. So, no herd immunity from them? That really could complicate things as time moves forward. Are these 14% having a 'relapse' of their own disease (like with herpes), or are they having a true re-infection from another person? That is the BIG question that I am personally hoping we can answer at some point.

Yes, but - people can also 'catch' colds and flu repeatedly, so, is it really that big of a concern? Maybe this initial catching it multiple times is also due to the 'novel' status?

-shrug- time will tell...

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Furryhobnob
But on the other side how many have died that they put down to something else as it wasn't known they had coronavirus, and now dead won't be tested, so it could also be more fatal than we think too? a reply to: tanstaafl

That is a possibility, and I agree that anyone/everyone who dies from flu, pneumonia, etc should be tested for this to see.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae
Anyone listining to the WHO update right now? Tedros said TWICE that it doesn't spread when there are no symptoms. He also said the flu is more contagious (pretty sure - I'll need to rewatch when it's available). I'm stunned that he said it doesn't spread when you have no symptoms. That's totally different than we've been reading.

Reading... where? There have been lots of posts on here about the possibility of asymptomatic transmission, and lots of people taking those and claiming it is proof that it is happening.

But I have yet to see any proof that it can happen.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: tennisdawg

Thank you td, hope you and yours are well! Appreciate the info. Glad to see you!

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

Iran and Italy are getting hit hard at present time. I wonder when the UK will stop flights from everywhere and stop trucks from transporting through Europe?? I think this needs to be prioritised! We can grow our own food, plus I'm sure all the warehouses are fully stocked, I mean before this virus spread,we were wasting tons of food on a weekly basis!

Or is it too late coz it's already here and likely to stay?

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

I had an open question for this thread, as a medical doctor, and I am happy with the response that I got.

And your opinion is backed up by what kind of 'medical' degree, exactly? Not trying to start a pissing match here, just saying.

It doesn't matter if these responses get deleted now regardless, because I have the information that I need. That is a good function of this thread, IMHO, and I am thankful for it. I can't exactly ask my colleagues this kind of thing, because they know even less than I do about COVID19 at this time, unfortunately.

edit on 3-3-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   

(post by Power_Semi removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Coronavirus: Wirral school closes after child's parent tests positive

A high school on Merseyside has closed after a child's parent tested positive for coronavirus.
Head teacher Mark Bellamy said he had taken the decision to close Hilbre High School in West Kirby, Wirral, as a precaution.
Public Health England is yet to comment but it is understood the case will be listed in its forthcoming updates.
Some pupils had recently been skiing in northern Italy but Mr Bellamy said the case was not linked to the trip.
Writing in a statement on the school's website, Mr Bellamy said: "Hilbre High School has today been informed that a parent of students at the school has tested positive for the coronavirus.
"Prior to confirmation that the parent had contracted the virus, a child of the parent attended school yesterday.
"As a precaution, we are closing to allow our school community to move forward and ensure that the school is clean for all of our staff and students.

www.bbc.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 124  125  126    128  129  130 >>

join