It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 22

page: 192
<< 189  190  191    193  194  195 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank You. I just wish I could get my energy levels up. Any assertion makes me fatigued and causes pain. I guess that comes with ageing. So I just rest on my days off. From every thing.
Actually I shouldn't complain but be grateful, I still have my home and all that goes with it. A year ago it was a grand mess.
How is life?
Oh, I almost forgot, here is a cool picture for those who like to say "You Got Mail"

edit on 8-2-2019 by WalkInSilence because: picture

edit on 8-2-2019 by WalkInSilence because: Just

edit on 8-2-2019 by WalkInSilence because: Size change

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Redundant question. My bad.
edit on 8/2/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
a reply to: Nyiah

Are they not accepting cash?

They used to have another location near us (this is a small independent mom & pop chain, BTW) that closed last year, and it lost power there a handful of times while it was open.
As I recall the employees explaining once while turning people away at the door after the power went out, it's not just about the cash option, it's multiple things -- the most important is the freezers and meat coolers, both the ones we see and the ones the butchers work out of in the back. Even in cold temps like we have right now, the interior of the building is warmer than outside and things can spoil even when it's 10* outside if the store is set for 80*. They cannot sell the cold or frozen food once it warms past a certain temperature.
We've witnessed this firsthand in the now closed place, the electric in the building they rented was pretty lousy and failed in the coolers & freezers section twice, ALL of the cold & frozen food could not be sold and had to be thrown out to avoid bacterial growth. It's just not worth risking making your customers sick. Being an indie grocer, it really stung their bottom line.

The second being the computerized inventory system & electronic scales at the registers for produce, they're tied to the registers, which are thus tied to the computerized inventory system. The whole shebang helps keep records much better than by hand, but it has it's obvious drawbacks in outages.

Third is the weather & transit conditions themselves. It was pretty crappy out there today, borderline whiteout blowing snow (I know you know what that's like!) and incredibly slick roads. The hills were...fun. We slid through a few lights despite desperately trying to stop, and we weren't the only ones unable to stop.
It was pretty hazardous, we passed numerous accidents and literally watched someone rear-end a semi at an intersection because they just couldn't stop in time even with greater distance, the roads were so slick (they were fine, BTW, but the car was trashed)
There are also still thousands of downed power lines and trees that need cleared.
If I were a store owner with no power and looking at the weather and road conditions, I'll tell my employees to just stay put if they can, too.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Reply to Light

Are you asking Wis for a date or what? LOL

edit on 8-2-2019 by Night Star because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

"I know it's not a polite question to ask a lady but, how old are you? (I'm 48.) "

Don't you worry your cute, tangled, young head my friend.

It's funny, because people my age here listen to a whole different type of music and seem to have settled into a certain "time frame" that I simply can't relate to. And they definitely can't relate to me.
My many years in Europe exposed me to all sorts of progressive things that are alien to my surroundings.
We are almost on par. Silly goose
edit on 8-2-2019 by WalkInSilence because: Just

edit on 8-2-2019 by WalkInSilence because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   

that is too funny, he would never do that
he knows me too well. I am grumpy, opinionated and picky with my company and food.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Nyiah

I haven't been down that way yet but no probs. Work was off during the day today and it's somewhat close.

Best I can do.

You were right, and they're both definitely without power, at least they were in the morning when we headed out & swung by both with high hopes.

Looks like both areas aren't going to get power back until Monday. God damn it, I was looking real forward to the sale on the sirloin, bratwurst & bacon. The Holy Trinity of meat is on sale -- and a really GOOD sale -- and we can't get any because the damned power is out & the sale ends Sunday

We were eying that same sale! Someone should sell them a generator!

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Sorry you missed the great sale too Jiminy!

I'm here, but half asleep. I was just checking in and saw your post.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Winterpocalypse waits for no meat!

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 01:14 AM
link   

It should at least have waited for the meat sale to be over. Sheesh!

Just found the latest heavy metal music thread. I should have known you'd be there. LOL

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 01:35 AM
link   

The best threads to find common ground!

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 02:31 AM
link   

If you wear a seat belt !

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

If you wear a seat belt !

Indeed. Also I add a helmet!

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Wise choice !

Air bags are optional ...

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
This may not play in other countries. Song "Rainbow Tongue" by Age of Electric

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Sorrry Jiminy, I fell asleep and didn't get to say goodnight.

Sorry I missed you Timely.

Autorico, you should be around at this hour as well as others. Then again it gets slow on a weekend sometimes. I never know what to expect, so I just check in. LOL

Night Star? Raises hand, Present!

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Just watching a movie at the moment called The Beyond (1981)

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

You are still a young one then as I'm older than you.

HEY NIGHT, I sent you a PM

new topics

top topics

<< 189  190  191    193  194  195 >>

join