It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 242
<< 239  240  241    243  244  245 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

If they’ve activated Anniston, does it imply we are headed in that (quarantine) direction? Any word out of Nebraska?

Put another way, is there a chance CDC has already started the (FEMA) process behind the scenes? If so, when would Uncle Sam notify the public? Are we gonna hear about it through social media or MSM the way officials there did?
All this seems a bit sketchy....

edit on 23-2-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

CODOGNO, Italy (AP) — Italy stepped up measures Sunday to ban public gatherings amid rapidly rising numbers of COVID-19 cases in the country and a third death from the virus, calling off the famed Venice Carnival attended by thousands of revelers. The decision to call off the Carnival was announced by Veneto regional Gov. Luca Zaia as the numbers of confirmed coronavirus cases soared to 152, the largest number outside Asia. “The ordinance is immediately operative and will go into effect at midnight,″ said Zaia, whose area includes Venice, where thousands packed St. Mark’s Square. Carnival would have run through Tuesday. Buses, trains and other forms of public transport — including boats in Venice — were being disinfected, Zaia told reporters. Museums were also ordered to shut down after Sunday in Venice, a top tourist draw anytime of the year. Authorities said three people in Venice have tested positive for the COVID-19 virus, all of them in their late 80s and who are hospitalized in critical condition. Zaia said among those infected was a nurse.

Italy cancels Venice Carnival in bid to halt spread of virus

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Just saw towns near Milan are closed off, church services cancelled and greater Italy has banned touching the holy water at church.

Scares me just as much as Japan closing schools.

Japan has raised travel advisory to Level 2.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: GlobalGold

Biting insects have served as spreaders of viruses like EEE, West Nile, Dengue, Zika, Chikungunya. I’m not really sure about a coronavirus. They have different tissue targets and to spread from a creature that flies around and sucks blood, the person would need a good amount in their blood and you would not see that reliably with a coronavirus. If it happened it would be an outlier.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

The world is fast approaching a “tipping point” in the spread of the coronavirus, according to experts, who warn that the disease is outpacing efforts to contain it, after major outbreaks forced Italy and Iran to introduce stringent internal travel restrictions and South Korea’s president placed the country on red alert. Some of the countries most affected by the virus are scrambling to halt its progress two days after Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, director general of the World Health Organization (WHO), said the international community needed to act quickly before the narrowing “window of opportunity” closed completely.

World is approaching coronavirus tipping point, experts say

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

It may be an outlier but just sprayed my yard for the first time in years, and picked up some of the candles to help push biting bugs further back when my son comes and goes.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
a reply to: Asgaard

Hamsteren!!!!

Lol....the population density in the Netherlands is 1,316 people per mi2, one of the highest in the world. Our stores are not going to run out and if one person gets the virus, we all get it.

Peace

You are kinda contradicting yourself here. A; (one of) highest population density in the world. B; Stores won't run out.
How does very many people concentrated in a tiny area equate to full stores? The stores will likely run out in a matter of hours.

True, escaping the virus will be near impossible. Still, I can do my best for my family, can't I? I can't turn my back on a promise like that, not to mention the fact I love them.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cmajlz
I'm still seeing comments about prepping. Three comments. 1. You have to look the part. If everyone around you is losing weight and you aren't, people will be at your door. 2. Those of you that have children prepping with you beware they may tell others through the internet you have food to eat every day. And 3. Be very cautious of how you dispose of your trash and garbage. Produce no evidence you have food for people to see in your garbage. Even if you burn all of it be careful of how you dispose of the ashes. If you have a lot people will wonder why.

But how long will it take the people without food who are starving to get too weak to do anything about you and your supplies?

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam

If they’ve activated Anniston, does it imply we are headed in that (quarantine) direction? Any word out of Nebraska?

Put another way, is there a chance CDC has already started the (FEMA) process behind the scenes? If so, when would Uncle Sam notify the public? Are we gonna hear about it through social media or MSM the way officials there did?

Reading in between the lines of what CDC Dr. Messonnier said, it certainly seems they've already been planning for that behind the scenes. Actually, from various articles I've read in the past they (various gov't agencies along w/military) has been planning for such an emergency operation for last several years. It may of recently moved to phase 2 so to speak. Think FEMA Executive Orders (which have never been activated) along with Emergency Powers/Patriot Act. All it takes is a stroke of a pen and since they control the media we may be told nothing of the kind until it's point blank in our faces. I'm skeptical and remain optimistic, for now.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

(BE here) I feel lucky that both my mother and mil are taking this serious! They both live alone. I told them to start stocking up for at least a month and they did. What they don't have is masks and both are asking me for them. I'm not going to give them any though... they would feel 'safe' with a mask and leave their house, if they don't have any I'm pretty sure they won't set a foot outside their doors. I will bring them whatever they need should TSHTF, in and out the car, no personal contact.

Can't you arrange something with your grandmother?

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

originally posted by: Cmajlz
I'm still seeing comments about prepping. Three comments. 1. You have to look the part. If everyone around you is losing weight and you aren't, people will be at your door. 2. Those of you that have children prepping with you beware they may tell others through the internet you have food to eat every day. And 3. Be very cautious of how you dispose of your trash and garbage. Produce no evidence you have food for people to see in your garbage. Even if you burn all of it be careful of how you dispose of the ashes. If you have a lot people will wonder why.

But how long will it take the people without food who are starving to get too weak to do anything about you and your supplies?

When people are at that point they are desperate. Don't give them a single clue or they will be at your door. Keep your guard up from day one. They also may not be the ones you need to be concerned about. Some people will have some food in their pantries. A week or two into this they will be out of food and become desperate. There will always be desperate people as this process plays out. It becomes a waiting where you want to survive. Don't give anyone any clues.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Researchers worldwide are racing to develop potential vaccines and drugs to fight the new coronavirus, called SARS-Cov-2. Now, a group of researchers has figured out the molecular structure of a key protein that the coronavirus uses to invade human cells, potentially opening the door to the development of a vaccine, according to new findings. Previous research revealed that coronaviruses invade cells through so-called “spike” proteins, but those proteins take on different shapes in different coronaviruses. Figuring out the shape of the spike protein in SARS-Cov-2 is the key to figuring out how to target the virus, said Jason McLellan, senior author of the study and an associate professor of molecular biosciences at the University of Texas at Austin. Though the coronavirus uses many different proteins to replicate and invade cells, the spike protein is the major surface protein that it uses to bind to a receptor — another protein that acts like a doorway into a human cell. After the spike protein binds to the human cell receptor, the viral membrane fuses with the human cell membrane, allowing the genome of the virus to enter human cells and begin infection. So “if you can prevent attachment and fusion, you will prevent entry,” McLellan told Live Science. But to target this protein, you need to know what it looks like.

Researchers Map Structure of Coronavirus “Spike” Protein

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SouthernGift

I am far more worried about the threat of prolonged flooding this spring than tornado season. Though there are signs that point to an active tornado season, widespread flooding would have greater impacts on communities especially if you add Coronavirus to that mix. With catastrophic flooding already occuring in the Mississippi valley and southeast it won't take a much above average spring precipitation wise to make things worse. Right now the 3 month forecast from CPC is for increased chances for above average precipitation in the southeast, midwest and plains. If this verified above normal rains along with melting ice and snow would flow into the already high Mississippi river.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

"But how long will it take the people without food who are starving to get too weak to do anything about you and your supplies? "

I would estimate it would take most usual people 21 days, on average. There is a reason that the show 'Naked and Afraid' chose 21 days for their time limit. And the more vigorous will last longer still …. so the average is only an approximation of the halfway point.

The toughest 10% could last a lot longer....

edit on 23-2-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: typo

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   

The road announced that eight new cases were confirmed to have been infected with the new coronavirus, and a total of 26 people have now been confirmed infected in the road. Of these, the female student in her twenties wears a ventilator and is in serious condition. According to the announcement of the road, all newly infected people were Japanese nationals, ▼ 30s and 70s men living in the jurisdiction of the Kamikawa General Promotion Bureau, and women in their 60s, ▼ 20s living in Biei-cho, Kamikawa Firefighter male, ▼ 30-year-old female employee living in Kushiro City, ▼ 80-year-old male and 40-year-old female living in the jurisdiction of the Iburi General Promotion Bureau, ▼ 20-year-old student female living in the Ishikari Promotion Bureau There are 8 people in total.

Source is a google translation to Here

Eight people in Hokkaido confirmed infection
edit on 23-2-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
a reply to: SouthernGift
The location is 30 minutes from me and really cant think of a worse place to risk any chance of virus getting out as Anniston AL is a very popular stop-over point between Atlanta GA and Birmingham AL along I-20. Fact is one can be in Dallas TX within 12 hour drive to put in perspective.

Very heavily traveled corridor to say the least.

Yeah I know. I live in Southern Illinois, but was there a couple years back when the band I was in played there. I don't want to play in any more big cities right now! I just wanna stay home.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

I love the regular updates from the WHO, CDC, whoever. People really have no clue without some form of assistance or telling them what to do. It’s amazing how they function in society. We’ve been talking about this for what weeks, months?

Gee thanks WHO, we really had no clue. They remind of people who tell me or my wife we look like we have our hands full when we’re out with our 3 kids grocery shopping or something.

Everyone’s afraid to make a decision because of money and policy blowback. Who cares, the economy is already screwed, let’s start implementing protocols to save lives.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Makes me wonder how the 5k-bed facility td was working on in Biloxi is coming along....

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam

I would say it is safe to say that FEMA staff are embedded within the CDC so they know as much as anyone. Stopped in where I used to work last week. Public Health staff are working closely with CDC as well as local health departments. The disaster staff have not been activated but the Governor can do that at his discretion. In the State I live in the disaster staff have the process down pat from a lot of experience. They know the drill. Watch for when a Governor declares a state of emergency. Of course by then it may be too late.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

The Netherlands is the largest exporter of agricultural goods in the world, only second to the US.

We are more than able to feed our entire population in the case of a crisis.

It is people like you who start to panic and buy out stores out of fear. It only causes inconvenience but that's about it.

But what is even more important, with our population density it would be absurd to think that you can prevent getting sick. Unless you planned on sealing your house and stay put for the next months...

Peace

top topics

<< 239  240  241    243  244  245 >>

join