It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 264
<< 261  262  263    265  266  267 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Mateo96

Wow, i mean really...i had no idea it was that bad as in the photos...

The sand come from Sahara i presume..

Ok we must not discuss this here , to not slip from thread, corona virus ..sorry mods
edit on 24-2-2020 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

ATTENTION!!!
This thread is for Corona Virus Updates...not chit chat, bigoted comments, ill-mannered remarks toward members or arguing....

Diseases and Pandemics:: Medical Disclaimer
This thread is NOT for discussion of alternative medical treatment of illnesses!!!

Members who continue to disrupt will face temporary posting bans. ATS will not allow the few to ruin it for everyone.

Go after the ball not the player.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

Terms And Conditions Of Use

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: tennisdawg
It has been a while since I posted about North Korea.

The last time I posted they had neutralized 42 people. On Saturday, they were well over 500 executions just for suspected cases. Unless family members have high up connections to the party, they are neutralized as well. I have not had an update since Saturday. Based on the outbreak in South Korea, I would assume the North Korean numbers are actually under reported. You wanted updates in the updates thread, well, here you go.

Source please?

This is not an update to the Coronavirus situation. It is an update to your unsubstantiated 'story'. Please start your own forum

Updates look like this:
As of today, February 24, South Korea has confirmed 833 positive cases of COVID-19 including 7 deaths
kr.usembassy.gov...
It was 204 just 3 days ago

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
US CORONAVIRUS / COVID19

Confirmed: 53 Cases šŸ”ŗļø (from 35)
Deaths: 0
Self Quarantined: Appx 12,000

STATES

California: 8 Cases (1 P2P*) (+2 DP Cases)
Massachusetts: 1 Case
Washington: 1 Case
Arizona: 1 Case
Illinois: 2 Cases (1 P2P*)
Wisconsin: 1 Case

Diamond Princess Evacuees: 36 Cases (Possible locations: Travis AFB CA, Omaha NE, San Antonio/Lackland TX)
Repariated from China: 3 Cases

*Confirmed Human to Human Transmission
*DP = Diamond Princess

Anyone wanna help me figure out where all the Diamond Princess people went? I seem to be missing some, but I'm having to pull from a bunch of different articles cause low and behold we don't have all the actual information.

Anyone know where the reparated went?

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Don't forget to mention what gold did simultaneously..Rose to 1680.00/ounce ..a recent highā€¦ people loose faith in banks, precious metals are the fallback when paper money looses its value. Of course everyone here knows this.a reply to: celltypespecific

edit on 24-2-2020 by billjenkins589 because: grammar

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
If there is nothing to worry about here in the U.S., then why all the prep work? I think people are going to start realizing this thing is a problem here as well. "no real plan and no idea what would be expected of the local community"

That's encouraging!

Source

Alabama mayor: "We're simply not prepared" to help patients with coronavirus
From CNN's Amanda Watts

Anniston, Alabama, Mayor Jack Draper said based on a series of meetings with the Department of Health and Human Services, they were not prepared to handle coronavirus patients.

"We're simply not prepared to help our fellow citizens, at this time, who have been diagnosed with this disease," Draper said.
The US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) told Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey on Friday it was evaluating the possibility of using a Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Center for Domestic Preparedness in Anniston as a backup location for some Americans infected by the virus, according to statements from the Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH) and the governor's office.

During a news conference Monday, Draper said it became apparent after several meetings with HHS that there was no real plan and no idea what would be expected of the local community, first responders and local healthcare.
edit on 2/24/2020 by Bishop2199 because: Additional thought

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The Dow is now on a continuous downfall into the 1k point loss. It hit 1k earlier but retracted now its steady at 1030s in the red.

Let's see how this plays out into the end of the day. Interesting times ladies and gents. Glad to have ATS and BNO as resources for all the current events and updates. Keep the info coming and stay aware ppl.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

More going over the numbers and talking about asymptomatic carriers.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Seventh case of COVID-19 confirmed in B.C Canada
www.citynews1130.com...

B.C. Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry said "the COVID-19 outbreak now meets the ā€œclassic definitionā€ of a pandemic"

The WHO won't be happy...

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: celltypespecific
As I said TODAY IS THE DAY......

At a Costco store in the USA

Just ran to Sams Club and picked up bulk of most of that. I dont want to get stuck in panicied crowded lines in case the SHTF where Im at in Florida.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67
www.citynews1130.com...

B.C. Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry said "the COVID-19 outbreak now meets the ā€œclassic definitionā€ of a pandemic"

From that article, it also states it is the new strain found in Iran, let's see how the situation evolves and see if it is a matter of different countries reacting at different stages or if it is the strains themselves what have turned Italy and Iran into hotspots.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Investors unable to access brokerage accounts as stocks fall ā€” what you should know for your retirement accounts

Investors are advised not to change their investment portfolios when the market is volatile ā€” some were forced to take that advice when they couldnā€™t access their accounts Monday morning.

Some Fidelity Investment users tweeted Monday morning that at the start of the trading day, they couldnā€™t log in to their accounts, or when they did, they saw a $0 balance. This comes less than a week after Fidelity customers were unable to access their accounts, or came across with no balance for their 401(k) and otherĀ investment portfolios.

nothing to see here

Put this up there with Warren B. telling you it's a great time to invest.

I am sorry but they can blame it on glitches and everything, the writing is on the wall, glowing in our faces.

I notice when a certain people post in this thread, it slows way down. Why is that?
edit on 24-2-2020 by liejunkie01 because: Grammar

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I can't believe for a moment the U.S. has nailed this down so there is literally no spread of the virus. How realistic is that? Not very. No other infected passengers in flights from China, or from connecting flights? Or from many other regions now infected? Like.. ZERO? Hmm...

The only nugget I will ad for now is related to the CFR. I have posted for weeks now that the CFR was 15% on the documents I saw at the beginning. I now have reason to believe that this is a very conservative number.

Numbers coming out of other countries don't support that idea. While nebulous in China, other countries reporting in are right around that 2% range, maybe 2.5%. You can't count on #s from China or from Iran, either. They are purposely misreporting. SK, Japan, Thailand, the U.S., Singapore, Hong Kong.. and more. All right around 1.5% to 2.5%.

If the U.S. has to send in intelligence agents to try and get the truth from China, why do you think some random #s you are getting are correct? None of the deaths reported in other countries are supporting anything even at 3%.. let alone a "conservative" 15% number.

Some substantiated proof would be helpful.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mateo96

www.citynews1130.com...

From that article, it also states it is the new strain found in Iran

I can't see that, would you mind giving a quote? Sorry to be a pain.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ragiusnotiel
NEW: WHO says it no longer has a process to declare a pandemic, says old system with 6 phases is no longer being used - Reuters

From BNO NEWS Twitter

Are you F$&King Kidding ME?!?!

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Wait ... where does it say there is a new strain in Iran? It says the global situation is evolving very rapidly, but that isn't saying the virus is evolving rapidly.

He also said that the case of the woman who tested positive after returning from Iran was an indication that something was going on there, and that he was right -- turns out something is.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mateo96

www.citynews1130.com...

From that article, it also states it is the new strain found in Iran

I can't see that, would you mind giving a quote? Sorry to be a pain.

Yeah, no problem, under the "Summary" it says:
"A seventh person has tested positive for the new coronavirus strain in B.C."

And in the beginning it also states:
"A man in his 40s has tested positive for the new coronavirus strain in the Fraser Health district. Health officials say he had contact with ā€œcase number six.ā€ He is in stable condition and is in isolation at home."

The strain being new isn't mentioned apart from those two references.

originally posted by: ketsuko

Wait ... where does it say there is a new strain in Iran? It says the global situation is evolving very rapidly, but that isn't saying the virus is evolving rapidly.

He also said that the case of the woman who tested positive after returning from Iran was an indication that something was going on there, and that he was right -- turns out something is.

The link provided by the commenter I was replying to said that this 7th case in British Columbia has the new Iran strain, some days ago there were some news outlets stating that the virus in Iran is a new strain that hadn't been found outside of it, for example, this news report:

www.tasnimnews.com...

I'm an architect, but I think to remember that, as a rule of thumb, viruses tend to have a big mutation that derives into a new strain every 15 days or so, so if this is the only mayor strain divergence so far... I'd say it's actually mutating quite slowly?
edit on 24-2-2020 by Mateo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

The entire corona virus strain is new. That's why it's still referred to as novel.

I've been waiting for them to do the actual sequencing and testing to see if there actually is a mutation or not based on those tests from the cases in BC.

edit on 24-2-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot

originally posted by: celltypespecific
As I said TODAY IS THE DAY......

At a Costco store in the USA

Just ran to Sams Club and picked up bulk of most of that. I dont want to get stuck in panicied crowded lines in case the SHTF where Im at in Florida.

I think I'm going to do the same when I get out of here (work).

I feel that it is possible that any time there could be an article or an alert somewhere in the states that will trigger a panic rush.

If people would shop at a slow trickle like we are doing, it doesn't disrupt commerce.

I'm gonna pick up another case of TP also. Lol. I do not want to even think of that situation for my family of 5.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

appreciate the quick study on ACE & ACE2 within the coronavirus theme question

I have been lax on my team leader MD. on use of Lisinopril 20mg along with Amlodipine Besylate 10mg daily
for the side effects they produce ā€¦ vertigo , low grade lung bacteria, requiring Meclizine , Amoxicillin

I am still on-the-fence about COVID19 becoming a +10% fatal Pandemic, all over the Globe...
growing into a economic/social/globalized supply chain Disruptorā€¦ yes indeed

<< 261  262  263    265  266  267 >>

join