It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 109
<< 106  107  108    110  111  112 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: cirrus12

The did have compulsory inoculations in China, if Hong Kong doesn't go the same way as Wuhan we might have something. Assuming Hong Kong missed them. If that's got anything to do with it, China might totally collapse.

I have a feeling i may have seen this in previous pages, but was there a SARS vaccine given back then?
Could it be that? So this virus affects those that had it more? I guess the only way to know would be to work out who had the vaccine and who died and how. I'm guessing this would be a huge (if not impossible) task and unlikely China would do so ...

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: cirrus12

originally posted by: Oleman
a reply to: fleabit

You make a REALLY good point! I have seen quite a few stories about Hubei region families where the whole family had severe cases, and in some stories the whole family cluster passed away.

That doesn't make sense. Even if the severe rate was 50%, you would expect only half the family to be severe.

If stories are true, they support there being a strong regional factor, or *maybe* a totally different disease/cause???

I have wondered this also - I don't understand how so many families have been affected and so badly, whereas we are seeing nothing like that outside China. Is that because what is happening is unique to the epicentre? Or we just haven't had the incubation time etc yet?

If it was manufactured, what if it was a 2 part organism.

What I mean is suppose the coronavirus by itself causes cold & flu like symptoms...

unless you have the second part in your system already (which by itself presents no illness).

Then the 2 together combine to create something much more deadly.

So substance A is for example put in the water supply or food supply of the target enemy.

People consume that and have part A in their system.

Then the virus is spread, making part B, and when someone with A also gets B, they combine to make C.

So in China parts A & B have been released causing havoc, while over here only part B is present which your body can fight off.

Maybe that's why it's mainly been Chinese tourists who have died outside of China, while other people who get it seem to recover quickly.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: vampira309
what are everyone's thoughts on Inovio's vaccine? This was from days ago and I haven't seen more about it...

finance.yahoo.com...

It depends on the process and it depends on their trials. No matter how quickly they think they have something, it will still need some testing and in that time the virus itself will undergo some mutations. So by then, it may not be as effective, sort of like what happens with the standard flu vaccine.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I have wondered this also - I don't understand how so many families have been affected and so badly, whereas we are seeing nothing like that outside China. Is that because what is happening is unique to the epicentre? Or we just haven't had the incubation time etc yet?

Perhaps there are so many infected, and catching it a 2nd time is not uncommon - it's been there long enough I'd imagine for plenty of people to have caught it again. Thus perhaps the extreme lengths China seems to be going to, to prevent further spread (barricading people inside their homes etc.).

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   
For those that have missed this: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Morning Update will be a bit late today from me. I mentioned just on another post about "street talk" in which I normally don't post unless it has like a 100% possibility. Some big news is in the making so for now I'm not posting what is going around other then it is hesitantly mentioned from govt. officials here. (was kind of said between the lines of their speech, but for us ATS members , we can get a feel for the behind the scenes) Stay tune on this one. May be the BIGGEST NEWS SINCE THE DIAMOND PRINCESS.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

is vaccine the right word though?

I thought you could inoculate against a virus but once you had it you could only treat the symptoms and had to rely on the constitution of the victim to survive.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Something to consider, and I alluded to it earlier today, but those of us with kitty and ferret pals should be aware that this thing may be able to infect them too. Our ACE2 receptors are very similar.

I know there are certain classes of respiratory infections that you can get and pass back and forth with your cats, and this may end up being one of them. So keep that in mind if you are planning with your pets in mind.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

It would be for those who haven't had it yet. And it wouldn't hurt those who have already had it.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
A paper explaining that SARS-cov-2 is natural and not from a lab. The virus is most likely to have recently spilled over to humans from an intermediate animal reservoir such as pangolins, or it jumped to humans in the past and evolved to become a pathogen within human populations.
virological.org...

It is improbable that SARS-CoV-2 emerged through laboratory manipulation of an existing SARS-related coronavirus. As noted above, the RBD of SARS-CoV-2 is optimized for human ACE2 receptor binding with an efficient binding solution different to that which would have been predicted.

Further, if genetic manipulation had been performed, one would expect that one of the several reverse genetic systems available for betacoronaviruses would have been used. However, this is not the case as the genetic data shows that SARS-CoV-2 is not derived from any previously used virus backbone17.

Instead, we propose two scenarios that can plausibly explain the origin of SARS-CoV-2:

(i) natural selection in a non-human animal host prior to zoonotic transfer, and

(ii) natural selection in humans following zoonotic transfer. We also discuss whether selection during passage in culture could have given rise to the same observed features.

Although genomic evidence does not support the idea that SARS-CoV-2 is a laboratory construct, it is currently impossible to prove or disprove the other theories of its origin described here, and it is unclear whether future data will help resolve this issue. Identifying the immediate non-human animal source and obtaining virus sequences from it would be the most definitive way of revealing virus origins.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Florida - Sorry, the coronavirus in Florida is a state secret

Palm Beach Post

That’s behind a blur wall.

I don’t work in health industry but my sister works in healthcare financing. She said they could refuse to release info citing HIPA law from 1996. On Twitter people are saying Florida state there’s a specific law.

This may be why we are not hearing anything.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Any idea about rabbits?

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

I cited that earlier today. They had a couple reasons why it was unlikely and several methods for it to have come about. If I recall right, they didn't conclusively rule out a lab accident, but they still think that is unlikely given what they're seeing and reality of how it would have had to have come about in a lab through cell passage and the type of animals that would have had to have been used.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Do any of you have an update on the testing of throat tissues for the virus. Seems the info just disappeared about it?

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko You are saying that the virus might kill cats ?
😌

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

If they have ACE2 receptors similar to humans it might be possible, but I don't know. They weren't listed in that paper. I recall pigs, cats, ferrets, and human-like primates being listed but they may not be all.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I think, the missing link, to what’s happening in China, in regards to the mortality, even thou the numbers the data I am processing, indicate mortality does not start getting high until ages become 40 yrs old and higher with a steady increase. I think or am beginning to hypothesize, there is a long term effect, whether people are getting it more than once, and it becomes a critical case, or fatal due to heart failure, that data, is starting to take hold. Also we have to factor in resources being available to people in China as well. ICU’s not only have to be available for the infected, but also for others in need of them for other reasons. There are also other illnesses OCCURING in China, as well.

The uttermost strain, on there healthcare mechanism is occurring right now, I am curious how this is effecting others who are also effected by other forms of illnesses. I can only imagine it’s a utter nightmare in China to be sick right now or in need of a hospital. Makes me wonder, how many people are being neglected. Yes thou I think there is either a long term effect OCCURING and or 2nd contractions leading to more severe symptoms and lack of resources.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1questioner
a reply to: [post=24954644]musicismagic

Is this the "guy on the bike" video you're referring to?

Video

Yep, that is it. Thanks. We should put that video out in many place on twitter, but I don't have an account.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

originally posted by: Rich Z

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

originally posted by: MissBeck
Pressure seems to be building in Hong Kong.

There has also been some panic-buying of toilet rolls, hand sanitisers and face masks in Singapore, which has 75 confirmed coronavirus cases.

Coronavirus: Armed robbers steal hundreds of toilet rolls in Hong Kong

You beat me to it.

Has it really come to this?

Knife-Wielding Robbers in Hong Kong Steal 600 Rolls of Toilet Paper Amid Coronavirus Panic

time.com...

Desperate people in desperate times do desperate things. Probably Best to keep this in mind in the coming months. People may start doing things that you would never expect civilized people to do.

IMHO.

yeah but toilet paper? Dont understand the toilet paper thing unless people have bad diarrhoea

There's a shortage of it.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: RamsesOzymandias

Prepare for a zombie apocalypse. Only this time, it's very real.

Combine rabies with the ability of a flu virus to spread quickly through the air, and you might have the makings of a zombie apocalypse.

projectmegavirus.blogspot.com...

Hmm, maybe there is an ulterior motive for China cremating the bodies as soon as possible after they die.....

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Adphil28

"The other patient, surnamed Ning, was confirmed to be infected 94 days after coming into contact with his father-in-law, surnamed Zhang, who had been to a Wuhan hospital for medical treatment.

Ning began to live with and take care of Zhang on November 13, then moved back to his own home on January 31 after Zhang passed away.

Zhang only left his home three times to go to the supermarket and pharmacy until going to the hospital on January 14."

94 days from Nov 13 to Feb 16. WHY is that the reference date, not Jan 14 or Jan 31???

And, the source attribution is "were reported in Xinxian county."

Very strange. Accidental leak of patient zero information?

top topics

<< 106  107  108    110  111  112 >>

join