It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 100
<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
a reply to: Power_Semi
This article is about where the virus started. chinese officials have finally admitted that it started in a Lab.

Where did they publicly admit this?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

There was another link but cant find it.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Another Medical Professional has died today.

The director of the hospital in China's coronavirus epicentre has died from the disease himself. Dr Liu Zhiming, director of Wuhan Wuchang Hospital, died today from the virus officially named COVID 19. The coronavirus death toll in mainland China reached 1,770 on Sunday, up by 105 from the previous day, the country's National Health Commission has said. The number of new deaths in China's central Hubei province from the coronavirus outbreak rose by 100 as of Sunday.

www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

It's possible, but then again, it's also possible this passed through another animal host that was in the market. One person buys it takes it home, eats it, gets infected and goes back to the market infecting people.

Either route works.

Thing is at this point that it doesn't look like this was an intentional thing, and whatever it is is not a finished product.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

yea thats my mistake its 454 + others added unknow where atm though, busy at so cant search around for details

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Head of Wuhan hospital has died...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: confiden
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

Maybe they were working on a virus that will enable us to live longer? And it escaped the lab? I don't know anything about Chromosome 4 but check this out:

By comparing the DNA of siblings who are extremely long-lived, researchers believe they have found a region on chromosome 4 that may hold an important clue to understanding human longevity. According to the researchers, their finding is "highly suggestive" that somewhere in the hundreds of genes in that region of chromosome 4 is a gene or genes whose subtle modifications can give a person a better chance of living well beyond the average life expectancy.

The researchers believe that additional genetic analyses of nonagenarians and centenarians will lead to the identification of a few genes that confer longevity in humans. They also believe that their studies may turn up "good" versions of a multitude of genes that enable people to avoid age-associated diseases such as heart disease, stroke, diabetes, cancer and Alzheimer's disease.

Source

Or the opposite... georgia guidestones anyone? Maybe we will find something even more specific...

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It's possible, but then again, it's also possible this passed through another animal host that was in the market.

I'm beating a dead horse here but remember that the exact origin of this thing is not known and patient zero apparently did not have a history with the infamous "wet market":
Coronavi rus Patient Zero: Why Wuhan market may not be the epicentre of deadly China virus
edit on 17-2-2020 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   

A few things here.

1. First death in EU. The 80-year-old Chinese woman in France has passed away. She has been in isolation since January.

2. The US is planning to airlift the American Diamond Princess passengers directly from the boat to the US somehow, but only the ones who has not tested positive. They will have to undergo another quarantine in the US.

3. Is it just me, or does it look like people are moving freely on the boat? If so, no wonder it's spreading. There's no way to prevent it if people aren't being kept isolated.

4. There are other sources of things like masks. They show a plant in Utah, but those places are being worked round the clock to try to address the shortfall.

5. A Japanese man tested positive in Hawaii after having been there a week. Watch Hawaii.

6. The corona virus testing of negative flu results is only in 5 major US cities. My understanding previously had been that it was all over, but this report says only in places like New York, San Fran, Seattle, Chicago, and one other I can't recall.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

In one of the videos made by passengers the guy said that they let a few people out at a time each day so that they aren't totally trapped in their rooms. That couple said they had a balcony so they stayed in their room the whole time. I think it was done purely for their mental health. Those who have rooms with no windows or a balcony probably felt pretty trapped.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: misfit312
I still feel something just isn't right with this "virus"

Well, I feel something is very, very wrong with the whole shabang, I'm just not sure what.
edit on 17-2-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I live in a small city in the east of England, population 200K. If 1/3 of those get this virus, that's 66.6K. If 2% of those die, that's 1333 people using those numbers. But wait, because of those infected, 25% will need prolonged critical care. That's over 16,600 critical patients in a city with 612 hospital beds that are already being used for all the other things they're usually needed for, so where are all those 16,000 other highly sick people go? How many extra people will get sick because of that? How many extra people will die above that initial 2%? How many of those 16K will infect the rest of their household/street?

If the UK government is saying they'll stop testing after 100 and tell everyone to go home and stay home, then they're just making sure they've got enough subjects to farm antibodies with, and they're off to their bunkers until there's a vaccine.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Seems the main WHO person, Tedros, is dirty just like CCP.

Candidate to Lead the W.H.O. Accused of Covering Up Epidemics

A leading candidate to head the World Health Organization was accused this week of covering up three cholera epidemics in his home country, Ethiopia, when he was health minister — a charge that could seriously undermine his campaign to run the agency.

I recommend reading the whole article from 2017. It’s got very good evidence.

NYT

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

A few things here.

1. First death in EU. The 80-year-old Chinese woman in France has passed away. She has been in isolation since January.
yes, think that was friday ( not 100% on day)and yes chinese tourist

2. The US is planning to airlift the American Diamond Princess passengers directly from the boat to the US somehow, but only the ones who has not tested positive. They will have to undergo another quarantine in the US.
yes, aleready done and with the infected as well!

3. Is it just me, or does it look like people are moving freely on the boat? If so, no wonder it's spreading. There's no way to prevent it if people aren't being kept isolated.
havent had chance to look

4. There are other sources of things like masks. They show a plant in Utah, but those places are being worked round the clock to try to address the shortfall.
yes and there are also places in the uk, and eu as well but dont know work load now

5. A Japanese man tested positive in Hawaii after having been there a week. Watch Hawaii.
looks to be true as many reports around dont have time for source

6. The corona virus testing of negative flu results is only in 5 major US cities. My understanding previously had been that it was all over, but this report says only in places like New York, San Fran, Seattle, Chicago, and one other I can't recall.

cant speak to usa procedures and why they get false negatives on their testing

edit on 17-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: spelling

edit on 17-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
9 "suspected cases" in my home state (greeeaaat)

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
a reply to: tanstaafl
Not a bad idea. How can we know those numbers are accurate?

I doubt they are accurate either, but they are far more accurate than anything the CCP is putting out, and it is much harder for our own governments to hide things.

I don’t trust the US govt. or any other govt for that matter.

Totally agree - but we also have a much freer internet/press than China, so if things were much much worse here, I think we'd know, just through the internet itself.

So - where does the CDC track current rates of infections/deaths for flu, pneumonia, etc, how often are those numbers usually updated, etc? Large spikes in reported cases of those would be an indicator, and deaths would be a bigger red flag.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   
NO NEWS about the CT cases. 3 weeks ago today we learned of suspected cases in Connecticut. Still no freaking news. Dozens of other cases like these are also 3 weeks (or just about to be 3 weeks) old.

Also this has probably been mentioned but "leaked text messages" from someone in the know claim there are actually over 1,000 confirmed cases in the US and they're keeping it quiet to avoid (or simply delay) panic: twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheIrvy2

here in Germany the health officals look to have stated that should it worsen they may ( not 100% from memory) suspend elective surgery to free resources, doctors, beds etc, maybe this is within the scope of the uks influenza planning ( i would have though its a firly obvious thing to do tbh)
video is here ( sorry its in german though towards end somewhere is bit about suspending elective surgery )

edit on 17-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
I'm not saying there are millions of cases here. What I am saying is that there is a possibility of more cases here than the authorities are telling us. There could be more cases because of the simple fact that this is flu season and they did not test for the coronavirus for quite some time. I know personally they didn't l, I posted it here kn one of these threads.

It is like plausible deniability.

They cant tell us what they dont know. Therefore a big deal wouldn't be made.

Exactly. And if these cases resolve themselves similarly to how regular flu does (some get serious for people with compromised immune systems/health, some die, but not too many), we may/will never know how many had this particular strain.

I'm inclined to treat this the same way I'd treat any other flu strain (even though it isn't flu)... until I learn of a reason to act differently.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheIrvy2
I live in a small city in the east of England, population 200K. If 1/3 of those get this virus, that's 66.6K. If 2% of those die, that's 1333 people using those numbers. But wait, because of those infected, 25% will need prolonged critical care. That's over 16,600 critical patients in a city with 612 hospital beds that are already being used for all the other things they're usually needed for, so where are all those 16,000 other highly sick people go? How many extra people will get sick because of that? How many extra people will die above that initial 2%? How many of those 16K will infect the rest of their household/street?

If the UK government is saying they'll stop testing after 100 and tell everyone to go home and stay home, then they're just making sure they've got enough subjects to farm antibodies with, and they're off to their bunkers until there's a vaccine.

My thoughts exactly. Hold off panic as long as possible to keep the markets happy so that they can hoard as much as possible. Creep out of their bunkers more powerful than ever... We'll see about that!

On NHS free beds:
In 2017 there were an estimated 167.6k total beds. Likely less now.
www.statista.com...

Some estimates say beds are 95-99% occupied. 99% leaves just 1676 free beds in the entire UK. 95% leaves 8380 free beds.
Both figures are horrible, but given that the NHS is now more stripped than ever, and they become overwhelmed in a normal flu season... It doesn't bear thinking about.

edit on 17-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: added detail

edit on 17-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: typo

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
a reply to: tanstaafl
Unfortunately you are incorrect.

Why 'unfortunately'?

They raised the mandatory retirement ages over the last decade. It’s currently 55 for women and 60 for men. It will increase over the next 20 years to match current US retirement ages.

Ok - but it is still mandatory, not voluntary. And obviously this was the result of their one child policy, which I believe they recently changed too.

They raised the age because not enough young people paying into the system.

That was my main point. By killing off the older 'useless eaters', they alter the ratio of young to old dramatically, thereby engaging a shortcut to 're-setting' the system to viability. Brutal yes, heartless yes, but effective.

While I fully believe they would cull their older people. This is not the way I feel they would go about it. Family ties are very strong In China.

For the average population, maybe, but for the CCP in general? You believe they give a crap about family ties? Xi turned in his own father, for goodness sake.

Lots of people here are relying on data showing only old people die, however there’s many videos of perfectly healthy younger people with the virus getting it. And frankly we cannot trust anything CCP says. For all we know perfectly healthy young Chinese people could’ve dying in droves and we wouldn’t know.

Gee like now.

Yeah, and likewise, those videos could be of something totally different.

You're right, we don't know...
edit on 17-2-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

join