It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 112
<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Grocery runs in Asia’s financial powerhouse have begun to remind me of shopping in Russia in the chaotic summer of 1998. You grab what you can find, and if there is a queue, you consider joining it. Surgical masks and sanitizer gel are bartered for; detergent shelves are bare. A run on toilet paper last week, after an online rumor, was reminiscent of Venezuela.

Hong Kong Is Showing Symptoms of a Failed State

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

Done... worried about myself and loved ones... taken care of... Now I have the space to worry about society.

I'm now asking the question, based on what we have seen with this outbreak, what is the best course for governments?

I don't think it's mass quarantine in this situation (based on the available data) and what we've seen from China, for many reasons, not the least of which, I just don't think we can achieve a mass quarantine effectively in this day and age... too many global contact points.

So given that, we need to attack the problem in a different way.

I think transparency of information (something we're fundamentally not getting currently), education, self-isolation if diagnosed (away from others), collaborative global medical/vaccine/treatment/cure development effort and just getting on with life may be the best course given the types of numbers we are potentially looking at... and if it does turn out to be a nothing burger for the rest of the world, then life just continues with minimal disruption.

Maybe this is a catalyst for the world to understand the value of open data.
edit on 17-2-2020 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

In a "practice run" at the grocery store, wearing N95 masks, I watched my wife lift up her mask to itch her nose...
She probably would have even if she was wearing gloves.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Welll...at least my business it seems its increasing...bad for some, good for others

www.bbc.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
THIS IS ON TV AT THE MOMENT. ARTICLES WILL SOON BE COMING OUT (SORRY ABOUT THAT)

JAPANESE GOVT. WILL NOW BE DISEMBARKING ALL PASSENGERS ON THE DIAMOND PRINCESS

"street talk" the BIG NEWS JUST ANNOUNCE JAPAN NOW IS ...

THIS IS ON TV AT THE MOMENT. ARTICLES WILL SOON BE COMING OUT (SORRY ABOUT THAT)

JAPANESE GOVT. WILL NOW BE DISEMBARKING ALL PASSENGERS ON THE DIAMOND PRINCESS

DESTINATION : ALL TO GO TO HOSPITALS (UPDATE WILL BE POSTED AS NEW INFO COMES IN)

I GUESS THIS HAS BEEN IN THE WORKS FOR SOME TIME
edit on 0200000048382020-02-17T20:38:48-06:00384802pm8 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

edit on 0200000041472020-02-17T20:47:41-06:00474102pm8 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

edit on 0200000010482020-02-17T20:48:10-06:00481002pm8 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Rich Z

So is this something that the average person can DIY?

No its not, but this is the same poster who tried to convince ME A retired Navy Corpsman and CBRN responder (trained to respond to weapons of mass destruction, including biological, chemical, and nuclear materials)

That its ok to spray down your respirator with clove oil and colloidal silver. Ill add that most are using n95 type , which are NOT rated for OILS of any kind, and it would RUIN them)

This argument went on for PAGES, but hey he knows better than someone whose actually trained in the field to deal with such things.

So take it for what you will

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: puzzlesphere

Alright, I will use you as a catalyst. Not everyone is at the same level, of understanding this reality most people have lacked the trauma to become sensitive to things around them. The grandiose your hoping for will not occur, based on what I just said. As a whole we are inbalanced and incapable to deal with an alien, effecting us. I agree quarantine mass populations won’t work, chances are violence will occur, we are being attacked at one of our weaknesses as a species, yes this has the potential to be catastrophic, prayers to our Big G’s and hope. Take care of yourself and loved ones, and let us pray we all eat crow in a month, from the skeptics on the site, I hope for this more than anything. 😐. I am done now. 😋
edit on 17-2-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Some footage from China including absolutely bizarre storm footage at the 25 second mark as in WTF

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I've been reading that a bunch of countries are sending planes Wednesday to repatriate cruise ship people, but any "infected" will be treated in "the Japan Health Care System." Is it possible that the hospital you said was shut down may be the destination for all those people? That is a lot of people!

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum
That lightning at the start was CGI lol.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oleman
a reply to: TritonTaranis

In a "practice run" at the grocery store, wearing N95 masks, I watched my wife lift up her mask to itch her nose...
She probably would have even if she was wearing gloves.

I am 100% in any type of SHTF situation my wife will not be able to follow directions nor stick to the plan. Even if I explicitly tell her to be extra careful in cutting the red wire and to avoid touching the blue, she will proceed to cut the blue one and blame it on me. Oh well..

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oleman
a reply to: musicismagic

I've been reading that a bunch of countries are sending planes Wednesday to repatriate cruise ship people, but any "infected" will be treated in "the Japan Health Care System." Is it possible that the hospital you said was shut down may be the destination for all those people? That is a lot of people!

The hospital in questioned was not mentioned to the best of my knowledge. As far as I know, that hospital has been shut down to all in coming patients seeking medical attention. Japan is very confidential on stuff like that and the news people do co-operate on keeping stuff off air and in print for the time being. That's a good question though. I understand that their are 40 hospitals that have a "quarantine only" area in Japan.

Like I mention this just came on the news and it was short and brief to the point. Probably more news will be available after 1 pm today or usually around 3 pm after govt . meetings.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   
i.imgur.com...

Open the image please...some minutes ago.

Well...besides some decrease inside mainland China, all the Asia itself and specially Japan keeps running at full speed, Pax & Cargo , wich in MHO i figure its good for our economies

edit on 17-2-2020 by AngelsDecay because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   
My only question is we still see our congressmen and elites walking around without masks and still in the public, hell Trump was in a large NASCAR crowd, surely if it was as widespread and bad here as some of you make it they wouldn't be doing this??
edit on 17-2-2020 by kross1974 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If this was bio engineered weapon it wouldn't have been released before those who released it were inoculated against its effects. Since some important officials have already died of it, it looks like this is not the case.
It is behaving like a Bio engineered weapon, its overwhelmed the hospital services, and civil society to the point where a failure to contain it has caused marshal law and economic collapse in arguably the number one economy on Earth.
Wuhan is so bad all news coming from the city is censored. The thing now to watch out for is a breakdown in the Army . Barracks are ideal places for the virus to take hold. If the Central government find problems with enforcement due to lack of manpower and China breaks down. The world has a serious problem. Far greater than the virus.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

Hail or snow flying sideways if its a fake its well done here is a hail storm from the area yesterday

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: confiden

My wife is same. It doesn’t help that she’s stubborn either.

She finally broke her mother in Tianjin to more properly prepare. Her mom is complaining daily about lack of goods while under lockdown. They have to try and visit 3-5 stores to find their daily essentials.

My wife’s family in south is doing a bit better. They were able to hunker down in #1 uncles house and pool resources. Only issue so far is our niece has autism and can’t go to her special private school. But she’s healthy and ok.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Another great video from Dr John Campbell

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: kross1974
My only question is we still see our congressmen and elites walking around without masks and still in the public, hell Trump was in a large NASCAR crowd, surely if it was as widespread and bad here as some of you make it they wouldn't be doing this??

The risk in the US is still low.

We're just now seeing it spread to where it *may* cause problems in Japan.

So far, the only place where we've seen conditions replicate what they've managed in China is on the Diamond Princess cruise ship.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: kross1974

By the time you see them walking around in masks (if ever) it would be far far far too late.

They wont have them out where they are at risk

<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join