It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 22

page: 193
<< 190  191  192    194  195  196 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Hope you enjoy your movie Brent. I have been doing laundry and stuff.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

And I am older than you. LOL
Ok Hun. I just sat down to finally relax my back. Going to check now.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Tell us what you think of the movie.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

And I am older than you. LOL
Ok Hun. I just sat down to finally relax my back. Going to check now.

I'm talking about in human years, not pixie years.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I thought it was OK. Apparently it's what's called "extreme cinema" which means a lot of gore. For 1981 the effects were decent. 6.5/10

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I agree that it was just "OK". What I have been watching these days is the series "The Expanse". I enjoy the science part being pretty correct as this is a sci-fi series.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I found this little fell'a whilst descending through the clouds to The Shed.
What a view, the stars are always shinning.
"Oh Happy Day" no time to find the song. And I am dripping with sarcasm.
Minor Rant
I love my job, it is challenging, never boring, I am treated well, yada, yada.
BUT I work alternate weekends and so does a retiree who only works, that weekend, twenty hours over four days.
She has yet to, in the past five months, engage in simple trivial conversation. She has never said "How are you/today?" She never asks what I have been up to, nothing, nada. But as soon as I, as a normal person does, asks her how she is or what she has been up to, she throws up all over me.
She has a different life threatening ailment every two weeks. There are endless and very detailed accounts of every trivial aspect of her personal life, which sadly is the same thing every two weeks.
I don't think she knows she is repeating her self. I just go "Ah ha, that is sad, Oh My etc."
But the worst part is she has OCD in a really bad way.
I like to keep things clean and tidy.
So I will clean a drawer a shelf or something and organize things so they are accesible.
God help me. She has this mantra "You are changing everything" and almost bursts into tears.
I cleaned a drawer with spatulas and organized them by size. She had a fit.
Then I organized the lids we use and she fricken yelled at me.
She is nuts, bi-polar. Some mornings she comes in all nice, watery eyed (meds) shows me pics I could care less about, well I would if she had the courtesy to engage in my life, I would.
She does dishes and I don't bother her with how she does that. Actually i do most of my own. A pride thing.
I hate working with psycho people, the thing is they get you in trouble with their manipulative "feel sorry for me" attitude.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
You are still a young one then as I'm older than you.

Thank You Blue, but I have spent decades practicing being opinionated and grumpy, give me that

What I don't like are aches and pains. Shish. Hugs your way.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

She is nuts, bi-polar. Some mornings she comes in all nice, watery eyed (meds) shows me pics I could care less about,

This is the second time you have put down bi-polar people. The first time was how you would go on and on about your previous boss and call her down for being bi-polar.

Bi-polar people didn’t have a choice in dealing with that aspect of mental health, and you should give them kudos for at least trying to work instead of putting them down, like you are somehow so superior to them.

As far as the rest of it ( her never asking about you ) .. I’d have to get both sides of the story.

I think you’re being unreasonably hard on people who did not choose mental illness as a way to go through life. You on the other hand have choices on how you try to treat them and how much compassion you have.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Okay, we all can be 162 years of age if you like
, wait we gotta asks Gordi first.

One of the things that is a drawback of getting old is being tall. It makes picking up things much more of a challenge as the floor is further away then it should be. Of course finding anything on the bottom shelf of the grocery store is out of the question as well. Who can read any items by your feet.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   
removed
edit on 9-2-2019 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   

edit on 2 9 2019 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I just woke up here. Been exhausted and needed the sleep.

Blue look for a PM.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

People, please don't let her get the Shed closed down. Just ignore her.

I hardly think little old me has the power to close down the Shed and it has never been my intention to do so. If WIS is going to talk negatively about her work and the people she works with AGAIN.. I will speak up. Having known people I love deeply who suffer from this mental health condition , I don’t appreciate WIS constantly putting bipolar people down.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   
If you people have a problem, please take it to PMs.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
She has a different life threatening ailment every two weeks. There are endless and very detailed accounts of every trivial aspect of her personal life, which sadly is the same thing every two weeks.
I don't think she knows she is repeating her self. I just go "Ah ha, that is sad, Oh My etc."
But the worst part is she has OCD in a really bad way.
I like to keep things clean and tidy.
So I will clean a drawer a shelf or something and organize things so they are accesible.
God help me. She has this mantra "You are changing everything" and almost bursts into tears.
I cleaned a drawer with spatulas and organized them by size. She had a fit.
Then I organized the lids we use and she fricken yelled at me.
She is nuts, bi-polar. Some mornings she comes in all nice, watery eyed (meds) shows me pics I could care less about, well I would if she had the courtesy to engage in my life, I would.
She does dishes and I don't bother her with how she does that. Actually i do most of my own. A pride thing.
I hate working with psycho people, the thing is they get you in trouble with their manipulative "feel sorry for me" attitude.

I feel you, my sister-in-law's niece is bipolar, and holy crap, can she go from sweet & lovely to Exorcist bat guano on a dime off her meds. I don't speak to her anymore, after being manipulated for her own gain one too many times -- you eventually wise up, have enough of their BS party, and burn the bridge for them and wash your hands of it. She did eventually help herself and get medicated, but IMO, too little too late there.

What's really ironic is that the bulk of their family has BD to one wild degree or another, but she was the only one to go off the rails enough to completely alienate all of them from her and might as well be disowned. SIL is the only person that still talks to her. Granted, she's medicated now, but that was a lot of familial warfare in her wake. And while I understand bipolars don't have a lot of control over impulses, knowing they have enough to snap into Cover Their Ass manipulation mode at the flip of the proverbial switch completely prevents me from having pity or sympathy. There's only so much of it to be given, and that well ran dry long ago for her.
edit on 2/9/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Frying some fish. Yummy tartar sauce to follow.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

I'll join you. My mom never cooks any fish unless I bring it home.

edit on 2 9 2019 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
Frying some fish. Yummy tartar sauce to follow.

Mmmmmm, fried fish! My favorite is fried grouper, but fried snapper runs a close second

One of the grocery store locations that was closed due to the power outages got power back on and reopened today. The perishable food seemed to have held up fine, they said they didn't lose much at all. We got that small stockpile of sirloin and bacon (10 lbs of each, woohoo!!) but the bratwurst was sold out when we got there, and we just didn't have the time to wait for a fresh batch to be made (that and the butchers were clearly extremely busy back there)

new topics

top topics

<< 190  191  192    194  195  196 >>

join