It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An 8-year-old migrant has died in U.S. custody on Christmas Day

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I tend to stay out of political discussions, so I won't comment on that aspect of this story. I will say that it is sad for the families that have lost their children due to sudden illnesses while in United States Customs and Border custody. Two lives of (potentially) future Americans cut short. Perhaps these were just sick children, and the stress and hardship endured making their journey pushed them to the brink of death. But, on the other hand, the parents of the first child to die dispute this, claiming their daughter was healthy! Now, a second child has perished, apparently with the same or similar symptoms. Is there something more to this story? I don't know what to think, but being conspiracy minded I could speculate that the children were targeted for some agenda. Nah...

Washington Post Source Article

An 8-year-old Guatemalan child detained by U.S. Customs and Border Protection died early Tuesday at a hospital in New Mexico, the agency reported. The unidentified child is the second border-crosser to die in government custody this month.

Seven-year-old Jakelin Caal, another Guatemalan national, died Dec. 8 of dehydration and shock, less than a day after she was apprehended by border agents. In the second case, an agent noticed Monday that the child had become ill. The boy and his father were taken to Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center in Alamogordo, N.M, where the boy was diagnosed with a cold, according to a CBP news release.

Later, he was found to have a fever and was held for an additional 90 minutes before he was released with prescriptions for an antibiotic and Ibuprofen. But the child became more seriously ill Monday night, when he vomited, and was taken back to the hospital. He died shortly after midnight on Christmas Day.

Jakelin’s family has disputed CBP reports that the child went several days without food and water before she died, saying she was healthy when she arrived in the United States. In a news conference earlier this month, a migrant advocate said the girl’s father, 29-year-old Nery Caal, had told him that Jakelin was healthy and had no preexisting conditions.

Jakelin's mother
edit on 12252018 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Dec 25 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

+60 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Propaganda.

That is all this is.

I'm sorry for the parents to have lost their kid.

But we all know why the title is what it is and the story says something else.

I'm seeing this everywhere right now and it is disgusting.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

jesus christ man...

your spidey sense for trump criticism can take a break when it comes to death of a child , cant it?

the child did die whilst under custody. thats all.

calm down.... conditions are still unknown... and its not trumps
fault, take a chill pill.

kids dying giving trump negative press is disgusting?
edit on 25-12-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Yup. The Mainstream Media using a tragedy to play politics shouldn't surprise anyone at this point...

Very sad news. To see kids lose their childhood to flee from a # life, and then die before they can do that is just sad.

+35 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
You break into my home and then have the nerve to complain that you got sick after you did?

Stay home and take your chances with the stellar Guatemalan healthcare system.

+19 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Crossing the dessert to illegally enter another country with a child probably isn’t the best idea. I’m sorry for what happened but it’s disgusting how people will politicize this, I bet people on twitter on are blaming trump already.

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

reliable sources indicate that 24 THOUSAND people died of starvation on christmas day

people need to get thier pirorities straight

+18 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

The parents need to be charged with negligent homicide if they came with the child.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
A dead child. On Christmas. Nothing sadder. Blame Trump. How obvious.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
So, if I hike my kid across mexico acting as a nwo actor, it may be unhealthy for them?

Wait till these scurvy people give your kids tb, or some other skank disease we already eradicated.

Bad parents should feel bad.

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I didn't mention Donald Trump once.

It IS propaganda.

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

If I dragged my child on foot from Ohio to California through the desert I would most certainly face charges of child endangerment/neglect.

Of course we have the father's word the child was perfectly healthy before they got here....

If your child was so healthy and happy you should have stayed home in the first place.

Also, that BS Statue of Liberty quote "give us your huddled masses...etc." is on a French statue so, go to France and warm yourselves by the fires set by their immigrants who were just "yearning to breathe free".

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Very sad, and if anything a moment to thank your lucky stars that you were born into the country that you were.

On a side note, my best friends sister went the the doctor with the flu, she was admitted and was dead the next morning.
Sometime sickness kills and does not matter where you are. Sometimes there really isn't a conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
It is pretty GD frightening that we have an absolute subversive media trying to flood our country with illegals.

We need to call these effers out and end this bs.

The news isn't just fake and annoying anymore, it's subversion.

People in the media deserve a beatdown for this behavior.

People directing the bought media need a beatdown.

Sweet baby jesus' bday, we need to bring back bullying and get these subversive crybullies under control.

Merry xmas

The dead kid probably isn't even real btw.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

The dead kid may not be real but, there are likely many children dying today as many days.

Perhaps the idea is to think of those less fortunate and no, I do not believe that our borders should be wide open for anyone to come in and have anything handed to them. My father immigrated from Ireland in the 60s and he worked and earned his place like every other folk before us, with the exception of natives.

I think anytime a child dies, the parent's fault for poor decisions or not, we should take notice. There is too much suffering in the world and at this particular time, this Christmas, we should care...just a bit...don't you think?

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
So the his condition prior to being taken into care isn’t account for. They didn’t murder the child . The child was killed by being dragged around half way across the world in substandard conditions subjected to them by the parents.

They just couldn’t save em.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

As unfortunate as it is, the misuse of 4th estate protections by propagandists and political activists, leads us to a situation where they need to be revised.

Objective reporting should be protected but op-ed pieces disguised as news should fall outside of those protections.

Non objective sources should have to label their reporting as entertainment/satire and carry a warning that they are not a trustworthy source for real news.

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Drag a sick child on a 5000 mile hike through hell, hand him over to ICE, them scream bloody murder when he dies from an illness he contracted in the sh*thole country he came from. The ACLU are standing by ready to handle your claim against the US for negligence, racism, and the violation of Constitutional rights you don't have in this country.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
For me the case is clear. In both cases there's only one person to blame, the adult who was responsible for them. I say it that way because of all the cases I've been reading about with adults traveling with what they claim is their child. They do this looking for the "Oh it's just a mother/father and child looking for a better life, we should help them" response from the American people. In truth they're not even related in any way shape or form. Then you have all the, I'm just a 16 year old kid, when in fact they are 23 and wanted by police. These people put these children at risk in many cases just to get that free medical care paid for by the US tax payers. I'm sick of taking care of some criminal and their kids while my kids are having to pay a couple hundred dollars a month for insurance to cover my grandkids. I for one would not feel bad if they find someone who's sick just pack them back where they came from so they can find a doctor there.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

It is obscene that children are in custody in the first place.

The political system under the Dems is just as much to blame as the system under the Reps. Their systematic and inhumane treatment of people indicates the true evil that underlies their actions.

Both sides pointing the finger of blame at each other does nothing. The unjust laws need to be overturned.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join