It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 353
<< 350  351  352    354  355  356 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

What the hell is a "holidaymaker?"

LOL, yep, it does sound strange. It's just a British way of saying someone is on holiday, vacation. Also called holiday-goers.

A bit like the Griswolds National Lampoon's vacation.

edit on 27-2-2020 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I don't believe it!

I'm laying odds that each one of these individuals will come down with this when they are back in their home countries. They may not have had direct contact with the infected individuals, but they were in a closed confined space just like the DP and we are seeing people from that coming down with it after they released as safe.

Some people at the Canary island hotel under lockdown will soon be allowed to go home
From CNN's Laura Perez-Maestro in Madrid

At least 130 people at the locked-down Tenerife hotel in the Canary Islands will soon be allowed to leave, Canary Islands' regional health minister Teresa Cruz said today.

“The 130 people, of 11 different nationalities, that arrived at the hotel on the 24th, who have not had any contact with the infected guests, will be able to leave the hotel, and will stay under self-monitoring” Cruz said.

Dozens of tourists had been asked to stay in their rooms after a male Italian guest and his travel companion tested positive for coronavirus.

According to the Spanish official, a meeting was held today with the different consulates affected and they found "good predisposition to be able to transfer the different citizens to their countries of origin."

Current efforts are aimed at making the exit of the guests more flexible, while awaiting for a definitive ratification by the judicial authorities, a statement from the Canary Island Health Department added.

Source
edit on 2/27/2020 by Bishop2199 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Leaked Documents Reveal Coronavirus Infections Up to 52 Times Higher Than Reported Figures in China’s Shandong Province

Link

Note: Haven't read it myself. Don't care for subscribing.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Dogs may be carriers/infected, first positive test from a dog in Hong Kong

hk.news.appledaily.com...

Google translated version:
Transated version of above, from google
edit on 27-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: added detail

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
As anyone mentioned that the Pope is now sick? They're not saying what is wrong with him though ....just that he's sick.
edit on 2/27/2020 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

saw a post on twitter saying it was a mild cold, but im skeptical of any official numbers/ reports from anyone especially government sources. they lie to us all the time (all administrations) so why believe them on this

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
As anyone mentioned that the Pope is now sick? They're not saying what is wrong with him though ....just that he's sick.

Yes, St. Udio mentioned it earlier.

The Pope has the added complication that he only has one lung.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Doing a drive-by posting here. Busy Busy Bee

Covid Fighting Products

Kill times

Military Medical

Psych Impact Quarantine

CIDRAP

Letter with Info

Osha Info

FOrgot who asked.. no, nasal irrigation will not interfere with testing.
The kit situation is FUBAR.. there were flaws in the first ones and the second ones.. well there arent any. Currently, only 12 labs outside of the CDC—located in California, Illinois, Nebraska, Nevada, and Tennessee—have the capability to test for the virus.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
BBC uk] Northern Ireland Confirms First Coronavirus Case
Authorities confirm the country's first case of coronavirus, taking the UK's total number to 16.

link   

originally posted by: proximo

originally posted by: fleabit

I have a billion times more confidence in this administration than I would have in Barry's or anyone else before him.

I hope blind fanaticism in this administration doesn't spell disaster for some of Trump's constituents. I wouldn't have that much more confidence in -any- government, let alone ours, no matter who was President at the time. Blind hate or loyalty can cause all sorts of problems of its own. Obama, hate him or not, did actually build up the response team for things like a pandemic, in response to the Ebola worries. Trump's administration let it fall apart, not replacing key positions after they were fired or quit.

I don't trust Pence to run point on this at all - what experience in this field does he have? None at all. He already fumbled at an attempt to stop an HIV outbreak. I think the person in charge should have plenty of experience, so the decisions they are making are measured and make sense. If the administration had actually refilled those critical positions, they would not have needed to do this. I am baffled why anyone would have high confidence in this staff to head off this virus. Trump himself was even surprised how many deaths to influenza there were - he has no concept imo of public health. The press conference was solely an effort to stop dropping markets, that's it. Not reassure the public, not to produce a solid plan of attack.

Having more confidence doesn't mean having a lot of confidence.

I don't have confidence in the government to do much of anything right, regardless of who is president.
a

Im a Trump Supporter and personally dont like the guys demeanor, tweats, etc but I do like most of the policies he has implemented or is trying to implement.

That being said I'm not happy with the US response from the CDC and I realize they want to minimize panic but at some point you have to face facts.

Considering everything Trump says or does or doesnt do will be used by the left for political gain I think its time for a unified approach and set politics aside.

Lastly I think we will see massive response to do whatever it takes to address this bug.

link   
a reply to: Advantage

I'm curious what triggered them to test this "community spreader", since previously CDC said they wouldn't test people unless they came from China or were in direct contact with someone who was confirmed to have it. Hmmm...

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I'm just watching the press conference from yesterday as I could only listen in yesterday. When Trump is asked about quarantining cities he replies that they do have plans on that scale but he doesn't think we will need them. He shrugs his shoulders immediately after saying that. Body language experts, isn't the shoulder shrug typically a signal that the person just lied? As I understand it, if someone shrugs their shoulders after making a statement it essentially negates everything the person just said. Its about 32 mins into the press conference if anyone wants to see what I mean. He also does this when he talks about the stock market being in great shape right now.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Sure glad it isnt SARS?? And here I thought some knew what they were talking about!

The new COVID-19 is caused by the virus SARS-CoV-2. The most likely ecological reservoirs for SARS-CoV-2 are bats,
but it is believed that the virus jumped the species barrier to humans from another intermediate animal host. This
intermediate animal host could be a domestic food animal, a wild animal, or a domesticated wild animal which has
not yet been identified.

WHO SARS COV

Naming the coronavirus disease (COVID-2019) and the virus that causes it
Official names have been announced for the virus responsible for COVID-19 (previously known as “2019 novel coronavirus”) and the disease it causes. The official names are:

Disease

coronavirus disease
(COVID-19)

Virus

severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2
(SARS-CoV-2)

WHO renamed it

HerppDerp...

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

That's what I was wondering last night. I read this on bno Twitter

It says it was picked up by "astute clinicians"

I wonder if they recognized it on CT scans and ordered a test?

My next question is whether they were reprimanded for going ahead with a test for a Non-China contact?

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: Advantage

I'm curious what triggered them to test this "community spreader", since previously CDC said they wouldn't test people unless they came from China or were in direct contact with someone who was confirmed to have it. Hmmm...

No idea the truth of it but rumor is that it was the severity of it at onset.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: armakirais
And France had added 20.

bno

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: misfit312
a reply to: FamCore

That's what I was wondering last night. I read this on bno Twitter

It says it was picked up by "astute clinicians"

I wonder if they recognized it on CT scans and ordered a test?

My next question is whether they were reprimanded for going ahead with a test for a Non-China contact?

Considering the limited number of tests.. it had to be pretty unmistakable for them to do it to confirm it maybe to rapidly get him in a more strict quarantine.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
The kit situation is FUBAR.. there were flaws in the first ones and the second ones.. well there arent any. Currently, only 12 labs outside of the CDC—located in California, Illinois, Nebraska, Nevada, and Tennessee—have the capability to test for the virus.

So... how are other countries managing 3,000+ tests per day?

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Advantage

So... how are other countries managing 3,000+ tests per day?

That is a question youll have to ask them... who knows
all I know is that test kits has a reagent that you use.. and it was a flawed one. Or wrong one. It was one that didnt work.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Confirmed: First Northern Ireland coronavirus case, travelled through Dublin

www.rte.ie...

new topics

top topics

<< 350  351  352    354  355  356 >>

join