It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An 8-year-old migrant has died in U.S. custody on Christmas Day

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Not gonna yell... yeah, a ridiculous ER bill. But the hospital offers a charity plan paid for in part from public donations. I'm talking with them now. If I get it, great... if I don't, I'm still better off than being room temperature. I mean, they'll likely never collect anyway, as the bill is almost as much as I have made in my life... gross, not net!

I only get in a yelling mood when someone is barking partisan BS to politicize a terrible tragedy and spewing lies that degrade people who did me a good turn... yeah, that will get my ire up. Otherwise, I'm a nice guy... I promise.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

What I appreciated was the way payment was totally separated from my care. No one asked me for a dime. I got a high speed ambulance ride to the hospital, never mentioned payment even though I kept saying I coouldn't afford to go. The hospital never said a word about it until the case worker came by, and she kept reassuring me that money was secondary. I did miss a few heartbeats when the bill finally came, but that was about it.

I have no doubt that the hospital in this case did everything they could to save the boy. Sometimes things are just out of the doctors' hands, you know? I can't blame the CPB... they did what they thought was best. I can't even blame the father (assuming that is his father) because I wasn't there. And I certainly won't blame a man who wasn't there and likely had no idea the kid even existed until after the fact.

We do have to stop this though... had there been a wall that the two likely could not have breached, I seriously doubt they would have tried. One country simply can't help everyone on the globe, and the mess we have for an immigration system right now is a nightmare waiting to happen... again.

TheRedneck

edit on 12/26/2018 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Parents should be charged.....

Liberals giving this false sense of hope are just as guilty.

Law and order would stop giving this false sense.

The organizers of these mobs are disgusting people.

Never seen such a sh*t show

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

How desperate you have to be to put yourself and your children at risk by going to a country where people are turning away from you more and more. Where more and more people simply hate you?

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Well, I agree... But I was reacting the initial reactions of those hardcore trump supporters... They wont even admit bad care was taken during the trump administration...e

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well.. it was a she and the problem resides on how mismanagement was handled... Did anti-immigrant ideas prevent proper care? ect…

Something trump fans wont admit to...

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Of a child does not hey meals for a week then suddenly starts trying to eat again there stomach rejects the food. You have to move them back on to solid foods failure to do this can lead to dehydration and illness. Sadly 8m sure border agents see this a lot as children start getting their first meals. Normally the kid will get sick for a day or two and then start being able to eat and drink.

This situatuon seemed standard to even the hospital as evidenced by their prescription of ibuprofen and an antibiotic. The hospital would have released him when he was stabilized. Unfortunately it looks like he ate again and continued to vomit. This caused severe dehydration and he died. After looking at the medical report i can't blame the agents.

I will say though they are ill equipped to deal with sick children.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Otherwise, I'm a nice guy... I promise

Well, that's good to hear.

In my little corner of Tennessee, if someone doesn't pay their hospital bill, one can be taken to court and their wages garnished at a ridiculous rate until paid in full including the 300 dollar court fee and the 50 dollar processing fee etc etc.

I suppose I've gone off topic enough.

Have a great day and good luck!

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
So much hate in this thread...

...and attached to the usual suspects at that.
No room at the inn.

Care to point out where this "hate" is coming from? Or is this just another means to discredit someone disagreeing with you? Seems like considering who you're replying to.
"Enforce the law" = hate
Not falling for bull# propaganda = hate.
It's the favorite word of those who have no real arguments to make.
Children are dying in the custody of the US government. It should be held to account.

And yes, there are far too many hateful responses here. If you cannot recognise that fact, you might want to look within.

As to the primacy of enforcing the law, I will remind you that the rounding up and execution of Jews and others in Nazi Europe was fully legal. Sheltering them was a crime. Slavery was legal. Helping them to escape was a crime. Jim Crow was legal...need I go on?

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Apparently context means nothing to you.

Held to account for what?

Great now we're back to being Nazis again for not allowing illegals to flood the nation.

edit on 27 12 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Apparently context means nothing to you.
Held to account for what?
Great now we're back to being Nazis again for not allowing illegals to flood the nation.

If that's all you can read into my post, then we're coming from two entirely different mindsets and really needn't continue. Have a Happy New Year, though.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

It was our BP that showed concern and took him for medical attention.

I swear if we aren't putting up illegals in 5 star hotels you people get you panties twisted up.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Children are dying in the custody of the US government. It should be held to account.

While we're at it, how about those killers at St. Judes Hospital? How many children died under their care last year? For all that, I bet most hospitals have had children die under their care... shall we arrest all the doctors?

Here's a crazy thought... how about we determine who was actually at fault first instead of just condemning anyone who was nearby when the kid died?

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Maybe the news will spread and these parents will stop dragging their young kids across another country for the things they've been promised and will never receive here in America.

If I take my child across the desert in California and he dies, no newspaper is going to write a story about how I'm a victim. I'd go straight to jail for child abuse. So should the parents of these kids that are dying from dehydration and other such symptoms.

I feel sorry for the innocent kid and hold the parents 70% responsible. Democrats that have been making promises they can't keep get the remaining 30%.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Here's a crazy thought... how about we determine who was actually at fault first instead of just condemning anyone who was nearby when the kid died?
TheRedneck

You'll note that I posted to agree that there were such a number of hateful remarks associated with this thread. What I said about the government is that it owns the deaths of these children. We can agree or disagree about that...but should I take it you're ok with the hate being expressed here?
edit on 27-12-2018 by JohnnyCanuck because: yup!

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
When I read a post like this I become conflicted. On one hand if the mother had legal safe abortions procedures available, she may have been able to save that little one the horror of her further errors of judgement. It seems right wing types want to force birth upon the world, but don’t give two craps about the children once they are born. That child had no say in the matter.

Perhaps we should be busier promoting stable leadership in that part of the world. Immigration would then become a matter of opportunity and not perceived necessity. At least Venezuela has some semblance of a democracy. A country with a population that isn’t made up of backwards religious fanatics, that’s a huge plus in my book.. Oh and they have enough oil to more than make up for ditching Saudi Arabia (and the rest of the backwards Middle east).

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut
Are you ready to pay 60% IN TAXES to take care of these people? Ready to lower your standard of living? I am a hair from retirement. I am feeling a tad narcissistic about my future. I do feel sorry for these people but we cannot take care of the worlds problems. Their problems need to be solved in their own country. The American people are already spending billions on other countries problems and then they have the nerve to ship those problems to US. REALLY? I am not going to buy into the leftist/Marxist ploy in self assigning the moral high ground to themselves while crashing this country. Reality is a bitch. Not often kind.

edit on 27-12-2018 by Ansuzrune because: punctuation correction

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

You'll note that I posted to agree that there were such a number of hateful remarks associated with this thread. What I said about the government is that it owns the deaths of these children. We can agree or disagree about that...but should I take it you're ok with the hate being expressed here?

And you'll note I did not take issue with the disgust at the expression of hate. I stated that your post appears to automatically blame the government for the death of a child that was likely already sick and was treated at a hospital.

I do not agree with automatic blame for being in the vicinity of a tragedy, and pointed out the ridiculousness of that position by using the example of children dying despite being cared for at one of the most prestigious children's hospitals in the world.

Now, I'm really not sure how you got my supposed acceptance of hate out of that, especially seeing as you seem to have an awful lot of hatred yourself for anything concerning the government. Me, I'm all about holding the government accountable when they do something wrong, just not when they don't do anything wrong, If you want to consider that hatred, go for it.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth
Parents should be charged.....

Liberals giving this false sense of hope are just as guilty.

Law and order would stop giving this false sense.

The organizers of these mobs are disgusting people.

Never seen such a sh*t show

Get ready. It's only gonna get worse as the presidential election grows closer.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
We don't know who did what wrong, or in fact if anyone did anything wrong.
Crap happens, all too often!!
I'm more concerned that they find out what caused the death and maybe correct their process if they find it might help save another kid's life.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join