It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 245
<< 242  243  244    246  247  248 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngelsDecay

originally posted by: BowBells
a reply to: liejunkie01

There weren't any cases there though were there? You cant put your whole life on hold for some 'maybes' my sisters best friend went to Thailand 10 days ago, my best friends family are holidaying in Malaysia.. now they are places I would definitely NOT be going!

I'm flying on Friday to the Canaries..currently no reported cases there (well one recovered) so I'm sticking to my girly 3 nighter..

I don't want to destroy your dreams but since two days almost no plane lands in Canarias airports due to the most extreme sand storms these last decades... Forget the virus, right now I would rather be enjoying Thai or Malaysia than hellish canary Islands...

You also can die with your lungs full of desert dust and horrible breath issues... Here is the clip

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AngelsDecay

I know my friends are in Tenerife right now.. I'm hoping by friday it will have passed! 🤞

Back on topic:

diamond princess- 4 more confirmed in UK

According to this they were tested in Japan but results didnt come back until today so unclear if positive when travelling or not. Lucky for them that they didnt know until on home soil I guess. Haven't seen any other news on the UK couple that were sent to the Japanese hospital and ended up with pneumonia (the Abels)

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Disturbing screaming coming from Wuhan - Hopefully debunked.

www.youtube.com...

I saw a video like this a while back, and although disturbing, the screams could easily have been added.

Now it seems there is a translation of an older one:

punemirror.indiatimes.com...

Actually it's people chanting and singing and screaming support to each other. "Wuhan stay strong", "Stay strong" etc

Just in case anyone else sees a similar video and worries, hopefully this helps.

My thoughts go out to the people of China and their admirable strength and spirit.

Edit: The video with translation is further down on the page linked above, here's link to that clip in particular:
youtu.be...
edit on 23-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: added detail

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

There weren't any cases there though were there? You cant put your whole life on hold for some 'maybes' my sisters best friend went to Thailand 10 days ago, my best friends family are holidaying in Malaysia.. now they are places I would definitely NOT be going!

I'm flying on Friday to the Canaries..currently no reported cases there (well one recovered) so I'm sticking to my girly 3 nighter..

"You can't put your whole life on hold....."
yeah, probably that is true. But is your "whole life" not worthy of logical and tactical circumspection, vis a vis everything you are reading and hearing right now? And, btw, I say this out of concern for YOU. This is just not the time to rebel against warning, and everything you are reading that is relatively available to you, and insisting that you won't change a single thing in your behavior or plans.....cause that then constitutes you changing "your whole life."
regards and pls stay safe,
tetra

ETA: changing one's WHOLE LIFE to me, means a SEA change. Not a travel change for the relatively close future.
edit on 23-2-2020 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

Thank you for your concern, I know it might seem crazy to some but I feel safe heading there. If we had booked a city break to Rome we definitely wouldnt be going. Ill take all the precautions I can whilst travelling (hand washing/not touching face - will attempt to avoid the plane toilet etc) and will probably stay clear if any uncooked foods. I've also got antibacterial wipes to wipe over my knives and forms etc.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Speaking of Business
I would not be surprised to see a vaccine that required a life-time prescription
Maybe the reason the bumbling WHO is dragging it's feet
Ulterior motives need to be considered .

edit on 23-2-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   

a reply to: tetra50

Thank you for your concern, I know it might seem crazy to some but I feel safe heading there. If we had booked a city break to Rome we definitely wouldnt be going. Ill take all the precautions I can whilst travelling (hand washing/not touching face - will attempt to avoid the plane toilet etc) and will probably stay clear if any uncooked foods. I've also got antibacterial wipes to wipe over my knives and forms etc.

But yet I would wish you consider one other thing.....in the case of possible pandemics and food shortages, an island is no place to be, especially if travel then becomes suspended.
regards and stay safe,
tet

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67
"Alert in Romania! A woman from Italy has all the symptoms of coronavirus! Suspicion of illness in Buzau"

*-bit dramatic, but that's the title...*

www.capital.ro...

Lady from Italy arrives in Romania on bus, called hospital with symptoms, had contact with suspected case in Italy.

Here’s the translation to the link...

Alert in Romania! A woman from Italy has all the symptoms of coronavirus! Suspicion of illness in Buzau

Last hour! A woman from Buzau, arrived in Romania today, called the ambulance as soon as she got off the bus after presenting the symptoms of coronavirus. From the first information it appears that the woman had come into contact with a person who is suspected of the killer virus in Italy. The authorities of Buzon are on alert.

A follow up to the train being stop at Austrian border:
Austria’s railway company says it has stopped all train traffic to and from Italy over virus concerns
www.washingtonpost.com... l-train-traffic-to-and-from-italy-over-virus-concerns/2020/02/23/3229fbfa-567f-11ea-8efd-0f904bdd8057_story.html

Unfortunately it's behind a paywall but it's my only source at this time.

Edit: Another source:
news.sky.com...

edit on 23-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: fixed link

edit on 23-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: failing to fix link

edit on 23-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: added detail

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   

edit on 23-2-2020 by BowBells because: Not needed

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

Most bills all paid via smart phone in China. Not an issue, most Chinese people are habitual savers and could and do go many months without income.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

"Alert in Romania! A woman from Italy has all the symptoms of coronavirus! Suspicion of illness in Buzau"

www.capital.ro...

Lady from Italy arrives in Romania on bus, called hospital with symptoms, had contact with suspected case in Italy.

Alert in Romania! A woman from Italy has all the symptoms of coronavirus! Suspicion of illness in Buzau

Last hour! A woman from Buzau, arrived in Romania today, called the ambulance as soon as she got off the bus after presenting the symptoms of coronavirus. From the first information it appears that the woman had come into contact with a person who is suspected of the killer virus in Italy. The authorities of Buzon are on alert.

Austria’s railway company says it has stopped all train traffic to and from Italy over virus concerns
www.washingtonpost.com... l-train-traffic-to-and-from-italy-over-virus-concerns/2020/02/23/3229fbfa-567f-11ea-8efd-0f904bdd8057_story.html

Strange, there is no mention of this in Austria local news sites; that I could find. Only western media reporting.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Exactly the type of attitude I was alluding to in my previous post.

It doesnt have to be in the islands to get the virus, or to be in a situation where you are directly affected. An airport is the absolute last place I would feel safe visiting at the moment.

The idea that you have not even thought that, concerns me the most.

It just isnt real enough for you yet, and to be completely honest, I hope it doesn't get real for you. But by simply traveling in these times at the moment is subjecting yourself to the possibility of being quarantined from someone else's reckless actions. It's not just about acquiring the virus. It is possible that you could be forced to being detained for an amount of time.

I wish you all the best, but a girls night out is hardly worth the risk in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow

www.capital.ro...

Strange, there is no mention of this in Austria local news sites; that I could find. Only western media reporting.

I agree, bit odd. usually my first source is a local one that needs translating.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: elitegamer23
It sure seems to be taking off outside of China like people had feared.

Where are the posters who kept pointing to the fact that deaths outside China were not happening ?

This next week will be telling.

I've seen many pull a apparent 180 right quick in posting style, disparagement of those trying to warn others and in so-called tamping down of information that could be construed to panic the public lest the markets go south.

Not a one has come along and said "gee I was wrong" to minimize the viral spread.

Meanwhile Trump Furious about Diamond Princess passengers being brought in to US with positive tests.

Probably same group being talked about going to Alabama in my neck of the woods.

edit on 23-2-2020 by Phoenix because: add comment

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

kurier.at is reporting, for example.

There were 2 germans in the train who had signs of a flu. They left the trai in Verone and were, however, tested negative in the hospital. The train meanwhile continued and then, at the border, it was denied immigration to Austria. The passengers can move freely and even leave the train, though.

Austria has now suspended all train traffic on THIS route (Brenner route).
edit on 23-2-2020 by carport because: typo

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: carport

Ah, thank you. Missed that one.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
New commentary paper by Dr. Who (@DrTedros)

Scientists are sprinting to outpace the novel coronavirus

Some excerpts...

The forum generated a research roadmap, due to be published at the end of February, 2020, to develop tools to help control the outbreak, reduce deaths, and minimise damage to economies and the social fabric of communities.

[...]we know that SARS-CoV-2 came from an animal. Researchers have also found that approximately 81% of known infections can be classified as mild and that 2·3% result in death.

After our meetings with China’s President Xi Jinping in Beijing, WHO agreed with the Chinese Government that a mission of experts in epidemiology, laboratories, research, and development would visit the country to improve understanding of the outbreak to guide global response efforts.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

Makes me wonder how the 5k-bed facility td was working on in Biloxi is coming along....

Yeah I wonder that too and wonder if Tennisdawg will come back?
Come back Tennisdawg!

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Isn't the FEMA facility in Anniston,Alabama a part of the former Ft. McClellan? Which oddly enough used to be the home of both the US Army's MP, and NBC corps. NBC= Nuke, Biological, and Chemical.
The Fort was decommissioned in the mid 90's, but I know from personal experience that the rifle ranges were still being used by Alabama and Georgia National Guard in the early 2000's. Seems like Anniston is where a large part of the US's chemical warfare agents were incinerated as well. There used to be mock city with sewers and other infrastructure for MP training. But unless it's been renovated by FEMA all that stuff should have degraded heavily over 25 years. Does anyone know what the sites capabilities are now?

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: cirrus12
That’s too bad TD isn’t posting, thanks to the a-holes who ran him/her off. Times like this we need info from people in the know on ground zero.

<< 242  243  244    246  247  248 >>

join