It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 251
<< 248  249  250    252  253  254 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

I did. Person never responded to me.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Ektar

Glad to hear you're doing well! I'll let someone better informed answer what you need and how much. Best of luck!

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

Perhaps.

The US market is not illusionary whatsoever.

I was trying to convey the size and enormourity of the US market (often chastised) , yet can be minimally affected by silly IMF comments.

This virus is serious and affecting world markets; but a shift of 400pts in the US is a rain drop in the ocean.

US households in 2018 (last I read) hold US$ 98 trillion . with a "T"...three times the value of the market.

This virus will shrink consumption a bit. That is it. Markets adjust.

mg

edit on 02062424America/Chicago23_10America/Chicagopm by missed_gear because: dang phone spell check1

edit on 02082727America/Chicago23_10America/Chicagopm by missed_gear because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
So there is so much talk about Cytokine Storm...what is the level of Cytokines to be a Storm?
Thank You!
Cheers
Ektar

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   
This is exactly what I mentioned the other day.

We have been on a doom kick for a while, now in comes the upside and "hunky dory" its gonna be ok posts. There is a cyclical engagement here on ATS. I have noticed for a while. Doom and gloom on the weekends. Everything's gonna be ok for the beginning of the week. Go to work and invest in your future.

It's only a small correction as some will say.

I say that I see through the BS.
edit on 23-2-2020 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Coronavirus Fallout Shows Dangers of Over-Reliance on China—Curtis Ellis

Just how is the coronavirus outbreak in China affecting global supply chains?

How does this inform decisions and risk associated with offshoring manufacturing to China?

And will the COVID-19 outbreak impact the phase one China trade deal?

In this episode, we'll sit down with Curtis Ellis, policy director with America First Policies. He was also a senior policy advisor with Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
a reply to: SoulReaper

. Arrived here on Feb 17th and will be leaving on the 29th.

I am not trying to be rude or irrational here, but why in the world would you even be traveling right now?

This has been going on for a few months now.

This is exactly why I have no faith in the system.

It's not a big deal until it "becomes very real" to you. This is the thinking that gets this type of thing to spread.

Again I am not trying to be a jack@$$. But damn.

Hey believe me, we considered not going. But when we left there were zero cases in Israel and more then zero cases in America. So technically we were going to a country with less exposure. Non the less with so much uncertainty around the data and possible future spread. We consider flushing 8 grand down the toliet and cancelling. We stocked up on food before we left.

In the end I decided that if the virus was going to spread fast enough to present a moderate to high risk to us in the 2 weeks we would be here that it would be impossible to contain anyways, would end up spreading everywhere, and we would actually be better off getting exposed earlier.. rather then later.

Also we do not live in fear, rather sober measured decision making calculating the risk.

Regards,
Soul

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Tobacco and smoke, pollution harms cilia cells, slows or even stop it.....

Cilia cells are in lungs and beating ...beating to keep airways clean and open..move also mucous..

So as we know, China land has huge pollution issue, and so it`s no wonder if their cilia cells are not working as should..and it must has effect to any kind of respiratory problem.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   

This thread is for Corona Virus Updates...not chit chat, bigoted comments, ill-mannered remarks or arguing....

Diseases and Pandemics:: Medical Disclaimer
This thread is NOT for discussion of alternative medical treatment of illnesses!!!

Members who continue to disrupt will face temporary posting bans. ATS will not allow the few to ruin it for everyone.

Go after the ball not the player.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

Terms And Conditions Of Use

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   
www.paulcraigroberts.org...

Paul Craig Roberts getting in on the outbreak. Referencing Francis Boyle and the likelihood that this is a man-made virus and was accidentally relased from Wuhan BSL-4 lab.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Ektar

There is a bit of talk about it going on in this thread about symptoms.

It basically has to do with an immune system over-reaction, but it may also have to do with a mutation that inhibits immune system function in some individuals. Either way, it takes a strong immune system to produce one I think.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Meh, I'm still more or less where I have been:

If it comes, most of us will live.

I think the biggest change is that I think it's now more of when than if and to what degree it comes, but that's about it.

The economy will take care of itself in time because most of us are going to live.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ
A friend of a friend has just landed back in NZ after being anchored in a logging ship for 3 weeks off the Chinese coast,2 flights to get here,non quarentine flights,and has been asked to self quarentine at home for 2 weeks,he is blown away by the way he and other shipmates were handled,with lack of PPE gear. He rang immigration to complain as he wanted proper quarentine but the Chinese guy on the phone wasn't interested.
So there ya go jacinda adern and the NZ govt.....no fks given. And she said today she thinks our health system will handle this no problems. I'm embarrassed to be a nz'r at the moment.

Not that different in Aus, as long as you didn't go and get take out from Wuhan, you're fine

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Update Feb 23/2020 - 11pm
Wuhan Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Global Cases (by JHU CSSE)
gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com...#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Canada
3 Toronto,Ont., 6 British Columbia, 1 London,Ont. Total 10+43=53
Update on Diamond Princess : 2016-020 Sunday Tokyo time 5 pm
Canada: 43 Canadians are currently infected

1 new presumptive confirmed case in Ontario, Canada.
BREAKING: Ontario's chief medical officer of health has confirmed a new presumptive positive case of coronavirus in Toronto.The woman arrived in Canada from China on Feb. 21 and presented at North York General Hospital with an intermittent cough that was improving. She was discharged and, per protocols, went into self-isolation
mobile.twitter.com...

Feb. 23/20 - 159 more confirm + 604 South Korea = Total 763

Feb. 20/20 - 13 more confirm Total at 634 + 94 Japan = Total 728
Feb. 21/20 - 11 more confirm Total at 634 + 105 Japan = Total 739
Feb. 22/20 - 17 more confirm Total at 634 + 135 Japan = Total 769
Feb. 23/20 - 12 more confirm Total at 691 + 147 Japan = Total 838

multimedia.scmp.com...

docs.google.com...

JHU press release about the development of the dashboard:
hub.jhu.edu...

Save this Preparedness and Response Plan offline
www.hopkins-cepar.org...