It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 357
<< 354  355  356    358  359  360 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Looks like major technical support at DOW 26,000 today. Seems to have triggered significant computerized buying on Wall Street. I wouldn't be surprised if the market reaches positive territory before the end of today. Of course I also wouldn't be surprised if it closes just above 26,000. I don't think it breaks that floor today, however.

Holy ffff....
WOW. The market tried. I think we're actually now seeing fear driven by news rather than any sugar coating this market as corrections based on the lost month of February. This likely won't be a slowly recovering market. With sell offs this ridiculous, when it does flip the switch, a plus 2,000 point day wouldn't be a shock... but when in the hell do you time the bottom? I'd expect tomorrow to be a ho-hum day.

link   

originally posted by: FamCore
Live: House Holds hearing on Coronavirus US & International Response:

Sounds similar to the WH briefing last night. Lots of politicians bragging about how amazing all of our government agencies are and how great their response has been. One politician after the next grandstanding about how awesome government is regarding their response to the outbreak

lol yeah, great job guys everyone on ATS knows you're full of sh** and are obviously going by a "don't ask don't tell" approach now that it's likely all over the US.

The Greatest Show on Earth -the US Congress.

link   

originally posted by: Bicent
Oh boy, Dow has dropped about 3000 points in the past five days. Not only do we have a severe flu this year, we also have a novel virus to deal with, and a economy showing signs of being on the ropes. Need some good news..

Good news?? If it goes full on zombie apocalypse they will stop mortgage payments and I hope car notes.. I paid too much for mine.. and I can put in a pool with the money I save on paying my bills.. and all the bankers are dead. Voila. Good news!!

link   

Oh boy, Dow has dropped about 3000 points in the past five days. Not only do we have a severe flu this year, we also have a novel virus to deal with, and a economy showing signs of being on the ropes. Need some good news..

I'm surprised the Fed Reserve wasn't just injecting billions into the indices with their trading desk to keep them afloat (maybe they were and it wasn't enough)

Tomorrow will be interesting to see what the major money does before the closing bell, going into the weekend
edit on 27-2-2020 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

link   

Who was it that was here daily telling everyone that this is all a farce because the -real- indicator if there is a problem is the market? Because if that is the case, well.. we have got a problem.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: confiden

they want woke points and clout, look how awesome i am. not to sound like an ahole but they deserve to get it and get sick. tired of all these celebrity opinion on crap that doesnt affect them. just shut up and act, thats all i want you to do

link   
a reply to: Advantage

what else do you want him to do? Declare marshal law and start rounding people up. Go watch some China videos and see the alternative to Trump.

Its going to spread. Its not going to be contained. The goal is to slow it down and not start a panic causing civil unrest and shortages. In that case more damage will be caused by over reaction than anything the virus can do. From where I sit Trump is doing everything right. He has put the number two person in his administration to oversee it instead of some hack deep state opperative that could stab us all in the back. Pence has proven to to trustworthy and he sure as hell is not for population control.

I think it was two years ago the Trump administration was telling everyone to prep for this kind of sit it out at home scenario. What has everyone been doing? We stocked up and made minor adjustments....Our pantry is full and we are set for a good 12-18 months. Water filtration supplies to last a good five years. And we are poor. What has everyone been doing?

Does anyone remember a few weeks back when we were told China is basically at war with us?

Is everyone just completely stupid these days?

link   

Lol I like your attitude. 🧟‍♂️

We’ll see.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
California monitoring 8400 people

Stocks freefall
Dow down 1100 pts

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

I dunno, I had a bad feeling about this from the beginning.. it’s getting real now thou.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Don’t be so hopeful, the IRS will send you a 1099c when you least expect it.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

a economy showing signs of being on the ropes.

I disagree. Yes, we are seeing fear driven by uncertainty, but it isn't a technical market factor. The demand is still soaring, the problem is investors are seeing the potential for supply disruptions of uncertain duration. If China's numbers are really stabilizing and they start firing up manufacturing again in 2 weeks, this will roar back to it's highs and then some very fast. If China remains shuttered, it's going to be a long term bloodbath, however.

Unlike 2008, this market is fundamentally a bull market that has come under the unfortunate impact of a major external event. In 2008, it was elements within the market, itself, that brought it down... it was technically a bad market that people continued to buy into from 2006 to 2008. The growth of real wages, low inflation, and low unemployment over the past few years prior to this virus all pointed towards continuation of the bull market.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51

what else do you want him to do? Declare marshal law and start rounding people up. Go watch some China videos and see the alternative to Trump.

Its going to spread. Its not going to be contained. The goal is to slow it down and not start a panic causing civil unrest and shortages. In that case more damage will be caused by over reaction than anything the virus can do. From where I sit Trump is doing everything right. He has put the number two person in his administration to oversee it instead of some hack deep state opperative that could stab us all in the back. Pence has proven to to trustworthy and he sure as hell is not for population control.

I think it was two years ago the Trump administration was telling everyone to prep for this kind of sit it out at home scenario. What has everyone been doing? We stocked up and made minor adjustments....Our pantry is full and we are set for a good 12-18 months. Water filtration supplies to last a good five years. And we are poor. What has everyone been doing?

Does anyone remember a few weeks back when we were told China is basically at war with us?

Is everyone just completely stupid these days?

Holy hell!! All I said was : I was blown away by his casual response to it. He said it was "under control". NO its not. Deep breaths my friend.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
20 new cases in France today, up from 18 to 38

www.lemonde.fr...

google translated version

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

I actually feel better after yesterday. My biggest fear is civil unreast and rioting. Looks like Trump is on it. As long as law and order is kept I dont see this as a big deal. Things will slow down a bit and Chinese garbage products wont be as abundant but I dont see that as a negative. The market will turn around.

Positive is that Trump can use this to restrict the hell out of our borders. Never let a crisis go to waste!

Maybe we can use this to round up a bunch of illegal aliens!

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Fear is effecting consumers. Supply chain may effect business medium to long term, but ya never seen the economy react this way due to the lack of supply due to a illness. Global market is causing the issue, I am not talking about the market per se, talking about the economy. Next thing is things are gonna get expensive, until we get production back underway.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
Don’t be so hopeful, the IRS will send you a 1099c when you least expect it.

They can go huff some corona-air.

Taxes are stealing.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

He basically said we are ready for all scenarios and that pretty much as "under control" as you can get.

Stop freaking out. Everything is going to work out. Take your meds. Have a creampuff LOL.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: agenda51

I am ok I feel alright, just want some good news. Hoping trump, does good too. Was not impressed with his press conference yesterday.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

Nobody is making fun of preppers anymore LOL.

Biggest preppers in the world are governments..... especially corrupt ones.

new topics

top topics

<< 354  355  356    358  359  360 >>

join