It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 352
<< 349  350  351    353  354  355 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
Did this virus get engineered (looks that way) using a bit of HIV, Sars etc to depopulate the planet of the weak, ill and over 60's be it in wave one, two or 3.

Yes! It is a plot by the world's Social(ist) (In)Security Administrations to kill most of the useless eaters consuming SS checks...

Seriously... it could be some kind of evil plot to de-populate, but ... if it was, would we ever really know?

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Ok this is a bit distrubing....This coming from a MAINSTREAM NEWS SITE not crazy conspiracy website....

Cornavirus has a similar mutation to EBOLA and HIV

The new coronavirus has an HIV-like mutation that means its ability to bind with human cells could be up to 1,000 times as strong as the Sars virus, according to new research by scientists in China and Europe

www.scmp.com...
edit on 27-2-2020 by celltypespecific because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-2-2020 by celltypespecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
He is a politician,

Ummm.... no, that is the point. He isn't a politician - at least not a professional one. Yes, he's learned a lot in the last 3+ years. But he is still a businessman at heart.

he has to choose his words carefully, which we all know he is so well at doing. Lol

No argument there, and likely why he was reading from paper, which he rarely/never does.

I turned off the conference after Pence did his talking. They said exactly what any administration would have said.

It's all good here. We have it under control.

Yeah, it would have been much better if they had said we were probably going to lose 30-80% of our population, good luck folks, hope to see you on the other side!
edit on 27-2-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: celltypespecific

Yeah, and ...? Are you suggesting it was put there? I'd say that if it appeared on its own in two other viruses, then it's an efficient configuration which makes it more likely to be selected for and that makes it equally likely that nature could have cooked it up too.

After all, there was a mutation at some point that enabled it to easily infect humans; SARS didn't have that, not enough to do this, and we should all be thankful because it was the worse disease.
edit on 27-2-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JSpader
a reply to: sirlancelot
Perhaps it’s time to show the videos of the body bags.

The ones that we have no idea what/when/where or even if they are legit? Those body bags?

Sure, let's scare all of the kids to death, great idea!

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
This is a really interesting video.... less than 15 mins long (haven't seen it posted here but I have had to skip some pages). A doctor describes 3 COVID-19 patients symptoms and progression. One patient had "parts of his heart muscle floating around in his blood", which can happen after a heart attack, but this person hadn't had a heart attack. I found that fairly disturbing. Definitely worth watching and he linked to a play list of other medical youtubers with related info.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: InterplanetaryHobo
This Corona Virus is an expensive “nothing burger!”

No one is saying that.

What I mean by that, is there is nothing out of the ordinary about this flu. IT IS NOT UNCOMMON for the President of the United States of America, to hastily put together a press conference, to discuss and put together a team from the various agencies of the U.S. headed by the Vice President of the United States of America, for a flu that has sickened, over the last 30 days, 15 people, without any of the sick having died. Ignore BNONEWS saying 60, they are not an OFFICIAL U.S. Agency.

The 60 adds a bunch of people repatriated from the DP and other places.

The 15 number still stands on its own. Of course, these are only confirmed cases that tested positive (and could be negative due to the unreliability of the test kits).

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Here’s a quick update from Italy. I'm not going to be too detailed as I'm posting from memory and my smartphone. My source is La Repubblica newspaper.

- Italy has done around 11k PCR tests so far, with the number of infected around 520.

- Deaths are at 14. Most victims are elderly (60+) with other health complications.

- The towns locked down (Red Zones) are adopting ways to help with day-to-day life.

Schooling for children will be done remotely. They don't say how, it could be streaming or recorded video, digital chat rooms, etc.

A supermarket chain will deliver groceries directly to people's homes.

Mortgage repayments will be suspended until this is over.

Utility bills and other tax deadlines are to be suspended, too.

Funerals will be streamed live to avoid mourners congregating at the service.

I think those were the most interesting developments.
edit on 27-2-2020 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I hope it turns out negative,

And what if it turns out false-positive?

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Good. These are the sorts of things that other countries are needing to watch and learn from. They might find it useful information soon enough because they'll have to work out their own models.

Life will have to continue in and around a period of staying at home in some places.

The worst that can happen would be a total breakdown.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Looks like people are now beginning to panic... in Buxton anyway.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Buxton goes on lockdown after holidaymaker brings coronavirus home: GP surgery shuts, primary school closes and residents are left too scared to go to the shops after 'parent who stayed at Tenerife quarantine hotel' is confirmed as case

The unidentified patient is believed to have a child at Burbage Primary School in Buxton, whose headteacher today announced it had shut for a 'deep clean' because one of the 'parent population' was infected.
It's thought they stayed at the four-star H10 Costa Adeje Palace Hotel in Tenerife, where hundreds of holidaymakers – including 160 Britons – are currently being quarantined because of an outbreak of the deadly coronavirus.
It comes as another man from Derbyshire stuck in the same resort warned none of the Brits trapped in the seafront hotel 'feel safe'. Others earlier begged Prime Minister Boris Johnson to rescue them in a 'Wuhan-style' evacuation. 
Sources say around 50 Britons at the virus-stricken hotel will be able to leave tomorrow, but it is thought they will need to make their own way home as there are currently no Government plans to fly them back. Those who can leave are understood to have arrived on Monday, after the guests who were diagnosed had already left. 
The parent in Buxton was one of two confirmed cases announced today. Department of Health officials have refused to reveal where in Britain either patient is from – even though a GP surgery and two schools have been told one is in the town.
One elderly resident in the spa town, 30miles (48km) south of Manchester, today told MailOnline: 'I am about to go to the paper shop but whether I should, I don't know.' A 25-year-old mother revealed she was scared for her children and admitted it was a 'very worrying time'.
Other locals are panic buying antibacterial hand gel, with shops like Boots, Superdrug and Waitrose completely sold out. 'If you see it, buy it, because soon you will not be able to get hold of it,' said a shop assistant who had been inundated with requests.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

I hope it turns out negative,

And what if it turns out false-positive?

So what if it does.

That doesnt change the fact that it is front news on all of the local news websites.

It has been shown time and time again, all across the world that when people get scared they make a run on the stores. Hell, around here if there is a snow storm the shelves will be empty.

All I am tr ying to do is stay ahead of the curve a little bit, because unlike you I do not have the confidence in our "supreme not a politician, political leader", those are my quotes I hope you use them and pick them apart.

I wasn't going to reply to you anymore agent 452009 but I just cant help it this time. (Just kidding about the agent part, or am I)

Have a good day in the land of sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Looks like major technical support at DOW 26,000 today. Seems to have triggered significant computerized buying on Wall Street. I wouldn't be surprised if the market reaches positive territory before the end of today. Of course I also wouldn't be surprised if it closes just above 26,000. I don't think it breaks that floor today, however.

I still believe we are seeing the impact of a February with zero movement in China rather than reaction to any new news. This market doesn't want to recede. It's a very unusual market, as if the dogs want to run but they're getting pulled backwards by the lack of production, travel's cratering, and such. Demand is still there, but we're seeing a lack of product to meet the demand. If nothing else, the world needs to take Coronavirus as a wake up call... stop allowing China to dominate our production of goods and stop allowing it immediately. Every first world country should start reworking their internal regulations to make domestic manufacturing attractive and profitable again.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Encia22

Good. These are the sorts of things that other countries are needing to watch and learn from. They might find it useful information soon enough because they'll have to work out their own models.

Life will have to continue in and around a period of staying at home in some places.

The worst that can happen would be a total breakdown.

Yes, I agree. There are still a lot of problems unresolved, but at least some good is coming out of it. Hopefully, it will soon be rose petals hitting the fan instead of sh#t.

edit on 27-2-2020 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

What the hell is a "holidaymaker?"

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah, and ...? Are you suggesting it was put there?

Nope...thats the beauty of science and data....

I am a scientist by training.... I have a very hard time accepting the fact that this was engineered... but.....

Lets continue to evaluate the data....

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The Trump administration just added some stock market experts to the coronavirus task force.

Link

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

What the hell is a "holidaymaker?"

Someone who goes on holiday I thought

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: celltypespecific

Good ... so many people would read that and just assume it means it was definitely put there.

I'm not sold on anything with it. But I am profoundly grateful this ain't SARS we're talking about with it.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

I have a billion times more confidence in this administration than I would have in Barry's or anyone else before him.

I hope blind fanaticism in this administration doesn't spell disaster for some of Trump's constituents. I wouldn't have that much more confidence in -any- government, let alone ours, no matter who was President at the time. Blind hate or loyalty can cause all sorts of problems of its own. Obama, hate him or not, did actually build up the response team for things like a pandemic, in response to the Ebola worries. Trump's administration let it fall apart, not replacing key positions after they were fired or quit.

I don't trust Pence to run point on this at all - what experience in this field does he have? None at all. He already fumbled at an attempt to stop an HIV outbreak. I think the person in charge should have plenty of experience, so the decisions they are making are measured and make sense. If the administration had actually refilled those critical positions, they would not have needed to do this. I am baffled why anyone would have high confidence in this staff to head off this virus. Trump himself was even surprised how many deaths to influenza there were - he has no concept imo of public health. The press conference was solely an effort to stop dropping markets, that's it. Not reassure the public, not to produce a solid plan of attack.

Having more confidence doesn't mean having a lot of confidence.

I don't have confidence in the government to do much of anything right, regardless of who is president.

new topics

top topics

<< 349  350  351    353  354  355 >>

join