It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 253
<< 250  251  252    254  255  256 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rich Z

originally posted by: 38181
a reply to: Phelan15
Absolutely, You most probably are correct. What I was trying to point out is that some of the truckers who transport all of our goods, including supplies and food and slowly getting the word. Last thing we need are them to refuse certain loads to certain locations from bunk rumors.

If the truckers start getting sick, word will spread like wildfire among them. Then I suspect that pretty much ALL shipments will be grinding to a halt. Which means everything they were supposed to be delivering, won't be.

IMHO.

That will be the least of it, if China keeps getting hammered, there wont be any product for them to deliver

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

This is a 9m30s video segment, made me feel a bit better, maybe there are some competent people in the US Gov doing something about the supply chain issues:

"Peter Navarro Discusses The U.S. Supply Chain Amid Chinese Coronavirus Effects…" youtu.be...

h/t Sundance

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 01:11 AM
link   
The death rate has jumped to 3.3%, multiply that the 7 million people and that makes 231 million....

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 01:12 AM
link   

edit on 24-2-2020 by Oleman because: Not sure how I messed that edit up so bad!

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 01:15 AM
link   

China considers 'complete ban' on wildlife trade
China's top legislative committee has begun deliberating a proposal to ban all trade and consumption of wild animals, a practice believed responsible for the country's deadly coronavirus outbreak.

The official Xinhua news agency said the proposal was submitted to the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress (NPC), which is currently set to start its session next month, but is expected to postpone.

Kuwait, Bahrain confirm first coronavirus cases
Kuwait and Bahrain have confirmed their first cases of coronavirus, both of their state news agencies have reported.

Bahrain confirmed one case, a citizen arriving from Iran, the new agency reported, citing the health ministry. Meanwhile, Kuwait had three cases, the state news agency KUNA reported, citing its ministry of health.

Looks like the virus is *slowly* leaking out from Iran to nearby countries..

The top headline is a facepalm.. You'd think after the bird flu they'd clamp down on that insanity.. /sigh

**update** Now a Saudi has been infected and brought the virus back with them as well..
edit on 2/24/2020 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

If we slow the spread me might be ok
There will be disruptions but
I fully expect we will have a vaccine before the
End of the year
Just has to be done

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Thank you so much for your response. I am so sorry I don't understand...I thought maybe I was
suppose to click on the circle & nothing happened
So sorry it's after 2:00am now & I have to sleep...

Anyone with help in re to me is free to PM me! I would be so grateful...

Thank you so much!!!!
Cheers
Ektar

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: all2human

Yeah they had some kind of breakthrough I heard earlier, if the sucker doesn't mutate it's all good, well unless the vaccine causes it to mutate.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Bloody Hell so sorry I am so slow ATM...I had to re read a few times
& I feel so stupid ...cause I finally got it...thx I had several messages that I did not
realize I had due to the envelope not highlighted...
Thank you so much for that & also all your great input in this thread & others!
Cheers
Ektar

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 01:56 AM
link   

KABUL, Feb 24 (Reuters) - Afghanistan's minister of public health said on Monday the country had identified its first case of coronavirus.

Ferozuddin Feroz, the minister of public health, told a press conference in Kabul one of three suspected cases had been confirmed in the Western province of Herat.

edit on 2/24/2020 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
So some 3000 students from china have arrived here in Australia in the last few days, it's almost as if we don't have enough corona virus and our pm being the dip# he is has given the opportunity for that to change.

And they are arriving here in Japan
Bottom line: let the masses have fun in the sun because as they now are saying: until is drug is developed, it WILL continue to spread. All you can do really is bunker down with food and water and some medical supplies and wait it out.
The housing market will soon take a hit to where if you were around in the depression then you know what I'm talking about.
The rentals, forget people can't pay the rent, what is the landlord to do.
The banks, foreclosures on what.

People , we are now talking about this here in this country. Its SERIOUS now.

Wake up , its time to wake up.

The news out of Japan is no good.
Keep in mind what I wrote earlier today:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Some things to ponder as we hear rumors that Shenzen workers are being told to get back to work:

Because of my business, I am concerned about the semiconductor industry. I avoid Chinese components and build boards in the US, but rely on S Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore and Phillipean manufactured components.

People who's job is to make that kind of stuff (and chemical stocks) already wear bunny suits for work. For those people, the biggest workplace threat is eating lunch. Seems workable. Getting back home, and any roommates would be a lot bigger worry. Providing "safe" supplies at work would be a big perk and workforce preservation by eliminating their need to "shop."

Many decades ago, I worked for a US heartland company that had the large production facilities in Mexico, at the time that the Peso crashed. All the Mexico plant workers were excited to come to work, even though their paid dropped to pennies per hour, because the plant provided free breakfast, lunch and dinner for their entire family.

Just things to think about as our future unfolds...

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoeRivers

originally posted by: tetra50
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

link quote reply

originally posted by: JoeRivers

How strong do you really need to be if you have a gun?

Stronger than the person you're attempting to attack if they also have a gun and are prepared for you.

LOL. Mr. JoeRivers, do you know why when undergoing gun safety training, you are taught to not raise and point this particular weapon, if you are not prepared to shoot to kill? Because anyone with good defense training will be well schooled in methods to disarm the person with the weapon, and then turn it upon them......

You must be very strong to wield such a weapon, if you are not prepared to use it in the end result of pointing it: death.

regards,
tetra

Missing my point, if they are weak, and have a gun, and you, like a large majority, have no gun or self defense classes, i'm pretty sure their weakness is evened out.

Are you talking to me or the other person? Because that doesn't apply to me. In your scenario, I'm not like the large majority.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
The death rate has jumped to 3.3%, multiply that the 7 million people and that makes 231 million....

LoL thats not how that works bud

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

This is Japan, not China huh?

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind
The people in Wuhan that were sealed inside their buildings for "their own safety and protection," how would they be able to get out to pay their utility bills? If they couldn't pay their utilty bills and lost power and water because of non-payment, wouldn't that be detrimental to their own safety and protection? Surely their government had the power to prevent that from happening? What would happen in America if we were told to self-quarantine? Would the U.S. government have the power to prevent utility companies from turning off your services for lack of payment? Because without electricity, water and gas, wouldn't it be much harder to survive if your self-quarantined? I'm not fear-mongering or saying it's going to happen in America, but it's happened in China hasn't it?

So, paying the electric bill might become a moot point for a lot of people.

I hadn't thought about it quite like that. Thanks! Might not have to worry about non-payment getting it shut off - it might just stop working.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:52 AM
link   

They seem to have bungled every step of the way so far, so why would anyone think they are going to turn around and start doing things right now? .

I'm right with you on this, Rich. Frankly, I haven't trusted them to handle anything correctly since observing Ebola actions/reactions in 2014.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Sending out a message to any people from China or elsewhere, in coronavirus affected areas, who may have accessed this site.

I am thinking of you.
I am sad, shocked and worried for your welfare.
I care about what is happening there and am sorry it has happened.
I hope our investigation of the virus may help in some small way.
Stay strong and do not give up.
Please stay as safe as you can manage.
My prayers are with you.
We are all one.

Primal

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:03 AM
link   
42s video of empty streets in Italy www.independent.ie... (not very exciting)

Iran officially admits 47 confirmed cases now. www.aa.com.tr...

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:07 AM
link   
4th death in Italy,
150 infected

www.telegraph.co.uk...

top topics

<< 250  251  252    254  255  256 >>

join