It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 355
<< 352  353  354    356  357  358 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Japan confirms first case of a person being reinfected of COVID that had recovered.

Officials in Osaka confirmed that a woman who works as a tour bus guide had tested positive for COVID-19 for the second time, further heightening concerns about the spread of the infection in the country.

She was first diagnosed with COVID-19 in late January and was discharged from hospital on 1 February, and her reinfection has health experts worrying that the illness could remain dormant after an apparent recovery.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
HIPPA gags

Itll come out soon because it will have to be classified as travel or community or unknown etc.

I don't see how HIPPA comes into play, as long as no personally identifying information is mentioned?

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: argentus
Japan confirms first case of a person being reinfected of COVID that had recovered.

Officials in Osaka confirmed that a woman who works as a tour bus guide had tested positive for COVID-19 for the second time, further heightening concerns about the spread of the infection in the country.

She was first diagnosed with COVID-19 in late January and was discharged from hospital on 1 February, and her reinfection has health experts worrying that the illness could remain dormant after an apparent recovery.

Yeah, I wish we had more information about it all. Supposedly the antibodies arent sticking around long enough for the immune system to keep recognizing the virus.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

HIPPA gags

Itll come out soon because it will have to be classified as travel or community or unknown etc.

I don't see how HIPPA comes into play, as long as no personally identifying information is mentioned?

You cant tell their travel history or family group information... etc. The Belleville case just hit the news.

fox2now.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rich Z
originally posted by: KindraLaBelle
"and vit. D3!
Think that is even more important then C since you can't get it out of food"

Expose your bare skin to sunlight. That will help.

Not much. You have to get direct sun light at high noon for a few hours to get anything meaningful.

Supplementation is needed for most.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Published: 10:23 AM CST February 27, 2020
Updated: 1:00 PM CST February 27, 2020

BELLEVILLE, Ill. — Memorial Hospital in Belleville has referred one patient to the Illinois Department of Health over concerns of coronavirus, according to hospital spokesperson Kim Renth.

"Following guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, BJC HealthCare hospitals have processes in place to screen patients for risk of coronavirus, or COVID-19," Renth said in a statement.

The patient was referred for further lab testing and results are expected in the next few days, Renth said.

This is a developing story and 5 On Your Side will provide more information as it becomes available.

Metro East hospital refers patient for coronavirus testing

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

They can’t say anything, my wife works for doctors, they can’t talk about patients.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been mentioned,but Pope Francis has IMHO been a very naughty boy-
On wednesday,against the advice of his advisors,he was out and about kissing heads and shaking hands with the faithful,in solidarity with people suffering from the corona virus...and now hes sick.

news.sky.com...

Now,I hope he hasn't got the virus,but honestly-what a completely irresponsible imbecile!
This guy,who is looked upto by the catholic masses all over the world,many of whom are from the 3rd world and have no education-thought that was a good idea?
They see him prancing around collecting pope points without his mask on,and probably think its fine to do the same-"oh the pope doesn't need a mask or gloves,so no problem!"they may think.
That puts many more people at risk of catching the virus,in parts of the world with the worst health care systems.
The guy should have listened to his advisors on this matter.
Just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Sure glad it isnt SARS?? And here I thought some knew what they were talking about!

The new COVID-19 is caused by the virus SARS-CoV-2. The most likely ecological reservoirs for SARS-CoV-2 are bats,
but it is believed that the virus jumped the species barrier to humans from another intermediate animal host. This
intermediate animal host could be a domestic food animal, a wild animal, or a domesticated wild animal which has
not yet been identified.

WHO SARS COV

Naming the coronavirus disease (COVID-2019) and the virus that causes it
Official names have been announced for the virus responsible for COVID-19 (previously known as “2019 novel coronavirus”) and the disease it causes. The official names are:

Disease

coronavirus disease
(COVID-19)

Virus

severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2
(SARS-CoV-2)

WHO renamed it

HerppDerp...

This is directly from the WHO link you posted.

From a risk communications perspective, using the name SARS can have unintended consequences in terms of creating unnecessary fear for some populations, especially in Asia which was worst affected by the SARS outbreak in 2003. 

You deserve an ATS award my friend.

This is why they shut it all down.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Because the virus that caused SARS is a different strain of corona virus than this one which causes CIVID19.

virological.org...

SARS-CoV-1 causes the disease we call SARS, and SARS-CoV-2 causes COVID19. And yes, SARS is also an acronym for severe acute respiratory distress syndrome, a feature of both illnesses.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
According to CDC (so take that as you may), not the same virus as SARS (although I can't find epidemiology of SARS COV-2 compared with SARS from that 2003 outbreak so who knows)

This is also why, previous to being given this formalized name it was a "Novel" coronavirus, because it had never been seen before.

As the name indicates, the virus is related to the SARS-associated coronavirus (SARS-CoV) that caused an outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) in 2002-2003, however it is not the same virus.

www.cdc.gov...

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: tanstaafl
They can’t say anything, my wife works for doctors, they can’t talk about patients.

So, how do we get any stats at all?

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01

Sure glad it isnt SARS?? And here I thought some knew what they were talking about!

The new COVID-19 is caused by the virus SARS-CoV-2. The most likely ecological reservoirs for SARS-CoV-2 are bats,
but it is believed that the virus jumped the species barrier to humans from another intermediate animal host. This
intermediate animal host could be a domestic food animal, a wild animal, or a domesticated wild animal which has
not yet been identified.

WHO SARS COV

Naming the coronavirus disease (COVID-2019) and the virus that causes it
Official names have been announced for the virus responsible for COVID-19 (previously known as “2019 novel coronavirus”) and the disease it causes. The official names are:

Disease

coronavirus disease
(COVID-19)

Virus

severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2
(SARS-CoV-2)

WHO renamed it

HerppDerp...

This is directly from the WHO link you posted.

From a risk communications perspective, using the name SARS can have unintended consequences in terms of creating unnecessary fear for some populations, especially in Asia which was worst affected by the SARS outbreak in 2003. 

You deserve an ATS award my friend.

This is why they shut it all down.

And its right from the horses mouth..

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yep this virus causes pneumonia, we been talking about that since part 1. Makes sense, advantage, is just reinforcing it, they had a suspect patient come in. She was sharing the story couple pages back.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
According to CDC (so take that as you may), not the same virus as SARS (although I can't find epidemiology of SARS COV-2 compared with SARS from that 2003 outbreak so who knows)

This is also why, previous to being given this formalized name it was a "Novel" coronavirus, because it had never been seen before.

As the name indicates, the virus is related to the SARS-associated coronavirus (SARS-CoV) that caused an outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) in 2002-2003, however it is not the same virus.

www.cdc.gov...

Because its a more virulent strain of the virus. It causes the exact same severe acute respi syndrome.. but is passed more easily. SARS is NOT its name. SARS is the thing the virus causes. The virus is the same group. Like Ebola and Marburg.. they are both Hem fevers but one is less virulent.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: ketsuko

Yep this virus causes pneumonia, we been talking about that since part 1. Makes sense, advantage, is just reinforcing it, they had a suspect patient come in. She was sharing the story couple pages back.

Doesnt matter.. I already posted rthe proof of it. One can take from that what one wants..

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
Not sure if this has been mentioned,but Pope Francis has IMHO been a very naughty boy-
On wednesday,against the advice of his advisors,he was out and about kissing heads and shaking hands with the faithful,in solidarity with people suffering from the corona virus...and now hes sick.

news.sky.com...

The POPE dies from this. Then the previous POPE becomes POPE again, to fill the void.

It's the final countdown.

*maybe*

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Generation9
Here is the definitive update.... "coronavirus" is fake news.

One type of coronavirus is responsible for the COMMON COLD. It's all word games, bozo.

The story of January 2020 coronavirus is only a platform to deliver an encoded message to those with eyes to see and ears to hear. Notice the stock market movement lately? Is there any connection?

Of course.

The film keeps rolling. The propaganda broadcasters keep broadcasting the propaganda.

Stocks go up. Stocks go down. Right on time. You don't know. Shills galore in the Media. All your heroes are just shilling.

I know what you see, but what you are talking about is merely a reflection of a much bigger tapestry. You aren't wrong as such, ...you have eyes to see, but a narrow view that is perhaps hiding much more from your notice. The cosmic conversation transcends far more than the stock market. That merely reflects the bigger movements.
It is just a way to harness it. Everything is the same, but different.
Everyone frames the movements to their window, and the information pours out from all things. But this kind of talk always gets me into trouble, so I'll leave it there.

edit on 27-2-2020 by saladfingers123456 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShortBus

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

news.sky.com...

The POPE dies from this. Then the previous POPE becomes POPE again, to fill the void.

It's the final countdown.

*maybe*

Its OK to slobber all over the peasants and get it going nuts in a poor population. They dont want to infect the ones with money that goes to the death cult.. erm.. church.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It's here now....

www.irishmirror.ie...

top topics

<< 352  353  354    356  357  358 >>

join