It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis has been discovered?!

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ADAMandEVIL
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

Let me begin by observing first of all, that nine thousand was the sum of years which had elapsed since the war which was said to have taken place between those who dwelt outside the Pillars of Heracles and all who dwelt within them; this war I am going to describe. Of the combatants on the one side, the city of Athens was reported to have been the leader and to have fought out the war; the combatants on the other side were commanded by the kings of Atlantis, which, as was saying, was an island greater in extent than Libya and Asia, and when afterwards sunk by an earthquake, became an impassable barrier of mud to voyagers sailing from hence to any part of the ocean. The progress of the history will unfold the various nations of barbarians and families of Hellenes which then existed, as they successively appear on the scene; but I must describe first of all Athenians of that day, and their enemies who fought with them, and then the respective powers and governments of the two kingdoms. Let us give the precedence to Athens.

If Atlantis were in the Sahara, and Atlantis sunk after an earthquake, then the Sahara would have once been an ocean.

Unless, what if it sank not into water, but into the sand? An impassable barrier of mud.
A flood plus sand would make lots of mud.

Imagine the immense history that would lay hidden under those sands if that were so!
A continent of ancient sites and artifacts and lost knowledge... amazing!

The rest of the Dialogue of Critias has been lost.

So many assumptions have been made of a incomplete story, its just sinful. Its like watching a movie and then 3/4 in it stops and leaves you hanging. But what of the lost ending. Might it have information that described the flood and the destruction in greater detail? What other details were we denied? How, was the rest of the story lost? Was it lost by someone deciding we should not receive that information? Was it "Disappeared" in the same manner as the giant bones in the Smithsonian? Or found its demise in a fire like the Library of Alexandria. Maybe it even found its way into the Vatican Vaults.

From another source, which a certain group of people wish not to be read, Poseidon discusses his Celestial Chariot and some of its features. He left enough clues to reassemble what happened that day and how the "deluge" was accomplished. Plato was correct in saying the Island went under the ocean water, and there was a earth quake. And afterwards there were great masses of mud and ocean water rolling towards the ocean. The further away from the island the current slowed as though it progressed as lava. Not destroying everything, but encasing everything in mud, that eventually dried out. Note the last image of a fort, its top stones are now breaching the surface as the elements work to expose what lay beneath. Though Amazingly some structures in the 3rd ring are doing the same thing.

I have formulated a theory as to how the Island was destroyed. Poseidon's Celestial Chariot may have had a great role. I suspect when that missing part is made public, its going to shake the world, again...

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye
a reply to: Byrd

You can't just toss out pictures and say "there."

Now... I will take a look at the images later, and I'll set up (if I have time) a tour of them in Google Earth just so context can be gathered (geology, geography, political region, cities, known ruins, etc, etc.

Take your time, no hurry at all. After all whats 10,000 years amongst friends lol lol

Uhmmmmm...about three and a half million days, give or take a few hundred thousand? (wink)

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Okay...back in the saddle again.....

First, some logic.

If a great Center did in fact reside in the "Eye of the Sahara" , "Richat Structure", then one would understand that its land mass (Ringed Island) would not be sufficient to support what was shared with us by Plato. The King, his Army, his Navy, his subjects, slaves and all would require massive support in the way of raw materials, grains, meat, etc. The Island itself could not logically support, itself.

Therefore, there must be a massive River, and Road networks to transport the supply and demand of the Island City.

Okay, let's break this down and see what you have to say:

* first, there's no proof that Richat is Atlantis and there's a lot of proof that it is NOT Atlantis. That's a big hurdle to overcome.
* Going on the "well, if..." scenario doesn't make it true. I contributed a (requested by the editor) chapter to a textbook based on the premise of 'what would the Native Americans of California have needed to hold off the Europeans." I used technology and known sites and processes and artifacts to construct a false history to show how they could have plausibly beaten the Europeans. So "if" scenarios are nothing but fiction unless you can prove something.
* rivers and trade networks are found everywhere in the world. All those places can't be Atlantis.

Okay... back to you on that one!

If nothing was found, it would have been a very short thread, but, the more you look, the more you find. It was never intended to be a scientific discovery process, because I do not posses the ability to research on the ground. All I can do is identify and share what is discovered.

I think this is where things get really confusing. You say "oooh! look!" and we all (in our total ignorance plus bad eyesight and with all the finely honed attention span of a guppy) go "what?"

* you find anomalies and you want us to identify them? You do know that we're not trained, right? That makes us worse at figuring out what things are than your average data wonk on Reddit forums.

I'm not in a position to prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt. All I have to do is throw enough doubt on the idea that Atlantis was a myth, and open some minds to the painful possibility, that Plato's story is based in some type of fact, distorted or otherwise.

You'd have to take a route that nobody's done before -- but Richat's been done and debunked, even by members of the Atlantis Existed communities.

Now, the archaeologists (there's a small number) who believe it existed started by looking for artifacts... things from one culture that look like stuff from another culture that's not right next door (like, for instance, the Egyptian scarabs ending up in Palestine with weird writing that's clearly not Egyptian on them (they're authentic scarabs, by the way.)) Although they haven't found Atlantis, going with artifacts is actually a stronger case than looking for likely landforms (which everybody and his dog Bob have done.)

Warning: don't go the "linguistics" route. What passes for "linguistics" among those who haven't taken a lot of courses in it doesn't pass muster and you'll get eaten alive by the first linguist to show up.

It would take a Army of Angels to prosecute this case. For if this flood did in fact occur, its a murder case that is ancient, and global! And as you know, there is no statute of limitations, for murder!

Usually the death of the murderer kind of ends it.

And no, there's no ancient global flood.

Back to you, sir.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 01:52 PM
link   

* first, there's no proof that Richat is Atlantis and there's a lot of proof that it is NOT Atlantis. That's a big hurdle to overcome.

One of the things that is not being considered is, once again, the context of the story. You have to remove yourself from your chosen "Paradigm" and allow for the dissection of the story itself, or the part we have that is available. As Plato explained the name "Atlantis" was the name of the Allotment. That Allotment had itself Allotted into 10 sections. Atlantis is comparable to a country nowadays. It had a capital City of another name, but could be called Atlantis as well. "I'm going to the U.S. cool. In fact, you went to the Capital City, Washington D.C., but never told anyone that part". We actually may have the capital name, not realizing it.

Proof is in the eye of the beholder, evidence belongs to everyone. It all depends on how you view it, and what educational "glasses" (Paradigm) you wear.

There actually are structures that survived the destruction of this capital city. That, in itself is a miracle of unbelievable magnitude. These structured show every sign they were buried, in mud. These structures are evidence, not proof. The proof will come when the structures are liberated from the encasing flood mud, inspected examined, tested, and the age set. Once that happens, its quit possible the evidence will convert to, proof.

There are other more recent structures in the area as well, and are highly suspicious. They, are not buried. You can find this buried "Evidence" at 21° 9'7.56"N 11°16'48.19"W , very degraded 21° 7'26.02"N 11°16'50.08"W , 21° 7'22.90"N 11°16'41.08"W , heavy damage 21° 7'15.42"N 11°16'48.78"W , 21° 7'12.62"N 11°16'34.51"W , 21° 7'3.98"N 11°16'26.12"W .

The above is not proof, it is evidence, and since they are in the rings, direct evidence. The proof is only a few steps away.

You'd have to take a route that nobody's done before -- but Richat's been done and debunked, even by members of the Atlantis Existed communities.

How do you debunk the direct evidence without examining the evidence? These sites display no signs of examination? No digging, etc. How do you do that other than having a platform and a bull horn, and a will to obviously look the other way? By the way, The UNESCO has been exposed as a corrupted organization. So who exactly claimed its debunked?
thenewamerican.com...

I think this is where things get really confusing. You say "oooh! look!" and we all (in our total ignorance plus bad eyesight and with all the finely honed attention span of a guppy) go "what?"
LOL LOL LOL
LOL Sadly, probably true. lol

Plato at one point admits there is very little known of the "gods". Plato also stated that monuments to the gods still exist (in his timeline) in the area. Here are 3 likely candidates. 22°11'10.38"N 11°41'17.00"W , 22°12'53.15"N 11°34'44.17"W , 21°32'42.16"N 10°47'18.84"W . The first two could be natural but this type of geology is not common from what I have seen. The third suspiciously look, man made. That's for you to decide.

I have no evidence to even suggest these "Mass Murders" have met justice, except for the weakest rumors imaginable. You can supply that, and I promise I will look at it, and consider it.

As far as the global flood, it was executed in the most basic method imaginable. In fact so simple it is overlooked. Hint, walk briskly carrying a cup of coffee. Stop real quick. The gods were very intelligent, but acted like spoiled brats who lost a game, and decided to flip the playing board, childishly. All I can tell you, there is enough info out there now for folks to find the answers, if they only look.

Before the Bible, there were the "gods". And from the evidence, they loved, their slaves, to death. I would like to believe the sentiment has been returned, in kind...

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 09:16 PM
link   

One of the things that is not being considered is, once again, the context of the story. You have to remove yourself from your chosen "Paradigm" and allow for the dissection of the story itself, or the part we have that is available. As Plato explained the name "Atlantis" was the name of the Allotment. That Allotment had itself Allotted into 10 sections. Atlantis is comparable to a country nowadays. It had a capital City of another name, but could be called Atlantis as well. "I'm going to the U.S. cool. In fact, you went to the Capital City, Washington D.C., but never told anyone that part". We actually may have the capital name, not realizing it.

I did consider that Atlantis is both a country and a city. I was aware that the continent (which is what it really is although Plato calls it an island) is quite large and that the city was distinct from the land (which had mountains sheltering it in the north and broad plains and a lot of animals and plants that he describes as well as mines.

Seriously... any scholar (academic) who's ever gone into this is aware of it.

There's no proof that the Sahara was previously farmland and mines. Farms and mines permanently change the landscape.

As far as the global flood, it was executed in the most basic method imaginable. In fact so simple it is overlooked. Hint, walk briskly carrying a cup of coffee. Stop real quick.

Please don't play with hints. If you want to say something, explain it. Many people come here for answers and not every single one of them is our age, or is even American.

If you're trying to say "the globe stopped spinning", that really doesn't work because of physics and momentum. Have you ever had one of those Dairy Queen dip cones (a soft-serve ice cream cone with a quick-hardening chocolate shell, served in a cone)? Now imagine twirling it very fast and then suddenly stopping. THAT is what would happen to our planet. We're a very very thin layer of crust (about the relative thickness of that shell) on top of a layer of plastic rock and molten rock.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 01:28 AM
link   

If you're trying to say "the globe stopped spinning", that really doesn't work because of physics and momentum. Have you ever had one of those Dairy Queen dip cones (a soft-serve ice cream cone with a quick-hardening chocolate shell, served in a cone)? Now imagine twirling it very fast and then suddenly stopping. THAT is what would happen to our planet. We're a very very thin layer of crust (about the relative thickness of that shell) on top of a layer of plastic rock and molten rock.

Yep, science. The earth filled with molten lava, is only a theory. A theory that has never been proven but sold as fact. Another is Subduction. No direct evidence has been found to support either theory.

Lets look at the present earth, just the parts we can see, and known facts. The outer surface of the earth is 70% water, 30% land. It is spherical not cone shaped. There are frozen areas only at the poles. Assuming, because that's the only thing we can do, the shell of the planet is at least 600-700 mils thick. The Earth spins at 1037 MPH.

I'm sure you will agree, that's pretty darn fast. But because everything on the surface travels along with the earth at the same speed, we do not sense or feel that speed, other than feeling the wind that is effected by mountains, trees that disrupt its motion. The oceans as well are traveling around the planet at the same speed. Imagine, every thing on the surface rotating at 1037 mph.. and no one even realizes it.

So, one might ask, what if. If someone were to ask me to create a global flood, it would be a easy thing to do, if, I had something I could use as a "Break", a fulcrum.

Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world.
-Archimedes

physics.stackexchange.com...

I wonder how that thought even entered his mind in the first place. At any rate, a Fulcrum can be any shape, but could a fulcrum also be used as a Break? Well, yes it can. All I need to do is bring it into contact with the earth firm enough, to stop the rotation rather quickly. I would imaging 4 hrs would be sufficient to cause all those oceans and the atmosphere traveling at 1037mph to continue that speed, the oceans leaving their beds and over-wash the continents. Remember, the continents are only 30% of the surface. Not all areas would be over-washed as Mountain ranges would have a impact on the course of the water. Ice caps may also be dislocated.

Could that scenario actually happen? I don't need a really long pole, all I needed was the fulcrum. What shape should the fulcrum be, again, any shape will do. I would use what ever is available, to be a break. Would stopping the rotation of the planet leave a mark? I believe, it would.

If that break was spherical, I think, it would leave a mark that looked just like this one

edit on AMSundaySunday thAmerica/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago3481 by All Seeing Eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 01:57 AM
link   

There's no proof that the Sahara was previously farmland and mines. Farms and mines permanently change the landscape.

Scientists say the world’s largest desert was once a lush paradise for fishermen, transformed by a dramatic - and temporary - rise in rainfall.

www.allianz.com...

As little as 6,000 years ago, the vast Sahara Desert was covered in grassland that received plenty of rainfall, but shifts in the world's weather patterns abruptly transformed the vegetated region into some of the driest land on Earth. A Texas A&M university researcher is trying to uncover the clues responsible for this enormous climate transformation – and the findings could lead to better rainfall predictions worldwide.

phys.org...

So, that would put the climate change right around 4000bc. Interesting date range. The Bible scholars put the great flood in the same timeline.

So if you believe the scientist, it was very green, once upon a time.

Guppy, lol

Punt. Sir

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

The earth filled with molten lava

According to whom? Not geologists. According to them lava (magma, actually) is found in some very specific locations in and near the Earth's crust. Beneath that is the mantle, which is not magma. Much further beneath that is the outer core, composed mostly of molten iron and nickel (not magma). Beneath that is the inner core, solid iron/nickel (not magma).

If you want to attack the science, at least make the effort to understand what you are attacking.

I don't need a really long pole, all I needed was the fulcrum.
Without a pole you have nothing. The fulcrum does no work, the lever does. Basic mechanics. How are you going to press the fulcrum against the Earth and hold it in one spot?
owlcation.com...

Any evidence of those enormous amounts of water moving across the Earth a few thousand years ago? Seems something like that would be quite obvious with deposits of debris and stuff.

I can't believe I'm even bothering. There is no room for rationality here.

edit on 8/15/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

According to whom? Not geologists. According to them lava (magma, actually) is found in some very specific locations in and near the Earth's crust. Beneath that is the mantle, which is not magma. Much further beneath that is the outer core, composed mostly of molten iron and nickel (not magma). Beneath that is the inner core, solid iron/nickel (not magma).

How science does change over the course of time. What is inside the earth can only be theory. Until that is, we visit it, document it, examine it, then convert theory into some type of fact. As far as I know man has only traveled (scientific Testing apparatus) to a depth of 40,230 ft Kola Superdeep Borehole. The scientific results, actual evidence, upset some theory carts. The evidence always trumps theories.
www.absolute-knowledge.com...

There are two other very deep bore holes that surpass the above but were drilled for oil and if there were any scientific discoveries they have not been made public.

In as far as those discoveries at the bore hole, they only penetrated the planet by .002% of the total distance to the center. And the evidence gathered is very specific to that location. If they bored in South Africa, or the U.S. the findings could be entirely different. So, we don't know Jack about what deeper than that. Its all just theory! Iron Core? Show me where we drilled to the center to confirm that...

According to whom? Not geologists. According to them lava (magma, actually) is found in some very specific locations in and near the Earth's crust.
True. We can see on the surface exactly where lava vents to the surface. But we cant see the networks of lava flow that feeds those volcanoes, we can only theorize. If the interior of the planet was filled with lava you would expect to see Volcanoes all over the place, which we do not.

Without a pole you have nothing. The fulcrum does no work, the lever does. Basic mechanics. How are you going to press the fulcrum against the Earth and hold it in one spot?

I have converted Archimedes's fulcrum into a break. I am not trying to move the world, I'm only trying to stop its rotation for a time. Then after that time I can, by use of the break, restart the rotation, in any direction I choose. As long as I can control the movement of that Break, I can influence the planet.

Archimedes was trying to prove a point about the mechanical force multiplayer of the rod and fulcrum using the example of moving the earth. His fulcrum would basically have to have the same abilities as my break. For a mindset he was able to project his thought process, off planet. Now, did he do that purely out of imagination, or did he use information that is lost to mankind today. We will never know.

How are you going to press the BREAK (fulcrum) against the Earth and hold it in one spot?

I would require advanced knowledge about the planet, how its actually constructed, and the method by which it is attached to the Sun. Knowing these things I would devise a break that could take advantage of the same method. Lets say the Sun transmitted a unique frequency that only one planet,s core would respond to, vibrate at. I would tune my break to the same frequency where I could by electromagnetic forces move closer to, or farther away from that planet. I would be able to hold any distance from it. But since I want to stop the rotation I would increase the "Pull" slowly until my break actually made contact with that planet. I would slowly increase the magnetic Pull, until the rotation stopped. After that time period I would increase the "Push" until my break was far enough away so the planet would be undisturbed by my break. To influence any other planets all I would have to do is change the frequency of my break to the new planets frequency, and my break would start moving to that frequency band like magic. Once in that band I would use the electromagnetic forces of that frequency to draw to or away from that planet. I can, only imagine...

All things can be explained, science is only one method to get the answers. You need 3 things, the will, the desire, and eyes to see with. Hence, my avatar. Your Avatar is interesting. It says "Show Me", but your arms say, "I don't want to see it". Sometimes we have to look at all the elements of a picture, to get those thousand words. Are those Russian badges on your chest?

If you want to attack the science, at least make the effort to understand what you are attacking.

I do, its called mind control (Controlled opposition)... It keeps us from seeing whats right before our eyes lol lol

By the way, I love your avatar

edit on PMSundaySunday thAmerica/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago32812 by All Seeing Eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Early history

Mauritania’s contributions to the prehistory of western Africa are still being researched, but the discovery of numerous Lower Paleolithic (Acheulean) and Neolithic remains in the north points to a rich potential for archaeological discoveries.

www.britannica.com...

Yes, it is.

As I said, a society this large should have been in the books. But it isn't. This site reflects a lost society.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I would imaging 4 hrs would be sufficient to cause all those oceans and the atmosphere traveling at 1037mph to continue that speed, the oceans leaving their beds and over-wash the continents. Remember, the continents are only 30% of the surface. Not all areas would be over-washed as Mountain ranges would have a impact on the course of the water. Ice caps may also be dislocated.

Could that scenario actually happen?

No.

Let's go back to the physics that you started... and did not follow in your thought experiment.

If the Earth suddenly stopped traveling 1037mph, you are correct that the air would continue at that speed and so would the oceans... and the houses (they're not extrusions of the land) and the trees and the bushes and the rocks on the surface and the elephants and the bugs and the birds and alligators and the loose soil and the sands of all the deserts.

Nothing survives, including the topsoil (and a good bit of the geology below.) The oceans boil.

And then you start it back up at 1037 mph....

That's a hard 'no'. You're not going to get The Flood. You get a planet that's uninhabitable for millions of years.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 07:43 PM
link   

That is true. If you watch some of the Nuclear test films you would see something similar to what you share. Trees sheered at their base, cars moved sideways. All the trees keeping their space as they are liberated from the soil. The blast didn't do this, it was the shock wave of the atmosphere that has been displaced by the blast. Think of Air as a really thin water.

Everything would be liberated from the surface, as you say, bugs and elephants. Because, the atmosphere is still moving at speed, though, in time the air and all the liberated materials would catch up over time. Also, something else that might happen is the crust itself would fail at fault lines and thinner sections might buckle under the pressure buildup of the crust. That cold lead to the complete failure of the crust. Not millions of years, game over, now.

If you reexamine what I shared, I stated over a 4 hour period. It took 4 hours to stop the planet. You can know this by looking at how many time zones this "mark" crosses. Possibly 5 or 6 if you add the approach of the "Break" and its entry into the water which would also add drag.

Taking 4-6 hours to stop would reduce the rotational speed gradually. But still fast enough to have the oceans over-wash the continents. Those elephants would still be standing, leaning in one direction. My guess, 500-600mph.
Since the break entered the atmosphere it would cause storms to start, everywhere because of the wind pushing humidity up into the atmosphere. Lightning, especially in the vicinity of the break. If it was done at night I doubt anyone, saw it coming, especially those on the other side of the planet... Earthquakes? I wouldn't doubt it.

Stopping a planet too quickly leads to a "asteroid belt"

Now, I strongly, STRONGLY, believe my "Break" has other names, and is one of those things that were taken out of its original context and inserted into others to mask its true identity. Then solidify that new context into a paradigm that is "Disciplined.

Now in saying that, does my "Break" also show signs of contact? That would depend on the shape I use to be the break. If I used a spherical object it would probably display Some sort of circular area where it contacted the earth/water. It probably would be a different color than other parts of my break. Plus, if it was dusty, it would clean that dust off, in a circular manner. Would my break absorb some of the water from the place it made contact? Depending on the quality of the surface, of my break. What material would my break be made of? Something strong, maybe something like Titanium.
Then if one wanted to compare the damage on the earth, contact point, it would be simple to compare the contact point on my break, you know, measure the contact area, and look for the color that might be expected.

But If able, I would make my break capable of different abilities. I might also use it, if hollowed out, as a transport. I could also adjust the axis of any planet. I would want that break to be flexible in its abilities, very large cargo bay for carrying, oh I don't know, water, ya know?

So again, if I slowed down the rotation gradually, it wouldn't take millions of years to recover. Maybe, just a couple of thousands. Depending on how advanced each cultural center was, before the flood, and how much damaged was caused to it.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 08:50 PM
link   
(sigh)

Math and physics....

That is true. If you watch some of the Nuclear test films you would see something similar to what you share. Trees sheered at their base, cars moved sideways. All the trees keeping their space as they are liberated from the soil. The blast didn't do this, it was the shock wave of the atmosphere that has been displaced by the blast. Think of Air as a really thin water.

Wrong image. Imagine standing on top of a truck full of rocks, trees, cows, etc (big truck) that's running down a long highway at 100mph. Now it stops.

Momentum throws things off. Not the shock wave. In fact, the momentum is enough to launch a lot of materials into space (that takes a mere 1070 mph.)

And the air's going to go, too.

Everything would be liberated from the surface, as you say, bugs and elephants. Because, the atmosphere is still moving at speed, though, in time the air and all the liberated materials would catch up over time. Also, something else that might happen is the crust itself would fail at fault lines and thinner sections might buckle under the pressure buildup of the crust. That cold lead to the complete failure of the crust. Not millions of years, game over, now.

Not could. Would. And that kind of fracturing releases a lot of heat. Not from below, but the heat of breaking rock.

If you reexamine what I shared, I stated over a 4 hour period. It took 4 hours to stop the planet.

The Earth isn't a jet plane. We are slowing down by 2 miliseonds per day... and you're talking a stop that's going to be... let's calculate that:
Two milliseconds is 1/1000th of a second.
Divide that by the number of hours in a day (24) and you're talking about the Earth slowing down by just about 4/10,000 of a second every hour. (note: I rounded up stuff, folks)
And suddenly you change that slow down by something on the order of 6,000,000 (six million times) every hour.

That's more than the G-force of any rocket.

More than an atomic blast.

OH...and then start it up with the same kind of force.

No. My eyesight may not be the best, but I'd have noticed if we were a 10,000 year old molten pile of rubble circling our star. I pay attention to stuff like that.

Depending on the quality of the surface, of my break.

A very tired and cranky old third grade teacher marches in. "It's spelled BRAKE. Don't you guys ever look at auto parts?"

What material would my break be made of? Something strong, maybe something like Titanium.

Oh dear. Am I going to have to lecture on metals and tensile strength?

No. Just... no. Earth isn't a cartoon or fantasy world.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 08:52 PM
link   

www.britannica.com...

Yes, it is.

As I said, a society this large should have been in the books. But it isn't. This site reflects a lost society.

Actually, you haven't proven that there's anything there yet that's ancient.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

www.britannica.com...

Yes, it is.

So, let me ask you, how do you view the word, Ancient. Can you explain the concept behind the word? I know some folks could look at my birth date and call me, ancient. But how do you use the word?

Would you apply the word ancient to this structure? P.S. I think its older, than me lol

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Or, this?

(Third grade for me was pretty traumatic. I took regular beatings, busted knuckles, for not conforming. Guess what. I'm not going to EVER conform!) Once even took a pointer busted over my head, so, yea, spellin is fragmented. We all have traumatic issues we have to deal with. Whats yours?

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Okay...back in the saddle again.....

First, some logic.

If a great Center did in fact reside in the "Eye of the Sahara" , "Richat Structure", then one would understand that its land mass (Ringed Island) would not be sufficient to support what was shared with us by Plato. The King, his Army, his Navy, his subjects, slaves and all would require massive support in the way of raw materials, grains, meat, etc. The Island itself could not logically support, itself.

Therefore, there must be a massive River, and Road networks to transport the supply and demand of the Island City.

Okay, let's break this down and see what you have to say:

* Going on the "well, if..." scenario doesn't make it true. I contributed a (requested by the editor) chapter to a textbook based on the premise of 'what would the Native Americans of California have needed to hold off the Europeans." I used technology and known sites and processes and artifacts to construct a false history to show how they could have plausibly beaten the Europeans. So "if" scenarios are nothing but fiction unless you can prove something.
* rivers and trade networks are found everywhere in the world. All those places can't be Atlantis.

Okay... back to you on that one!

If nothing was found, it would have been a very short thread, but, the more you look, the more you find. It was never intended to be a scientific discovery process, because I do not posses the ability to research on the ground. All I can do is identify and share what is discovered.

* you find anomalies and you want us to identify them? You do know that we're not trained, right? That makes us worse at figuring out what things are than your average data wonk on Reddit forums.

I'm not in a position to prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt. All I have to do is throw enough doubt on the idea that Atlantis was a myth, and open some minds to the painful possibility, that Plato's story is based in some type of fact, distorted or otherwise.

Now, the archaeologists (there's a small number) who believe it existed started by looking for artifacts... things from one culture that look like stuff from another culture that's not right next door (like, for instance, the Egyptian scarabs ending up in Palestine with weird writing that's clearly not Egyptian on them (they're authentic scarabs, by the way.)) Although they haven't found Atlantis, going with artifacts is actually a stronger case than looking for likely landforms (which everybody and his dog Bob have done.)

Warning: don't go the "linguistics" route. What passes for "linguistics" among those who haven't taken a lot of courses in it doesn't pass muster and you'll get eaten alive by the first linguist to show up.

It would take a Army of Angels to prosecute this case. For if this flood did in fact occur, its a murder case that is ancient, and global! And as you know, there is no statute of limitations, for murder!

Back to you, sir.

thanks Byrd, I wonder why this strange thread still is going on..actually two long threads..
makes no sense.
this a is a non-functioning thread where the OP will just go on posting screenshot after screenshot of his phantasies.
this leads to nowhere..maybe his is just what we wants?

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 01:28 AM
link   

www.britannica.com...

Yes, it is.

So, let me ask you, how do you view the word, Ancient. Can you explain the concept behind the word? I know some folks could look at my birth date and call me, ancient. But how do you use the word?

Would you apply the word ancient to this structure? P.S. I think its older, than me lol

No. I wouldn't.

Freeform, yes. Culturally functional, yes. Handmade by a few people, yes. Most folks in first world countries would call it "primitive".

It does not have the same look as "ancient" cities in the area; known ruins that are over a thousand years old. The city of Oudane, for example, has many of these freeform walls. Some of them (judging from photos and the repair) are new or have been repaired within the past 30 years. The city itself is no older than 800 years.

And this is in an area where people live and clear the sand away from the walls.

I generally put "ancient" as "before 200 AD" or thereabouts... at least for the purposes of conversation. But I've worked on dinosaurs. It ain't old until you're talking about 100 million years. THEN we're getting some age on.

So all you've done is find aerial views of walls that people put up. If your definition of "ancient" is "sometime before 2010, then these are ancient walls.

I'm thinking they're not much older than disco.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Or, this?

Older than the first one, depending on where it is and how much sand is dumped in the area. The perimeter is newer.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: anti72
thanks Byrd, I wonder why this strange thread still is going on..actually two long threads..
makes no sense.
this a is a non-functioning thread where the OP will just go on posting screenshot after screenshot of his phantasies.
this leads to nowhere..maybe his is just what we wants?

Dunno. But it gives my brain some exercise and there are folks out there who don't know (not their fault) much about physics or geology or archaeology or any other science and who've never actually met a scientist. All they know about science is some scurrilous remarks made by people who were annoyed that scientists didn't leap up and embrace their ideas.

And I'm a teacher at heart.

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join