It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 368
<< 365  366  367    369  370  371 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
Disney just closed Japan’s park.

Rumors on Twitter that US parks will be closed soon.

I still say Spring Break is a potential crapshow for the US. If historians point to a single event that distributed this widely across the country, it will end up being Spring Break.

A lot of people say that after winter is over, this will die out...........for some reason, I dont think so......my gut tells me it could spike

That's not surprising after potus came out and down played this virus scare.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShortBus

originally posted by: agenda51
a reply to: burdman30ott6

there are people in the USA who dont own firearms???

So, I have a shotgun that is really old, like 100 years old or more. It's in great condition, but I have never fired it. It was my great grandpa's gun. It works well, you can cock it and fire and "reload". Would it be dangerous to fire this thing without getting it checked out first?

Take it to a gunsmith, please. Ask the gunsmith to tell you about the shotgun, ALL about the shotgun. If it's that old, it could well have a Damascus barrel which can be extremely dangerous using modern shotshell loads. Please, please find someone who knows about antique firearms and have a sit with them.

Real damascus hasnt been made in centuries, I doubt its that, but it could be blued......that being said, yes it is a good idea to take it to a gunsmith to SHOW him how to clean it, rather than take itt to someone just to clean it.

Its far better to know your weapon........however its amazing what good gun oil , a barrel scrubber, and a push cloth can do.

edit on 2/27/2020 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The warmer weather/humidity thing has been a rumor for a while, a lot longer than the Trump address. That's been tossed around since the early thread.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
Disney just closed Japan’s park.

Rumors on Twitter that US parks will be closed soon.

I still say Spring Break is a potential crapshow for the US. If historians point to a single event that distributed this widely across the country, it will end up being Spring Break.

A lot of people say that after winter is over, this will die out...........for some reason, I dont think so......my gut tells me it could spike

That's not surprising after potus came out and down played this virus scare.

1. hes getting info as it is given to him, the guy has a ton of things hes trying to deal with.

2. I do not doubt for one second that those idiots informing him are trying to save their own asses, and their paychecks they keep getting , that for most of the time they dont have to do much for but be a mouth piece.

3. We already know the CDC was lax on their response, and so was the HHS, and both are trying to point the finger, hell If they would have read these threads a month ago, they would have had more red flags to work off of.....

Cant really blame him for that, and I dont want this thread to try and go political, I think theres a thread for that.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The warmer weather/humidity thing has been a rumor for a while, a lot longer than the Trump address. That's been tossed around since the early thread.

Agreed, all we need to do is look at spread and lethality in places that are not currently going through winter......im not a virologist, but that would seem to be pretty clear

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

I hope someone with some sense looks for ways to do good for our country and our people while not letting a good crisis go to waste.

This oughtto scare you.. in good ATS manner.
Our LAST penicillin plant closed here in the US in 2004. Since then.. until this moment.. it is manufactured in : CHINA. They have us by the bahoogies as far as their monopoly on our medical supplies AND drugs.

Not good, however it doesn't scare me as live in Australia and as far as I know we get very little in the way of drugs from China...

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
globalnews.ca...

Ill Passenger removed from plane in Winnipeg

Headline again only saying ill passenger but article says

A passenger has been removed from a plane at Winnipeg’s Richardson International Airport with a possible case of COVID-19.

Global News has learned the passenger, a middle-aged woman who had recently been in China, fell ill on WestJet flight 448 from Vancouver to Winnipeg Thursday afternoon.

The bit that gets me is lack of information. Why not hand out masks, alcohol wipes and get passengers of plane instead of leaving them on the plane for hour and a half and then letting them go.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   

University of Michigan sent out an email Students have to register international travel. It also tells them about hand washing, etc. That they should be flexible with all travel plans and to consider travel insurance.

i wonder just how many will follow through? Especially after being wasted. And we all know international travel isn't going to matter. Someone will catch this from someone else on US soil.

Message shared with the U-M campus community:

Dear Students, Faculty, and Staff,

With next week’s break approaching, here are some resources to help prepare for a safe experience wherever your travels may take you. Additionally, we would like to share an update regarding coronavirus disease (COVID-19), or SARS-CoV-2, and the potential impact this outbreak might have on your travel plans.

Consistent with travel warnings from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the University of Michigan has expanded its travel restrictions beyond China to include South Korea. All U-M related travel to these countries, including for faculty and staff, is discouraged. Personal travel to these countries also is discouraged.

Please register your international travel – personal or U-M related – using the U-M Travel Registry

edit on 27-2-2020 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I hope it's more than rumour, I live in a hot humid climate and so far there's little spread here, again as far as I know.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I hope someone with some sense looks for ways to do good for our country and our people while not letting a good crisis go to waste.

Our LAST penicillin plant closed here in the US in 2004. Since then.. until this moment.. it is manufactured in : CHINA. They have us by the bahoogies as far as their monopoly on our medical supplies AND drugs.

Not good, however it doesn't scare me as live in Australia and as far as I know we get very little in the way of drugs from China...

Oh man.. LUCKY you.
NO idea whos bright idea it was.. but many of our drugs and components and different compounding ingredients are only made in china. Our generic and patented. Better make sure that even if its technically manufactured in country, that the ingredients arent solely from China.

link   

yeah lol, might check that again boss........i think its a lot higher than you think......I think its pretty much a world thing

link   

originally posted by: ShortBus

originally posted by: agenda51

there are people in the USA who dont own firearms???

So, I have a shotgun that is really old, like 100 years old or more. It's in great condition, but I have never fired it. It was my great grandpa's gun. It works well, you can cock it and fire and "reload". Would it be dangerous to fire this thing without getting it checked out first?

Take it to a gunsmith, please. Ask the gunsmith to tell you about the shotgun, ALL about the shotgun. If it's that old, it could well have a Damascus barrel which can be extremely dangerous using modern shotshell loads. Please, please find someone who knows about antique firearms and have a sit with them.

ok.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I hope it's more than rumour, I live in a hot humid climate and so far there's little spread here, again as far as I know.

If im not mistaken didnt Oz pretty much stop all travel in and out pretty quick?

I remember when I spent about 6 months in Oz there were TONS of people from China there on visas, that was a while back tho.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I don't blame him, I've mentioned already he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't, it's an unfortunate event that will scar his presidency unfairly.

Still playing it down was a bad idea, we now have the loony partisans blaming democrats for the virus and other stupidity.

And again I'll say I'm far more worried about the loonies and a short stop in supplies than the virus itself.
edit on 27-2-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   

yeah lol, might check that again boss........i think its a lot higher than you think......I think its pretty much a world thing

Same with actual medical supplies and equipment.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   

If im not mistaken didnt Oz pretty much stop all travel in and out pretty quick?

I remember when I spent about 6 months in Oz there were TONS of people from China there on visas, that was a while back tho.

They did very quickly, then allowed thousands of students in from China, they were given an exemption and I haven't heard jack about it since.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ShortBus

Yeah youre going to want to sit with them, they are goign to want to check the springs and everythign on the inside and make sure everythings working smooth, they can show you how to break apart what you can to keep it clean

Not a big deal bud

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   

How then to search for such information, I'm struggling to find any real info with a cursory look at least.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   

They did very quickly, then allowed thousands of students in from China, they were given an exemption and I haven't heard jack about it since.

Sounds alot like the US did when we had the huge influx of people from infected areas as well..........

I checked the other day on the map, and it said we still had 50 people infected, when we had more than that confirmed....

Funny how they all the sudden go quiet when they get a run of people in that they KNOW are infected......

Another reason i dont trust the numbers here being reported

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

How then to search for such information, I'm struggling to find any real info with a cursory look at least.

Not sure honestly..........herein the US if I type "Percentage of US meds made in China" i get a bunch of pages and i can kind of narrow it down......er.......lol , I would GUESS it works the same there?

I guess if no ones looked at it, i dunno...good question

new topics

top topics

<< 365  366  367    369  370  371 >>

join