It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 366
<< 363  364  365    367  368  369 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
In all honesty, I don't worry about this Virus too much.

I don't so much fear the virus as I fear the impact said virus will have on a litany of things, not least of which is its potential to bring out what I would consider the worst traits in humanity. It has already done some of that with the exercise in virtue signalling and modern day "embracing of lepers" some governments made a big show out of, violating the principles of quarantine to bring sick individuals back into their previously clean countries, and it continues with tomfoolery such as yesterday the Pope making a pompous spectacle of kissing and hugging people, some likely carrying disease, when he could have just as easily carried out his duties specified by his position while maintaining a distance... but no, he's gotta grandstand and show the world what a humble moron he is... and it's not like these decisions of dumbness only impact the decision makers, oh no. If the Pope was to be stuffed into a big plastic bubble or the Las Plagas coming off the pleasure cruise of pestilence in Japan had been immediately isolated from any other human contact in biolockdown chambers we'd be talking about one this, but no-no, they simply serve as vectors to transmit this pox to otherwise healthy people, the Pope by proceeding down the line, happy hands and happy lips for all celebrants and Las Plagas by being taken to stateside military bases where they were in direct daily contact with healthy military and medical personnel with health, happy families those workers go home to at night... likely carrying happy little Cabronaviruses with them.

The virus itself? Meh... humanity itself? Whoa, now there's something to worry you every minute of every day.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Screw it im tired of trying to counter act ATS now jacked up quoting ability again........mods feel free to delete

You can get around the jacked up quoting. Just add the tags and copy/paste text yourself.

It works, but yeah, it's a pain..

Seems to be working fine on this end., Did you try the " quote function in the upper right corner of the post you'd like to quote?

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Nigeria has its first Coronavirus case..

That..is not.. good..

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Agreed burd. The most important sentence in that iteration was the last... Humanity..

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Screw it im tired of trying to counter act ATS now jacked up quoting ability again........mods feel free to delete

You can get around the jacked up quoting. Just add the tags and copy/paste text yourself.

It works, but yeah, it's a pain..

Seems to be working fine on this end., Did you try the " quote function in the upper right corner of the post you'd like to quote?

Sometimes it works fine, other times, it's all jacked up (usually when there are multiple, nested quotes).

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

originally posted by: ShortBus
Just so all know, I broke down and went and got at least 14 days of food and other supplies, and will be picking up a little bit more odds and ends. I figured if I do something like this, nothing will happen, and if I don't, something will. So, I figured this was just insurance against something happening and now nothing will happen.

Yeah.. dont jinx us!

Have you noticed Mountain house seafood chowder is GONE.. I think its discontinued. Im hoarding my stock of it like gold. I only have 6 of the #10 cans of it. Bastages better bring it back cause I will go all shooty and stabby to hoard my seafood chowder all for myself.

My kids and I bought the stuff. My wife said just the rice and beans alone would feed us all for a month, if you had it once a day and had something else for a 2nd meal, so I think we are doing good. She lived in Brazil for 10 years and had rice and beans pretty much every day. So, I'll take her wood for it on how far it will go.

When I was at Sam's Club, someone had one of the big flat carts and they had a lot of stuck piled up on it, including rice, beans, and I assume they were also preparing.

I talked to my wife tonight about it all, our first real discussion on preparing, and she was all game for it, as long as it's stuff that we can eat or cycle through and replace if there is an immediate need for it or a run on stores for that stuff.

I had a frank discussion with the kids about Corona Virus, and it was the first time they stopped joking about it and ignoring me. I told them about different ways it could impact us, even if we don't get sick ourselves, and it really started to sink in.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   

That..is not.. good..

Thats not good at all.........the two places im watching are Africa and Venezuela

Africa because of the tendency to spread in poor areas with hygene and water issues, and its a whole continent......

And Venezuela, because of their issues in their country, same with medical treatment issues , poor health etc, and the fact that ALOT of people cross the border in the US trying to get out of Venezuela, and in that ......come into contact with people along the way......

Now more than ever before we need to be watching our southern border.........if we start to get outbreaks in border towns here in the US, youll know the race is on......

Im actualy kind of surprised were just now hearing of it in Africa.......
edit on 2/27/2020 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   
self monitored, thanks mods, rock on.........

PS has anyone heard anymore about the Cambodian ship that ported there, that the PM got virus from?

I have heard NOTHING , nothing about the conclusions of the testing, the passengers, anyone else that caught it besides the PM after meeting the ship, nothing.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ShortBus

Yeah, we talked with ours about it last night too. Went about as well as expected. He overheard us trying to get words in edgewise past the mo-in-law who does her best to dominate every discussion, and then we sort of had to get into it.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Im dead serious Burd... if I were asked to do something as stupid as shaking hands with infected folks and do this other idiotic public relations nonsense stuff.. Id tell whomever to eff off. I really would, politely at first maybe. WHat kind of world do we live in where either people are THAT stupid or THAT scared of someone "virtue signaling" and calling them out? Is it just me and my I really dont give a damn what others think attitude, or are human beings that concerned with everyone liking them or giving them a cookie? Even with this job I have.. if Im asked to do something dangerous to others or myself by action or inaction.. Id tell them to eff off. I also havent heard from God that he wants me to get all up on lepers either.

Maybe its because Im older, differently raised culturally speaking, but I dont get it. Maybe I have assburgers.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51

there are people in the USA who dont own firearms???

So, I have a shotgun that is really old, like 100 years old or more. It's in great condition, but I have never fired it. It was my great grandpa's gun. It works well, you can cock it and fire and "reload". Would it be dangerous to fire this thing without getting it checked out first?

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   

That..is not.. good..

Thats not good at all.........the two places im watching are Africa and Venezuela

Africa because of the tendency to spread in poor areas with hygene and water issues, and its a whole continent......

And Venezuela, because of their issues in their country, same with medical treatment issues , poor health etc, and the fact that ALOT of people cross the border in the US trying to get out of Venezuela, and in that ......come into contact with people along the way......

Now more than ever before we need to be watching our southern border.........if we start to get outbreaks in border towns here in the US, youll know the race is on......

Im actualy kind of surprised were just now hearing of it in Africa.......

Also Note that South Korea is listed among the "most prepared" countries.. and Coronavirus is ripping through the population..

Also.. whatever you do.. don't go to Greenland..

edit on 2/27/2020 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Disney just closed Japan’s park.

Rumors on Twitter that US parks will be closed soon.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51

there are people in the USA who dont own firearms???

So, I have a shotgun that is really old, like 100 years old or more. It's in great condition, but I have never fired it. It was my great grandpa's gun. It works well, you can cock it and fire and "reload". Would it be dangerous to fire this thing without getting it checked out first?

I would clean it first, make sure the barrel is all cleaned out and oiled, take it apart if need be, shotguns are easy to do that with .

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

Just so all know, I broke down and went and got at least 14 days of food and other supplies, and will be picking up a little bit more odds and ends. I figured if I do something like this, nothing will happen, and if I don't, something will. So, I figured this was just insurance against something happening and now nothing will happen.

Yeah.. dont jinx us!

Have you noticed Mountain house seafood chowder is GONE.. I think its discontinued. Im hoarding my stock of it like gold. I only have 6 of the #10 cans of it. Bastages better bring it back cause I will go all shooty and stabby to hoard my seafood chowder all for myself.

My kids and I bought the stuff. My wife said just the rice and beans alone would feed us all for a month, if you had it once a day and had something else for a 2nd meal, so I think we are doing good. She lived in Brazil for 10 years and had rice and beans pretty much every day. So, I'll take her wood for it on how far it will go.

When I was at Sam's Club, someone had one of the big flat carts and they had a lot of stuck piled up on it, including rice, beans, and I assume they were also preparing.

I talked to my wife tonight about it all, our first real discussion on preparing, and she was all game for it, as long as it's stuff that we can eat or cycle through and replace if there is an immediate need for it or a run on stores for that stuff.

I had a frank discussion with the kids about Corona Virus, and it was the first time they stopped joking about it and ignoring me. I told them about different ways it could impact us, even if we don't get sick ourselves, and it really started to sink in.

Our Sams has a limit on the amount of bags of rice you can buy at once.

Yeah, my oldest is in her mid 20's and the youngest surprised freakishly smart one ( surprise baby hatched from my expired egg ) is 14 now. She had already been researching it somewhat herself.. but we really didnt have to have a talk as such. We had lived with a person in quarantine basically and always aware of pathogens, germs, virus, bacteria, etc.. her whole life. She had been going through the in and out of 2 door positive pressure quarantine rooms and different protocols since she was old enough to go into the rooms when our middle daughter was alive. SHe just wanted the facts, listened to Dr Campbell on youtube.. and carries on.

Im just glad my grandkids who live with us now are not school age. Gross little bacteria factories they call schools.. blech..

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

clean it

Really hate to thread drift, but a much better answer is: "if you need to ask that question, you should take it to a gun store with a gunsmith and have them check it for you."

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

South Korea also got hit by an outlier cluster too. How many places are you going to run into a freaky religious cult that seems to have spread it among their own members intentionally viewing it as some kind of test of Job; oh and then that cult has hundreds of members to thousands?

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask
Make sure the barrel is cleared of obstruction and clean it as mentioned. If you're in a situation where you would need to fire it I'm sure it would be far more dangerous NOT to fire it.

top topics

<< 363  364  365    367  368  369 >>

join