It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 210
<< 207  208  209    211  212  213 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: 727Sky

Wow is it time to panic yet.....

do so in the morning hours or after 11 pm at night but you might hurry, we just got from shopping here and the rice pallets are empty. this is in my country home town in Japan

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: GlobalGold
as soon as all passengers are off ship, Diamond Princes will to undergo a "deep cleaning" process & will be "fully sanitized" before heading out on next voyage... maybe good time to get a discount fare?

I'm game, but they said no masks will be available !

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Maybe as this is another damning article about China hiding, lying, the true extent of the outbreak which many have suggested is the case..
www.zerohedge.com...

China's desperate attempts to manipulate coronavirus "data" lower to ease public fears about a runaway pandemic and get more people back to work, are crossing into the outright laughable, if not surreal.

As a reminder, earlier this week, China's Hubei province where the quarantined epicenter of the covid-19 epidemic, Wuhan, is located, once again changed the definition of a coronavirus "infection" in pursuit of a lower number of new cases by defining a case as "confirmed" if it stems from a positive result in a nucleic acid test, not if it was clinically diagnosed by physicians, a reversal of the definition change it adopted just a week earlier which resulted in the biggest daily increase yet, when nearly 15,000 new cases were reported. Sure enough, this led to a plunge in new cases, with Hubei reporting just 411 new cases on Thursday and 349 new cases on Friday, sharply lower from the 1,000+ cases reported on previous days.

There is just one problem: at the same time as Hubei was priding itself in its sharp drop off in "confirmed" cases (carefully 'doctored' definition of new cases notwithstanding), a new breakout was been observed in the local Hubei prison system. And, problematically, for the brand new leadership of the Hubei Health Commission, it appeared that none of these cases were actually accounted for in the official province-level data.

Oops.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: deltaalphanovember

I see Africa has it's first case, not good.

Good morning, I just woke up on this beautiful rainy day in Johannesburg.

Egypt has had a confirmed case for at least a week. Any new African countries that I am not aware of?

thanks

I wish I knew more, if this takes off in Africa I suggest you move here to Australia...

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 12:28 AM
link   

a reply to: Bicent

I could write you a riff for those lyrics if you like...

I just recorded this for the corona virus.

app.box.com...

need head phones i think

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
I'm watching a live interview with one of the passengers from last night's flight, Jerry Goldman?, who just admitted she and her husband lied about being clear from testing.

He's now very ill and she's awaiting news about his condition and her own.

WTF???

So much to unpack there.

Well, here's the video:

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

do so in the morning hours or after 11 pm at night but you might hurry, we just got from shopping here and the rice pallets are empty. this is in my country home town in Japan

So are people panic buying or supplies cant get in ?

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: deltaalphanovember

I see Africa has it's first case, not good.

Good morning, I just woke up on this beautiful rainy day in Johannesburg.

Egypt has had a confirmed case for at least a week. Any new African countries that I am not aware of?

thanks

I wish I knew more, if this takes off in Africa I suggest you move here to Australia...

Equatorial Guinea
Coronavirus suspects in Africa are on the rise, with the virus now suspected to have reached Equatorial Guinea through travellers from China. A total of 26 passengers that arrived to the country from China have been quarantined. Six of the quarantined were discharged on 12 February.

Equatorial Guinea announced its plans to donate $2m to China on 07 February to support its fight against the virus, reported the BBC.

Sudan
Sudan registered two suspected cases of coronavirus infection on 29 January, becoming the second country to report coronavirus in Africa. The two patients, a man and a woman, had recently visited Wuhan, the epicentre of the coronavirus outbreak. They arrived in the country through Ethiopian Airlines and Egypt Air from China.

The suspected cases were identified through precautionary and monitoring measures implemented at the Khartoum Airport, Radio Dabanga reported. The two cases have been reported to be negative. A total of 266 passengers arriving from China were screened and examined in the states of Khartoum and El Gezira. Further, 200 students from Wuhan are set to arrive in the country from various parts of China.

Checkpoints have been placed at various airports and ports including the Khartoum Airport, Port Sudan Airport, and Port Sudan Port. Two isolation centres have been prepared at the Khartoum Hospital and the Khartoum airport.

www.pharmaceutical-technology.com...

Only suspected cases so far. Thank god..
edit on 2/22/2020 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Nice one.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

Well then, really not good.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brick17
a reply to: Bicent

I'll try to answer your question a wee bit from a tactical military point of view (that is there use and advantage within a battle space/forward edge of battle area). Firstly you have to remember Chemical/ Biological weapons are outlawed by the LOAC (Law of Armed Conflict)/Geneva Convention. The view I'm giving is also that of using this type of an attack against an opposing armed force, not a civil population. I'm UK military. Apologies for the crap tying, predictive text and sausage fingers, can't be bothered to correct.

CBRN (Chemical, Biological, Radiologiacl, Nuclear) weapons can be delivered in any number of way by various munitions and delivery methods, depending on the intended use, desired effect etc etc. I'm not going to discuss Radiological or nuclear here.

Both Chemical and Biological weapons are primarily used to deny the enemy use of an area (they may not even occupy at the time), slow the enemy down, hindered their operations. Operating in such an environment in stills fear, caution, degrades effectiveness and has the potential to cause casualties.

For an attack to be effect it must be delivered in quantity and the agent must be in a strength to cause death within a short period of time.

Chemical agents are good for this but don't last long. The advantage would be from residual vapours as the agent evaporates creating an additional threat.

Biological is probably the most deadly but not the most effect for a battlefield delivery, it's must be high in strength, think Anthrax for example.

Not sure if I explained that very well.

Remember I'm not looking at this from a strategic point of view.

It isn't much of a weapon if you use a virus that is slow acting and infects everyone, even your own, with no known treatment or cure and is not able to be controlled. That is not the purpose of a Chemical/Biological weapon in warfare at a tactical level.

Yes. (Correct me if I'm wrong please)

But not all wars are to conquer the enemy territory, kill most of them or just wipe them off of the face of the earth. Not fought in a battlefield also. In an economic war, IMHO (not a military person here), the point would be to incapacitate the work force of a country, that is to say, the people. The thing with all this is how to protect your people from the bio-weapon? Secretly vaccinate most of them? If this isn't possible, then just have trust that your industries are mostly automated? (This has sense up to a certain point, because not all jobs can be automated, and you definitely need people to do a lot of the work). ----------------/Tin hat ON Unless the ones that released the bio-weapon has an agenda that does not care about this and wants chaos for another economical/political or social purpose. And are not fighting as a country-to-country, but a "rouge"/deep state/"New World Order" group. /Tin hat OFF

However, maybe this is what some here are saying, a vaccine that went wrong, after all it has been stated that China has had lots of problems with faulty vaccines. Just found this from 2018 Chinese Parents Protest Bad Vaccines for Hundreds of Thousands check this out:

Another company involved in the scandal, the state-owned Wuhan Institute of Biological Products in central China, is accused of producing more than 400,000 vaccines that did not meet standards.

While regulators forced the Wuhan Institute of Biological Products to pay a fine, many parents express concern that the authorities have not punished the company more severely because of its government ties.

By the way, the 2 year old in Chile that was suspected to have coronavirus turned out negative.
edit on 22/2/2020 by redpassion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Nice one.

Thank you so much.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

That's an interesting site to collect all that data. Don't suppose you been keeping a running tally on coronavirus fed expenditures?

Ok, home from work.

Some of the contracts were to sole providers, meaning there were no bids listed and these contracts were awarded due to the fact that the specific companies were the only companies in the world to offer whichever product or service for which each particular company was contracted; these contracts (three of them, I think) did not have dollar values listed for their relevant product or service. If one were particularly interested, and had the time/impetus, one could probably find out the dollar amounts for the contracts that did not have the numbers listed by filing a FOIA request.

The above being said, the dollars spent for which there were figures total to $1,147,965.01.

Chump change for the federal government, but a million plus, is still a million plus.

a reply to: Adphil28

Each contract has the particulars of what sort of product or service is being sought, so all one would have to do is follow the appropriate links in order to see where Uncle Sam is spending north of a million taxpayer dollars.

Now to try and catch up on the thread to see what has been posted whilst I was working.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oleman
a reply to: Rich Z
After watching President Trump at the CO Springs rally tonight of 8000 people, shaking hands and hugging a bunch of people, he did not seem like he is keeping us in the dark about anything he knows about... Very confusering.

Well, I think Mr. Trump needs to pay more attention to this and figure out where the breakdown in information sharing is happening.

It looks pretty likely now that he is going to be the POTUS during a pandemic that engulfs the USA. Meaning he will be sitting in the hot seat at the desk where this buck is going to be stopping. EVERYTHING that goes wrong will be blamed on him whether true or not. I think we can accept that as an unavoidable fact. As such, this could have a bearing on his re-election chances.

People who become sick will be angry if they think enough wasn't done to protect them. People who lose a loved one are going to be looking for a scapegoat. Keeping us in the dark concerning where the contagion hotspots are so they could be avoided, if possible, and withholding the information I would need to know when it is time to hunker down behind a locked gate, is plenty enough to get me pretty darn angry.

IMHO.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

www.pharmaceutical-technology.com...

Only suspected cases so far. Thank god..

Yes there have been many suspected cases but none confirmed. Of course this means nothing as I very much doubt the testing capability of these countries as their medical infrastructure is suspect, at best.

South Africa is a bit better with the best private medical care in Africa, but it would be quickly overwhelmed. Let's not speak about the public hospitals as they are a joke at the best of times.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Rich Z

Was thinking, could they be keeping President Trump in the dark also? It wouldn't surprise me at all.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Looks like no immunity after you recover as an individual has been reinfected after supposedly being cured.
www.zerohedge.com...

In retrospect, the CDC will soon be proven correct in its dire warning that repatriating a full plane of both infected and healthy individuals could be a catastrophic error, because it now appears that not only can the virus remain latent for as long as 42 days, 4 weeks longer than traditionally assumed, resulting in numerous false negative cases as infected carrier slip across borders undetected, but far more ominously, it now appears that the diseases can re-infect recently "cured" patients, because as Taiwan News reports, a Chinese patient who just recovered from the Wuhan coronavirus (COVID-19) has been infected for the second time in the province of Sichuan, according to local health officials.

On Wednesday (Feb. 19), the People's Daily reported that a man in Sichuan's capital Chengdu had tested positive for the virus during a regular check-up just ten days after being discharged from the hospital. The report said he had previously been cleared of the virus by medical staff.

The Sichuan Health Commission confirmed the news on Friday (Feb. 21) and issued a community warning announcement in the patient's neighborhood. The announcement said that the man and his family had been transported to a nearby health facility on Thursday morning (Feb. 20) and that health officials had sanitized the entire community, reported Liberty Times

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
SARS-like cluster of circulating bat coronavirus pose threat for human emergence

This paper from 2016 describes the process and effects of altering a bat coronavirus with a spike protein that attaches to the ACE2 receptor in humans. The name of this designer virus is SHC014-CoV. When it comes to the issues of natural or man made this sets of serious alarm bells for being a man made intermediary.

A 'Gain of Function' policy was introduced by people with the foresight of what could happen when making dangerous virus and bacteria even more dangerous.

While offering preparation against future emerging viruses, this approach must be considered in the context of the US government-mandated pause on gain of function (GOF) studies...

the potential to prepare and mitigate future outbreaks must be weighed against the risk of creating more dangerous pathogens. In developing policies moving forward, it is important to consider the value of the data generated by these studies and if they warrant further study or the inherent risks involved...

Experiments with the full length and chimeric SHC014 recombinant viruses were initiated and performed prior to the gain of function research funding pause and have since been reviewed and approved for continued study by NIH. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the NIH.

In trying to find some motive for this outbreak, the quest of science and looking for answers is a contributing factor. Planning, preparations and learning more about the immune system is all a part of it. Zhengli-Li Shi and Xing-Yi Ge both worked on this paper along with other scientists.

It does leave a feeling like the lost stories of Atlantis, a place where knowledge grew faster than wisdom and it all got messed up.

This certainly does seem like a real life example of the Pandora's Box myth, does it not?

This really should be a wake up call, no matter how it ends up, for these people in charge of the laboratories working with this kind of stuff. There obviously are not enough controls in place to keep some egghead who can't see the inherent danger of what he or she is playing with from killing us all in the pursuit of a "what if" experiment in the lab.

IMHO.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

we generally have a 60 day supply of goods from ALL ASIAN countries here.

Hey Mod's, much thanks !

So are people panic buying or supplies cant get in ?

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

originally posted by: Rich Z

originally posted by: JSpader

originally posted by: Kenzo
a reply to: AngelsDecay

Here`s more :

Coronavirus Patients in China to be Treated with High-Dose Vitamin C

Vitamin C Infusion for the Treatment of Severe 2019-nCoV Infected Pneumonia

Lucky me. Since part 1, I have been loading up on Vit C (500mg to 1000) a day.

I thought I read somewhere that ALL Vitamin C supplements are made in China, and have been for a while now. So I wonder how long the supply will hold out?

I just checked the label on my bottle of GNC Vitamin C Crystals and it says it's "Made in the USA."

And that very well might be true. For the packaging.

top topics

<< 207  208  209    211  212  213 >>

join