It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 252
<< 249  250  251    253  254  255 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Wouldn't there be a value for cytokine storm...I think normal value of cytokine level
is 2830 (?) sorry I would have to look up...I use to be smart & functional before the
brain damage ...& is why I am asking the question not in in me regards but
for everyone, cytokine levels I would think would be important... Thank you so much for responding!
Cheers
Ektar

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Harry Chen PHD twitter account was just suspended.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1questioner
a reply to: SpartanStoic

It looks like what we've been saying for the past month on this thread is finally going mainstream. From the N.Y. Post...

Don’t buy China’s story: The coronavirus may have leaked from a lab

The evidence points to SARS-CoV-2 research being carried out at the Wuhan Institute of Virology. The virus may have been carried out of the lab by an infected worker or crossed over into humans when they unknowingly dined on a lab animal. Whatever the vector, Beijing authorities are now clearly scrambling to correct the serious problems with the way their labs handle deadly pathogens.

China has unleashed a plague on its own people. It’s too early to say how many in China and other countries will ultimately die for the failures of their country’s state-run microbiology labs, but the human cost will be high.

N.Y. Post Article

Man, I dunno. The MSM doesn't usually play with the news very well when the truth is the news. They don't actually have reporters, they just have stenographers that say what their bosses tell them to say. Hasn't China been hinting that this was a USA developed pathogen? Maybe this is just a psyops rebuttal. IMHO.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I'd like to question the WHO estimated CFR 2%. The WHO that's leader is a guy selected for the job because of his epidemic cover up experience.

The case fatality rate (CFR) represents the proportion of cases who eventually die from a disease.
Once an epidemic has ended, it is calculated with the formula: deaths / cases.
But while an epidemic is still ongoing, as it is the case with the current novel coronavirus outbreak, this formula is, at the very least, "naïve" and can be "misleading if, at the time of analysis, the outcome is unknown for a non negligible proportion of patient

If we use the formula (deaths / cases) we get:
813 / 37,552 = 2.2% CFR (flawed formula).

The World Health Organization (WHO) had mentioned 2% as a mortality rate estimate in a press conference on Wednesday, January 29 [

An alternative method, which has the advantage of not having to estimate a variable, and that is mentioned in the American Journal of Epidemiology study cited previously as a simple method that nevertheless could work reasonably well if the hazards of death and recovery at any time t measured from admission to the hospital, conditional on an event occurring at time t, are proportional, would be to use the formula:

CFR = deaths / (deaths + recovered)
which, with the latest data available, would be equal to:
2,619 / (2,619 + 25,060) = 9% CFR (worldwide)
If we now exclude cases in mainland China, using current data on deaths and recovered cases, we get:
27 / (27 + 257) = 9.5% CFR (outside of mainland China)
www.worldometers.info...

Wonder which method WHO is using?

Then I suspect even CFR 9% to be unrealistically low because China is certainly lying about numbers and countries outside China possibly are too, given the recent reports of cover ups.

Another way CFR is being obfuscated is by people adding in potential asymptomatic cases. This is never done for a final CFR because these cases are not detected, no one ever knows the number, so obviously they are not to be added in.

Swine flu has CFR .02% as a comparison.

This is no "mild" illness.
edit on 23-2-2020 by primalfractal because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2020 by primalfractal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   
So some 3000 students from china have arrived here in Australia in the last few days, it's almost as if we don't have enough corona virus and our pm being the dip# he is has given the opportunity for that to change.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Adern and Morrison are rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic is how I see it. NZ will go under fast,we have a massive Chinese population per capita,and as recently proven,we can't even handle measles.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent

The world is fast approaching a “tipping point” in the spread of the coronavirus, according to experts, who warn that the disease is outpacing efforts to contain it, after major outbreaks forced Italy and Iran to introduce stringent internal travel restrictions and South Korea’s president placed the country on red alert. Some of the countries most affected by the virus are scrambling to halt its progress two days after Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, director general of the World Health Organization (WHO), said the international community needed to act quickly before the narrowing “window of opportunity” closed completely.

World is approaching coronavirus tipping point, experts say

Tipping point? Are they waking from their nap now?

I am feeling pretty confident that WHO, CDC, and everyone else who is supposed to be tasked with getting in control of this thing, would put the Keystone Cops to shame. Yeah, keep the local status and progress of a developing pandemic a secret from the public. That's the ticket!

They seem to have bungled every step of the way so far, so why would anyone think they are going to turn around and start doing things right now? From the beginning, I think they should have opened up a dictionary and tried real hard to figure out exactly what the term "quarantine" means and put it to good use. Instead, they are carting infected victims all over the darn planet exposing more and more people to contagion all along the routes. I think the whole lot of them should be awarded a GRAND POOBAH DARWIN AWARD for how they have been handling this. Every person who gets sick and dies from this outside of China can pretty much lay the blame right on their doorstep.

IMHO.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Italy sit-rep: lots of pics of empty shelves. mothership.sg...

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   
A comment about posts being in cycles of extremes.

This is natural, we keep overshooting target but keep getting closer as we settle in on what the reality will be.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I am suspicious of Irans figures.

This could have more to do with them rounding up protestors and infiltrating universities.

Faking an outbreak to consolidate control

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Ektar

you have a DM. good health to you, buddy.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind
The people in Wuhan that were sealed inside their buildings for "their own safety and protection," how would they be able to get out to pay their utility bills? If they couldn't pay their utilty bills and lost power and water because of non-payment, wouldn't that be detrimental to their own safety and protection? Surely their government had the power to prevent that from happening? What would happen in America if we were told to self-quarantine? Would the U.S. government have the power to prevent utility companies from turning off your services for lack of payment? Because without electricity, water and gas, wouldn't it be much harder to survive if your self-quarantined? I'm not fear-mongering or saying it's going to happen in America, but it's happened in China hasn't it?

If it gets REAL bad here in the USA, I am expecting the possibility that power blackouts will take place in some areas. If a lot of people are sick and everyone else is afraid of getting sick, no one is going to be mining coal, no one is going to be delivering that coal to the power plants, and no one is going to be running those power plants to keep the juice running. Heck, even if people are not sick, many will likely be calling in to their jobs claiming they are sick so that they don't REALLY become sick there. Who wouldn't believe them? If there was even anyone there to answer the phone.

So, paying the electric bill might become a moot point for a lot of people.

IMHO.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

Yep, they're a pair of clowns.

They must have the hard word from upstairs, Dance monkey.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I am so grateful for your reply & I apologize that I have brain loss but
it is finally just slowly recovering...
So yes I see symptoms...but when you talk about Cytokine Storm...
what's the blood level for the cytokines to be a "storm" ?

Sorry I respect you & not trying to be a problem...I think without looking up
normal cytokine level is 2830? Yes I know I did not include the scientific dl or whatever
I had only looked at numbers & I think 2830 is normal or close to normal, so I am
very interested in numbers for "cytokine storm" due to me cytokine elevation in the past
& just became normal end of July 2019 which is crucial in me recovery...

From all support groups & Drs Cancer, Lyme, CIRS & etc are all related due to inflammation in the body & brain...
I do not want to deflect from thread...

I am very thankful for any help & welcome PMs...

Thank you Ketsuko, I have always admired you & trust your knowledge for many years here!
Cheers
Ektar

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: tgidkp

Thank you but I'm sorry does that mean direct message? I had to look up DM...LOL
but I see there are no message showing here ATM...maybe there is a delay...sorry i have not been able to
be active here in a few years so unfortunately I have forgotten things...
I really appreciate your response & hope I can find it.
Cheers
Ektar

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Surveyor7
Harry Chen PHD twitter account was just suspended.
I was wondering how long that would take. There were several bot accounts duplicating the EXACT same tweets word for word. His was one of at least three that I saw doing that on Twitter.

Harry Chen is likely not a real person..

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
a reply to: Phelan15
Absolutely, You most probably are correct. What I was trying to point out is that some of the truckers who transport all of our goods, including supplies and food and slowly getting the word. Last thing we need are them to refuse certain loads to certain locations from bunk rumors.

If the truckers start getting sick, word will spread like wildfire among them. Then I suspect that pretty much ALL shipments will be grinding to a halt. Which means everything they were supposed to be delivering, won't be.

IMHO.

link   
a reply to: Rich Z

I may be wrong, but JMHO, I dont see power, water and natural gas being much of a problem. Those are jobs that can be easily be done with interpersonal isolation measures. Mining, it is just a small addition to existing protective gear. Power line maintenance strike me as not much of a contact threat (except for the high voltage lines!). Trucking supplies will take extra precautions in loading/unloading and maybe decontaminating bundles in logistics. I see the general US being pretty resilient at that level.

OTOH, the idea of going shopping if nCov19 is wild in my neigborhood seems almost futile. You contaminate your credit card at purchase, bring a bunch of potentially infected supplies into your house. Forget frozen goods, the freezer will extend the virus life! Fresh foods, handled by many? There is really only one good solution to that, buy your supplies before the virus is wild.

My daughter, a school nurse, faces the prospect of dealing with cute little germ factories every day, until the schools shut down. Not many option there.

I think we are good on the water/power/heat/shotgun level. It is the job/food/supplies/medical care that concerns me.

link   
a reply to: Ektar

The envelope icon will take you to your direct messages.

Additional reply:

The icon stopped lighting up a whole back and has not been fixed.

Many quirks have accumulated in the time you've been away, this being one.
edit on 24-2-2020 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: tgidkp

Hey mate I just clicked on message envelope which is usually highlighted
when you have a message...mine was not but clicked on it & got your
message. thank you i will look into that...
I cannot tell you how grateful I am for you & everyone else here!
Cheers
Ektar

top topics

<< 249  250  251    253  254  255 >>

join