It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 241
<< 238  239  240    242  243  244 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Global Times (official CCP mouthpiece) on 22nd published this...

New Chinese study indicates novel coronavirus did not originate in Huanan seafood market

Global Times

A new study by Chinese researchers indicates the novel coronavirus may have begun human-to-human transmission in late November from a place other than the Huanan seafood market in Wuhan.

We were ahead of this and posted this earlier when the original study came out.

This is a significant event because once GT publishes this the only thing we lack is official CCP announcement about origins of virus. Based on how CCP and it’s propaganda arm operate I would expect something official to come down in the next 2 weeks. This article is to pave the way much like things are “leaked” before an announcement in the US.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
photo from supposed Italian grocery store

Also here is a link to the Italy Reddit thread where they are tracking the virus.

edit on 23-2-2020 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: hades84

Actually Van is very famous with earthquakes, but who knows. By the way tonight there was another earthquake (5.7) in İran-Turkey border. Strange times indeed.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLaBelle

originally posted by: Cmajlz
a reply to: kwakakev

Since this a disease not seen much in most of our countries this drug will probably have a minimal availability. Don't expect to import any of it from China. With a limited supply don't hope to see it in your neighborhood pharmacy.

The drug was discovered to be helpful with the sars outbreak in 2003, by a Belgian virologist called 'Van Ranst' and again showed promising last month with tests on covid19. They urged China to start live testing on ppl.
China did not discover anything!

anyway, the good news is that this malaria drug is very easy and fast to produce, worldwide.

How long does it take to get FDA approval in an emergency? Anyone have an idea?

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Cmajlz

Doctors are allowed to prescribe drugs for other effects not primarily intended or used by the drug as long as they state the reason in the treatment plan. Getting insurance to cover it is a whole other story. Once they declare a pandemic they can get unrestricted use of all kinds of treatments.

I’m not sure how it works for right now, I think it needs to be upgraded as a major biological threat to the population or get separate approval with each institution.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

It looks like what we've been saying for the past month on this thread is finally going mainstream. From the N.Y. Post...

Don’t buy China’s story: The coronavirus may have leaked from a lab

The evidence points to SARS-CoV-2 research being carried out at the Wuhan Institute of Virology. The virus may have been carried out of the lab by an infected worker or crossed over into humans when they unknowingly dined on a lab animal. Whatever the vector, Beijing authorities are now clearly scrambling to correct the serious problems with the way their labs handle deadly pathogens.

China has unleashed a plague on its own people. It’s too early to say how many in China and other countries will ultimately die for the failures of their country’s state-run microbiology labs, but the human cost will be high.

N.Y. Post Article

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: misfit312

“Innate immunity”?? Am I reading Deyon Guo’s profile right? What is that pertaining to exactly?

edit on 23-2-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
random thought I hope has been covered but I missed it in a fast moving threat...

Biting bugs, mosquitos, biting flies etc can they transmit or has anyone even asked that yet?

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

A vaccine gone wrong has been hypothesized a lot in the thread. I posted a news article about a government owned Institution in Wuhan at this post:

However, maybe this is what some here are saying, a vaccine that went wrong, after all it has been stated that China has had lots of problems with faulty vaccines. Just found this from 2018 Chinese Parents Protest Bad Vaccines for Hundreds of Thousands check this out:

Another company involved in the scandal, the state-owned Wuhan Institute of Biological Products in central China, is accused of producing more than 400,000 vaccines that did not meet standards.

While regulators forced the Wuhan Institute of Biological Products to pay a fine, many parents express concern that the authorities have not punished the company more severely because of its government ties.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

Non specific defenses, first line white blood cells like neutrophils which are like suicide bombers or kamikaze attacks. They also include all the cells except specific T and B cells developed for that pathogen like Natural Killer cells, dendritic cells, even the pathogen specific ones like eosinophils which target allergens and parasites.

These guys go into tissue and find out what’s going on then destroy infected cells or pathogens and present them (destroyed material) to the lymph nodes and T and B cells so they can build specific attacks like antibodies and recognize them in the future. Undeveloped T and B cells do a Rock Paper Scissors dance with the unrecognized antigen until they find something that works, then they clone that T cell or B cell and send it out to neutralize the pathogen.

Your body structure is also counted, skin, mucous, cilia, tears and even your boogers or stomach acid/mucous.

edit on 23-2-2020 by TheAMEDDDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

From what I remember of the discussion earlier was that viruses do not normally circulate freely in the bloodstream, instead they latch onto cells to infect. However, It would seem to me that if the virus is also found in feces & urine, that blood could be a possibility. Yet another aspect of the virus that needs further investigation for sure!

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: misfit312

[NL here] I've started stocking up for my family (My mother won't listen, so thanks for that Italian store photo. Maybe she get's the point now.). I've already bought dozens of bottled water. Lots of rice, pasta, noodles, canned food etc. Gonna do another run tomorrow, and the day after.

My primary concern are my mother and grandmother. My mother won't listen and nobody ever visits my grandmother anymore, let alone care for her. I hate them for that. She raised the whole family for # sake. Where is loyalty these days?

When I was 10 years old my grandfather died, sadly, way too early. Shortly before that he asked for me to come on the phone. He then asked me to take care of my mother and grandmother. I promised him to do that. He knew it was his time, but obviously didn't tell me that. I guess, this is it.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: GlobalGold

They can spread in blood, even lymph or interstitial fluids and pretty much anywhere. The cell produces virus until it destroys itself, basically exploding and releasing more of the virus or virions into whatever tissue or fluid is around then they go and look for more of their target receptor. They only care about reproducing and spreading genetic material.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc

They can spread in blood, even lymph or interstitial fluids and pretty much anywhere. The cell produces virus until it destroys itself, basically exploding and releasing more of the virus or virions into whatever tissue or fluid is around then they go and look for more of their target receptor. They only care about reproducing and spreading genetic material.

Then biting insects 'could' possibly be carriers?

link   
a reply to: redpassion

I hope not but researchers that include MDs, PHDs, post docs and all kinds of other certifications that work with these pathogens seem to be open to that idea. It’s either that or animal crossover, nothing else it can be, period. We work in a research university.
edit on 23-2-2020 by TheAMEDDDoc because: (no reason given)

link   
IrishHalf, you have a PM.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
a reply to: SouthernGift

Put link to a WBRC story last night on the Anniston move but it was seemingly roundly ignored.

The location is 30 minutes from me and really cant think of a worse place to risk any chance of virus getting out as Anniston AL is a very popular stop-over point between Atlanta GA and Birmingham AL along I-20. Fact is one can be in Dallas TX within 12 hour drive to put in perspective.

Very heavily traveled corridor to say the least.

Yea, I read about that yesterday. Do you know if this is the only FEMA facility camp that is being used in the USA, so far?
I believe if according to CDC Dr. Messonnier where she said the US may be forced to invoke quarantine measures like China. If that comes true I think FEMA would be activated and will run/control the operations.

edit on 23-2-2020 by EndtheMadnessNow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

Thanks for info! I was not really thinking insects as origin of virus, but more aiding the current human to human spread

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Asgaard

Hamsteren!!!!

Lol....the population density in the Netherlands is 1,316 people per mi2, one of the highest in the world. Our stores are not going to run out and if one person gets the virus, we all get it.

Peace

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

We better hope insects don't spread it because then it very well could mutate to become more deadly and keep spreading despite a high enough kill count that would ordinarily restrict a virus.

top topics

<< 238  239  240    242  243  244 >>

join