It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 243
<< 240  241  242    244  245  246 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
@PDChina

Doctor Huang Wenjun died of pneumonia caused by COVID19 at age 42 on Sunday at Central Hospital in Xiaogan, a city 60 km northwest of Wuhan.
twitter.com...

Maybe it's just me but, seems like alot of fairly young doctors have been dying lately.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

This thread is for Corona Virus Updates...not chit chat, bigoted comments, ill-mannered remarks or arguing....

Diseases and Pandemics:: Medical Disclaimer
This thread is NOT for discussion of alternative medical treatment of illnesses!!!

Members who continue to disrupt will face temporary posting bans. ATS will not allow the few to ruin it for everyone.

Go after the ball not the player.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

Terms And Conditions Of Use

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!
edit on Sun Feb 23 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

When you work yourself to exhaustion your immune system weakens, and you become susceptible to the virus you're working to stop, and then you can't fight it off. I'm actually not surprised to see a bunch of health care workers going down to this.
edit on 23-2-2020 by Phelan15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Vancouver woman who got sick in Iran was sick while on plane. Had cough. She stopped in Montreal,

Air Canada is searching for passenger seated near her.

But her seat was surely infected. What happen for passenger using this airplane on the next flight ?

In french : TVA
edit on 23-2-2020 by Maker22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2020 by Maker22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Markets closed out last week on an anxious note. It's not difficult to see why: the coronavirus continues to spread, and there are signs that some of the world's top economies could slide into recession as the outbreak compounds pre-existing weaknesses. Take Japan: The world's third-largest economy shrank 1.6% in the fourth quarter of 2019 as the country absorbed the effects of a sales tax hike and a powerful typhoon. It was biggest contraction compared to the previous quarter since 2014. Then there's Germany. The biggest economy in Europe ground to a halt right before the coronavirus outbreak set in, dragged down by the country's struggling factories. The closely-watched ZEW Indicator of Economic Sentiment in Germany decreased sharply for February, reflecting fears that the virus could hit world trade. Bank of America economist Ethan Harris points to the number of smaller economies that are hurting, too. Hong Kong is in recession and Singapore could soon suffer a similar fate. Fourth quarter GDP data from Indonesia hit a three-year low, while Malaysia had its worst reading in a decade, he noted to clients on Friday.

Some of the world's biggest economies are on the brink of recession

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

A second Israeli who returned to Israel on Friday from the Diamond Princess cruise ship has tested positive Sunday for the virus, according to Sheba Medical Center. The individual is in isolation at the hospital. The medical center said that the individual did not contract the virus in Israel. The news comes as hundreds of Israelis have called a special hotline focused on treating people suspected of having contracted coronavirus, according to Magen David Adom. The Health Ministry has canceled upcoming trips to Poland for thousands of Israeli students, and only Israelis will run in Friday’s Tel Aviv Marathon. A mild panic had erupted across Israel on Sunday following an announcement on Saturday that nine members of a large group of South Koreans who had been in the country from February 8 to 15 were diagnosed with coronavirus and might have had the virus while in Israel. The South Koreans travelled across the country, from the North to the South with stops in Jerusalem and Bethlehem, among other places.

Second coronavirus case in Israel confirmed, as panic increases

Busy news day today.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asgaard
a reply to: misfit312

[NL here] I've started stocking up for my family (My mother won't listen, so thanks for that Italian store photo. Maybe she get's the point now.). I've already bought dozens of bottled water. Lots of rice, pasta, noodles, canned food etc. Gonna do another run tomorrow, and the day after.

My primary concern are my mother and grandmother. My mother won't listen and nobody ever visits my grandmother anymore, let alone care for her. I hate them for that. She raised the whole family for # sake. Where is loyalty these days?

When I was 10 years old my grandfather died, sadly, way too early. Shortly before that he asked for me to come on the phone. He then asked me to take care of my mother and grandmother. I promised him to do that. He knew it was his time, but obviously didn't tell me that. I guess, this is it.

Good man! Godspeed to you

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

A respected opinion, following the disease.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
America, it's now in your heartland...

325 People in Michigan Being Monitored Over Coronavirus: Health Officials

Source

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Maker22

VIruses aren't transmitted well on planes. There was a study once that swabbed the tray tables on 8 different planes. Four out of 6 tested positive for MRSA and norovirus, but people weren't getting any sicker on those planes than any other time. Germs can survive roughly 72 hours on plastic surfaces, but they don't necessarily get up into the air where they can infect someone, especially if they're careful.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: 1questioner

It’s been in our heartland since it landed at Eppley.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phelan15
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

When you work yourself to exhaustion your immune system weakens, and you become susceptible to the virus you're working to stop, and then you can fight it off. I'm actually not surprised to see a bunch of health care workers going down to this.

Very good point and given CCP mentality makes it all the more worse.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
It sure seems to be taking off outside of China like people had feared.

Where are the posters who kept pointing to the fact that deaths outside China were not happening ?

This next week will be telling.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Train stopped (from Italy) with two suspected Coronavirus cases at the Austrian border

www.oe24.at...

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
a reply to: butcherguy
What does Olive Leaf Extract do?

Lowers blood pressure. I have high blood pressure and am concerned that my meds supply chain might be interrupted.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

"But how long will it take the people without food who are starving to get too weak to do anything about you and your supplies? "

I would estimate it would take most usual people 21 days, on average. There is a reason that the show 'Naked and Afraid' chose 21 days for their time limit. And the more vigorous will last longer still …. so the average is only an approximation of the halfway point.

The toughest 10% could last a lot longer....

How strong do you really need to be if you have a gun?

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
"It Will Be Really, Really Bad": China Faces Financial Armageddon With 85% Of Businesses Set To Run Out Of Cash In 3 Months

Zerohedge

Zerohedge doing what they do best, financial analysis. From other reading and experience living in China I find this to be close to the mark. Company owners in China, always interested in their personal wealth, keep their companies cash poor and cook the books to pay less taxes this way.

It may be worse than ZH thinks if many Companies around the world pivot supply chains out of a China due to virus.

From the article - when one aluminum factory reopened only 1/3rd of the staff returned. They were either too scared or were under lockdown or quarantine.
edit on 23-2-2020 by SpartanStoic because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: elitegamer23
It sure seems to be taking off outside of China like people had feared.

Where are the posters who kept pointing to the fact that deaths outside China were not happening ?

This next week will be telling.

The question will be if people drop dead like they were or appeared to be in China. We didn't say deaths were happening, but that initial stats showed a lower death toll than what China was experiencing. If it continues that way, we'll see.

The problem will be in how fast and how overwhelming it blows up.

It may be that China's population density made things worse, or maybe not. Right now, Japan, South Korea and Italy will tell us a lot more because they won't have reason to hide like China has been.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: GlobalGold

This is the thing to watch for.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

I'm in midtown Omaha. Blocks from UNMC and the only thing I have heard is that those who are quarantined are in stable condition.

top topics

<< 240  241  242    244  245  246 >>

join