It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An 8-year-old migrant has died in U.S. custody on Christmas Day

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: chr0naut

I am an immigrant.

Walked through the front door.

Got permission and everything.

Not just an immigrant mind you. I was here as a political refugee. Granted political asylum.

You know what we never did? Broke in to a nation that wasn't, at the time, our own.

10 bucks says he ignored this post

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I am an immigrant.

Not just an immigrant mind you. I was here as a political refugee. Granted political asylum.

You know what we never did? Broke in to a nation that wasn't, at the time, our own.

Firstly, if you were granted refugee status. In the US, this is different than asylum.

To be granted asylum, you would have to have come onto US soil undocumented, and have made petition for asylum from there. Which is technically "breaking in to a nation that wasn't at the time, your own".

But, Trump has said he will reduce numbers of both refugees and asylum seekers being granted visas. He has stated that he opposes the H-1B visas and wishes to stop approvals of refugee applications from some countries such as Syrian refugees.

Mike Pompeo has announced a cap of 30,000 refugees for the 2019 fiscal year.

How might you have fared if those policies were in place when you or your family applied? Would your need for refugee status be any less? Might you, out of desperation, try any avenue open to you, so that you could survive?

edit on 26/12/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

I am an immigrant.

Pay him.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

a week where he was provided showers, food, water and.... welfare checks...
you'd think that someone would have noticed in that time that the kid if the kid came in sick.
someone should have!!

Well then maybe he got sick there, or it took a week for whatever he had to reach a level that was noticeable ... who knows...it is not like they spent months and months living off the streets on their way to our borders in the first place...It seems that even the hospital didn't notice, so as I said it will be interesting in knowing what the child died of.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

While it is likely that the US would win if they attacked unprovoked, such a conflict would quickly escalate to produce unacceptable losses for both sides (the likely deaths on the US side from a counterattack would number in the tens of millions).

I call BS... We would own the air within one day and that my friend would be the end of the war even if Mexico didn't know it yet.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Isn't that what normally happens in the US when you don't have medical insurance?

The hospital declares you healthy and sends you home to die.

I wish the ERs knew of this...

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
A child died because of improper care. Propaganda!!!!! Trump is innocent!!!

I'm not blaming trump but damn are some of you in love with him. Defending his every word and minor action.

It's pretty damn annoying to see such hardcore trump supporters who shoot down anything that doesn't say "trump is awesome".

No middle ground anymore. Just partisan mumbling zombies on both sides.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
A child died because of improper care. Propaganda!!!!! Trump is innocent!!!

What does Trump have to do with any of this? Improper care looks to have come from the hospital that looked at the kid then discharged him, so not sure how to deal with that.

The question I have is...Was the kid getting his meds back at the center. Who was responsible for that, was it his father? What if...big if...his dad wanted him to stay sick....

edit on 26-12-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

How do you know it was improper care? It may simply have been that US standard care missed a disease he brought up with him or that he died of something very, very quickly.

We don't know for sure what he died of. What if it was something extremely uncommon that almost never occurs in the US, so the doctors don't usually think about it? Something that if they tested for it standard, someone else would point fingers and say, "See? No one ever has this, and they test us for it just to make extra money off of us!"

There is a whole list of things common and not so common that start out looking like an innocent cold. Heck, the 1918 Spanish Flu was just the flu, and it could drop people in space of single day from morning to evening. So it's not inconceivable that depending on this kid's condition, he could have been taken down more quickly than anyone could notice.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Isn't that what normally happens in the US when you don't have medical insurance?

The hospital declares you healthy and sends you home to die.

I wish the ERs knew of this...

Funnily, that was precisely the topic of the TV show ER for stacks of episodes.

But in truth, the ER have to treat you, and then comes the bill.

However, as soon as you are no longer "emergency", you are either insured, or fabulously wealthy, or you are 'well'.

The beds are for the paying customers.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

None of what you posted with regard to my immigration status is true.

The US has every right to tighten its borders. Regardless of how I may have fared, I did so legally.
edit on 26 12 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

The beds are for the paying customers.

You lie.

I was just recently admitted to a hospital through the ER. I have no insurance, and no money to pay with. I was there for almost two weeks, during which time I was given excellent care, all the tests needed, and finally a quintuple bypass surgery. I was allowed plenty of recuperative time after the operation, and finally sent home with an appointment with the surgeon for two weeks later. At that appointment, the surgeon ran more tests and gave me excellent treatment. A few weeks later, i had yet another heart attack and spent a few more days in the hospital, including another heart cath. I am still under the care of a licensed cardiologist.

I told everyone when I went in both times, as well as several times while I was there, that I would likely be unable to pay. Yet, I received the same care as anyone else, and continue to receive the same level of care as anyone else.

You

LIE!

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

It's par for the course for him.

Spends all his time bashing our border policies that don't affect him and then lies about other things to deflect away from his ignorance.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

He only ignored the parts that he has no answer for.

Like how a poor immigrant managed to get asylum and NOT break the law. Crap like that is lost on him.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Won't you have a big ER bill then?

I'm asking in a serious way, because I too have face big ER bills WITH insurance, not for myself but for loved ones and they were financially devastating. Enough to have my old behind out there working two jobs.

So, if you have no way to pay? What's the answer? Who pays.

Before you yell at me, I am asking legitimately...

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

This is a good reason we need to do away with insurance and let patients and doctors/healthcare providers set prices based on supply and demand rather than the middle men of insurance companies.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

A few years back I worked as a hospital Case Manager.

It was usually the people without insurance that got the best care, because the doctors were not restricted by the insurance companies that often tied their hands by refusing approval for services that the doctor thinks beneficial but the insurance companies don't think necessary.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

It's par for the course for him.

Spends all his time bashing our border policies that don't affect him and then lies about other things to deflect away from his ignorance.

You’ve noticed that too?

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
WHO CAN WE BLAME!?

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
WHO CAN WE BLAME!?

Oh, not just anyone, it has to be the one person it's most politically expedient to blame.

I doubt anyone actually cares at all for this kid except maybe his parents, his real ones (the ones he as with may not actually be his parents).

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join