It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 263
<< 260  261  262    264  265  266 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: tennisdawg

The 15% could be accurate for your situation, you were prepping facilities for critical patients, maybe severe but those have not been seeing deaths either. Over 80% wont really need help with this disease. Those patients in facilities could easily have 15% death rates since they are teetering between septic shock and getting through this thing, plus the high numbers of lung tissue damage in critical patients or organ failure.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Welcome back tennisdawg!

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   
STOCK MARKET DOW DOWN -900 POINTS

Looks like folks finally starting to wake up!!

edit on 24-2-2020 by celltypespecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

title doesn't say that

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc

The 15% could be accurate for your situation, you were prepping facilities for critical patients, maybe severe but those have not been seeing deaths either. Over 80% wont really need help with this disease. Those patients in facilities could easily have 15% death rates since they are teetering between septic shock and getting through this thing, plus the high numbers of lung tissue damage in critical patients or organ failure.

I have spoken before that this particular strain is designed for 3 cycles through EVERY human on Earth. We are not yet through the first cycle. My numbers are based on the future, mainly late 2nd cycle. What you are all seeing now is the appetizer. CFR will be pushing 20% for all confirmed cases after the second cycle. Critical care & ICU cases will be near 35% of all infected at this stage.
edit on 2/24/2020 by tennisdawg because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Mateo96

900 i sounds bad, how can you even breathe there ?

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry
a reply to: jedi_hamster

stop swimming in your fearmongering swamp. as serious as this situation is, panic spread by people like you will kill even more people than this damn virus.

There's not a single person on this thread that is panicked by anything he's posted, nor consider his updates fearmongering

What is clear is that for whatever reason you've targeted this poster to go after at any chance you can get

It's derailing the thread, and it's hostile

no.

i would let it slide, but some people started asking questions about those photos, so i've decided to comment.

this thread is about facts. everyone (mostly) keeps posting facts, often with own biased interpretation, but that's to be expected.

but when you'll follow up his posts, he's reporting facts while misrepresenting some of them to "ramp up the drama". with less fearmongering, his posts would get less popular, and that seems to be the driving force here. noticed how he posts a bunch of links to his earlier posts from time to time (like people couldn't find them on his profile)? noticed how he claimed in that very post i've quoted, that it's worth it to him? worth how, what does he get from it? why should anyone post anything here to get anything from it, instead of for purely altruistic purposes?

he's a self-promoting drama queen of this thread, noticed by others only because he lives in Japan.

my best friend lives in Tokyo, so trust me when i say i AM concerned. i'll pass on this BS though.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
What if the hardest hit countries are Iran, Korea, China, Italy - what does that suggest? May be nothing....!

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The Slow Drip

Source

CDC has confirmed 53 cases of novel coronavirus in the US
From CNN’s Michael Nedelman

There are now 53 confirmed cases of novel coronavirus in the United States, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Monday.

These include 36 people who were aboard the Diamond Princess cruise ship, three people repatriated from China and 14 US cases.

This reflects an increase in 18 cases from Friday, all among Diamond Princess passengers. At the time, CDC officials said that there were additional passengers who had tested positive for the virus in Japan and would likely be added to the official US count once those test results had been adjudicated.

The 14 US cases include eight in California, one in Massachusetts, one in Washington state, one in Arizona, two in Illinois and one in Wisconsin. Among these cases, there are two instances of person-to-person transmission, one in Illinois and one in California.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

900 i sounds bad, how can you even breathe there ?

For most people it is simply a matter of closing the windows or using filters on them, and just stay indoors. But yeah, even then, sand leaks in and gets everywhere, irritating your eyes and upper throat and it feels really hot. And it gets inside even with the windows closed, will have to clean my PC with compressed air when I'm able to.

People with damaged respiratory systems, and older citizens do need to use a facial mask and googles if possible.
Funny fact, people were angry in social media because some pharmacies had run out of the masks since people (mostly Asians here) bulk-bought them to send them to China. Which meant that a lot of people couldn't make use of a facial mask to make the sandstorm less asphyxiating.

Apart from that, just a matter of waiting it out, thousands of tourists had to stay here tho, planes couldn't land or take off and more than 800 flights were cancelled.

Hell, the winds caused a couple of fires and two ferries crashed (no injured thankfully), and the sandstorm was capable of bringing locusts from the Sahara desert here.

So some people starting rambling about this being like Egypt's 10 plagues sent by God after the coronavirus failed to infect us and yada yada blah blah, there are people like that everywhere.

But yeah, even with no coronavirus cases in the whole country as of now, people are a bit on edge and it is having a small effect.

Photos of the sandstorm, as you can see it looks straight out of china in terms of visibility and stuff:

edit on 24-2-2020 by Mateo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

www.dailynk.com...

They shut down all their schools in North Korea. They also turned down US help. They are so afraid of any news getting out that would make Kim look weak.
edit on 24-2-2020 by texasgirl because: added link

edit on 24-2-2020 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bishop2199
The Slow Drip

Source

CDC has confirmed 53 cases of novel coronavirus in the US
From CNN’s Michael Nedelman

There are now 53 confirmed cases of novel coronavirus in the United States, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Monday.

These include 36 people who were aboard the Diamond Princess cruise ship, three people repatriated from China and 14 US cases.

This reflects an increase in 18 cases from Friday, all among Diamond Princess passengers. At the time, CDC officials said that there were additional passengers who had tested positive for the virus in Japan and would likely be added to the official US count once those test results had been adjudicated.

The 14 US cases include eight in California, one in Massachusetts, one in Washington state, one in Arizona, two in Illinois and one in Wisconsin. Among these cases, there are two instances of person-to-person transmission, one in Illinois and one in California.

The CDC must really think the American people are stupid....
How the hell can there only be 14 US cases...? WTF!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
As I said TODAY IS THE DAY......

At a Costco store in the USA

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: celltypespecific

The CDC must really think the American people are stupid.... How the hell can there only be 14 US cases...? WTF!!!

They are stupid, look at how they got away with 9/11. WeChat and twitter is in censorship mode. Even on this thread look how much heat comes down when uncomfortable issues are brought up. Distractions, diversions and confusion is a well tried and tested tacits of information warfare.
edit on 24-2-2020 by kwakakev because: spelling

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

If that were the case it would be weapons grade or synthetic and we’re getting Wuhan in our BSL3 labs for some research studies at a research university. They wouldn’t clear it for that type of work if it were BSL4 or worse, this virus has been mapped so often already it’s just not possible to move through hosts like that unless it underwent significant mutation or recombination.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Now that's a weird report. Why wasn't the lovely Olesya investigating CV in her *own* country?

Warm clothes, yeah, that's funny.

Cheers

top topics

<< 260  261  262    264  265  266 >>

join