It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 123
<< 120  121  122    124  125  126 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Mateo96

There were photos of doctors doing some sort of nasal swab to test suspected cases... the virus seems to target lower respiratory so it could be that testing methods are testing areas that don't have the virus, or the sensitivity to detect the virus in the upper respiratory area

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

That's just weird ...

I know, right? It's so weird, also, he only had symptoms during the first days, he was simply administered some "generic flu medication" and stopped the symptoms altogether.

On top of that, they did a public press conference every single day while they were quarantined, and they always stated that they were all "perfectly fine" in terms of health.

Example of one of the daily press conferences:
youtu.be...

In fact, they spent the quarantine on the hospital room's terrace, playing cards and sunbathing, you can see them in this video, all five of them:
youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Oh yawn!

You:

Did I ask for 'proof'?
......................erm
You:

where is your evidence
You:

Until we have details on the demographics, this is pure speculation
You:

Nationalities? Ages/health status'?
You:

your 'guarantee' is not worth much at this point

Now please stop filling this forum with nonsense. Hush up, grown ups are talking.

edit on 18-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: added detail

edit on 18-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: bit of this and that

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

Everyone’s assuming that (maybe forgetting),
About animals during quarantine ( I’m not on about pets!)
As an example:
the plague taught us that it was rats carried fleas, and the fleas helped spread the disease
( not blaming rats or fleas on this ),
but I’d suggest that if as some posts say this is detectable in feceas and waste then what about birds like seagulls, and blackbirds etc? ( ones that are happy picking over rubbish and waste!) I don’t think they stop at borders and wait to be tested and cleared as do other animals!, which begs the question that if birds can carry h5n1, can they carry and spread this?, if so then stopping the movement of people is as much use as taking someone’s temperature when their asymptomatic ?
Just a worrying thought today!

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

There were photos of doctors doing some sort of nasal swab to test suspected cases... the virus seems to target lower respiratory so it could be that testing methods are testing areas that don't have the virus, or the sensitivity to detect the virus in the upper respiratory area

Dunno, I'd expect antibodies to show up literally everywhere in the body, and since the latter tests were done with the test kit and following the WHO instructions, I'd say it's safe to assume they knew what to look for.

On top of that, some of the tests were made by Tenerife, while the others by Spain's capital city, Madrid, and there were no discrepancies.

By the way, since this case, some drug stores have run out of facial masks, apparently it's mostly Asian people buying them to send them to China. Also, there is a hotline to ask questions about the virus and to ask for help if you think you have symptoms, only 108 people or so have called them since January 28th (when the tourists were quarantined).

And some people are kind of angry in social media because a small portion of the population needs masks in order to breathe when the sandstorms hit the islands, and since some places have run out of them, they have no other choice but to stay indoors during the storms we had these last weeks.
edit on 18-2-2020 by Mateo96 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2020 by Mateo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Adphil28

I agree. Nature will find a way to put us in our place unless we find a way to work with it rather than fight it, and it has no borders. The vision of a planet where nature is conquered is a bit ugly to me. But we are where we are, hopefully things will change and for the better.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

That’s pcr swab for testing, done correctly it’s shown no errors for the doctors carrying out the test procedure here in Germany. ( its only doctors here that are allowed to do the swabbing too, it’s proven effective at detecting the virus within about an hour according to the health officials here , but sputum is also tested and as the virus starts in the lungs and multiplies I’d guess ( have to check ) that it would show there in a bigger %, blood tests have proven to have delayed response on testing as it takes time for the body to react to the initial infection

edit on 18-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   
As of last Friday, China's National Health Commission (NHC) says at least 1,716 healthcare workers nationwide had been infected by the virus.

And most of the healthcare providers treating COVID19 are wearing some pretty heavy duty PPE. Id sure like to know how this virus is spreading to them so much more than the average 'flu'.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Adphil28

Birds can carry H5N1 because it was originally an avian virus, so they have the proper receptors to be attacked by it. This one is different. If you want to worry about animal vectors, you need animals with similar attachment sites -- pigs, cats, ferrets. Those have similar ACE2.
edit on 18-2-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
China announces that its business is being negatively impacted by 2/3 of the Chinese economy almost shut down (source: February 18 (King World News) – Peter Boockvar)

I suggest, predict.... China will soon 'change-Its-tune' about the Coronavirus and the Quarantine of China citizens in a losing tactic to combat the spread of the Virus/Disease...will be Reversed !

the Communist Party should soon be telling the Factories to re-open, for the workers to 'roll-up-your-sleeves' and work... for wages/ for economic growth & for defeating the Coronavirus by diluting the Diseases' strength with passing the virus back-&-forth to each other as an immunity develops among the population in China...

the Central Planners' will be soon making a Great Leap Forward in this positive action
(even as the USA & other western economies decline in old, ineffective, Quarantines & shutdowns)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I have been wondering about the hazmat protective suits that people are wearing who come in direct contact with people who have/or suspected to have the coronavirus.
There have been all kinds of reported cases of people who were wearing protective gear falling ill to the virus.
For example today it was announced today that the head of a hospital in Wuhan died from the disease. Someone at his level would be more knowledgable about how to properly use this equipment then the average person.

There were reports that someone transporting ill people off of the cruise ship in Japan also contracted the disease.
I would like to bounce some ideas off...

1. Many medical personnel simply have not had any real working experience using this equipment. There must be some serious instructions on how to put it on, ensuring that all areas are secure and more important how to take it off. Over time they would become familiar but initially, and that is all it takes, mistakes are made.
2. Where are they storing these hazmat suits?
3. Do they wear the same one again or are they all sharing from one shift to another? I imagine there must be a shortage of these suits because it is not something that is used frequently.
4. How are they ensuring that these suits are not contaminated since this virus appears to survive on surfaces for a period of time?
4. If they are sharing between shifts how can each person ensure that the suit has been decontaminated prior to use effectively especially if there is an acute shortage and people are sharing from shift to shift?
5. Is each person doing a very thorough inspection to ensure that the suit does not have any damage? Many keep indicating that face masks are not really effective because the virus particles are so small that it can pass through. Wear and tear from repetitive use.

We are seeing lapses. EMT responding without protective gear, bus drivers transporting potential positive people without even basic protection.

What about hospital ER, typically the first contact point. There are medical staff but they are not normally wearing hazmat suits to respond to incoming cases.
What is the highest priority when one goes to ER?
Administrative staff asking for your health insurance information!!!

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Tricky virus
stay well

edit on 18-2-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You get the idea though, To clarify I wasn’t limiting it to birds it was just an example, there’s plenty of other animals roaming around out there that could be candidates for that aspect of breaking a quarantine though

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Thoughtful1

we have a saying in the air force, black on black is death. (inside lining is black, gloves are black)

you have to be extremely careful when taking the gear off or you will still contaminate yourself.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Reuters:
"The president of the European Union Chamber of Commerce in China, Jorg Wuttke, said world pharmacies may face a shortage of antibiotics and other drugs if the outbreak is not resolved, accusing Bejing of making supply chain problems worse."

India gets most of their raw materials from China to manufacture many generic medications.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf
Exhausted Drs and staff wearing these suits will make mistakes. It is unavoidable.
Could you post more about what you know about how these suits work and what should be done.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thoughtful1
We are seeing lapses. EMT responding without protective gear, bus drivers transporting potential positive people without even basic protection

This bothers me too. The government have MSM preaching how safe it all is, everything is an over reaction...

Not only will we have lapses from trained personnel, but people are led to believe it's no big deal, so why be so careful? "So what" if they forget their mask, "masks don't do anything anyway, heard it on the news", or let people go home having sat next to a confirmed case... They can be forgiven for thinking this way, because they are being told to think this way.

Hopefully it is all just a storm in a tea cup as they would have us believe...
edit on 18-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: added detail

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Man fleeing coronavirus quarantine executed in North Korea - Government calls for treatment for disease

There is officially no disease in an isolated dictatorship.

Iltalehti with english translation

Iltalehti no translation if want to see videos

It is going to be a haywire in NK, no disinfectant but using Burdock for it..
Few years back saw a documentary of NK, lack of food and people living in multi-storey buildings were gardening in the yard between the houses and used their own feces as fertilizers.. not good, they have paracites in their stomachs cos of that.. remember defector soldier who had dozens parasites and one was 27cm long.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Healthcare workers treating normal flu patients wear gloves/masks/disposable smocks, etc., but not full hazmat suits, and yet they do not become infected at these alarming rates. So maybe much of the cross infection to healthcare workers with COVID19 is due to improper use/removal/decontamination of these hazmat suits?

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I dont know their specific equipment but the basic premise is the same as the chem gear we wear, anything on the outside is to be considered contaminated so if you touch the inside of the suit odds are pretty high that while getting out of the suit it will contact your shirt or the skin transferring the contaminate to you eventually.

considering the life of this virus on surfaces I honestly expect the number of contaminated health care workers to grow a lot if the numbers are truly as bad as we speculate in china.

ETA: especially considering the work load they must be under.
edit on 18-2-2020 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

<< 120  121  122    124  125  126 >>

join