It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 22

page: 195
<< 192  193  194    196  197  198 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

I remember how much you always spoke of your hiking out in nature and what an amazing experience that was for you. Maybe some day you can return again.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Lots of white tailed deer, rabbits, possum, squirrels, all sorts of birds (right now the geese are flying through doing their honking sounds), foxes and once in a while a coyote.

I hike every morning....because I walk my large dog Venture....so more accurately it's him dragging me through the woods (he's half American Fox Hound, half Coon Hound so tracking things is really important to him).

Gets pretty hot and humid during the summer though (up to 100, with 60% humidity....blah), and quite buggy (oh my, the list of bugs is....very, very long).

Ah, there are snakes here too: pit vipers, black racers, rat snakes are the most common. The pit viper is a rattler, so you have to watch for them. Lizards too.

Oh, and field mice. My cats catch them all the time and bring them to me.

And of course I have my chickens here:

Good lord, I just saw the time, 1:05 am, I need to carry my big butt to bed......us old folk need our rest. I'll catch y'all in the mornin'

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Just to let everyone know...do not panic. I repeat, do not panic. We still have pages to go yet and even if we went a tiny bit over, I'm sure it will be ok. I already have a special opening post ready for our new Shed 23 when the time comes. So relax, have fun and don't worry about a thing. We will have a new home soon enough.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   

There are wooded parks not far from here. Not quite the same thing though.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Yer good.

We can let threads get up to 400 pages. Then yah, it has to shut down after that (if they get bigger than that, it can cause problems, the most famous of which was that Fukashima...er...spelling...thread that was something like over 1,000 pages long, and it broke it).

So no need to start up another until you get close to like 380 or so pages.

Okay, now I really am going to bed (cats are yelling at me).

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Oh I love your chickens! Being a city girl, I'm like a kid when I see farm animals. Hell, I even love snakes and lizards. I would be leery of the dangerous snakes though. My Sister sees foxes every Spring in her yard. Here where I am, I've only seen one in my entire life. I cannot tolerate heat and humidity though. I have a couple of meds that make me flush as it is, so parts of Summer can be brutal for me when I'm out. Sweet dreams Hun!

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

Yer good.

We can let threads get up to 400 pages. Then yah, it has to shut down after that (if they get bigger than that, it can cause problems, the most famous of which was that Fukashima...er...spelling...thread that was something like over 1,000 pages long, and it broke it).

So no need to start up another until you get close to like 380 or so pages.

Okay, now I really am going to bed (cats are yelling at me).

Oh cool! Thank you so much! Get to bed. You don't want to upset the kitties. LOL

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I wonder if Jiminy got his meats too?

We ordered pizza earlier and will have the prime rib tomorrow. The thing is...one of the pizza places offers this huge round cookie ice cream cake thingy with vanilla ice cream on top of a chocolate cookie, bits of chocolate pieces, cherries and M&M's on top. Damned thing has been screaming at me all night so...yes, I'm being bad and having some.

Mark is a bad influence and I have no will power.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 02:27 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Hi Night!
I saw where you posted that you are tired all of the time. You might try avoiding as much sugar as possible especially in drinks.
Today I drink zero sugar in any beverage. None in my coffee or tea and it took some doing but today I actually prefer tea and coffee with no sugar! I don't drink soft drinks at all.

If there is sugar in what little beer and whiskey I drink. That's the only sugar I get.
I do eat snickers or home made brownies now and then or cake but not every day and feel better.

I suffered for years with being tired. When I was 16 I loved cinnamon rolls and milk every morning for breakfast if there was no Hardee's biscuits to be found and I soon crashed hard on it.
I worked outdoors always on the road going different places following construction work most of my life.

An apple gets me going when I feel like I can't make it though the day now. In fact an apple a day helps me more than any single thing I've ever eaten. I like Gala apples.

I love that Ratt's - Round and Round song that you posted. Thats one of my favorite rock songs.
I had to skip to the end again cuz I don't have time to catch up in the Shed.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Trucker1

If I think back to how much sugar I used to consume 10 - 15 years ago, horrifying. Just at work, eight cups of coffee with 2 spoons of sugar. 16 spoons a day plus the coffee I drank at home.

Now all I use is a tiny amount (small teaspoon, not regular size, less than a quarter spoon) and if you saw me do it you'd probably ask me "What's the point?" A small amount of (cane) sugar takes the edge of the bitterness. Never drank soda, way too sugary.

A female friend (20 something) asked me what she could do to lose weight. (She is not fat at all, just short)

"I know how but you won't like my answer. One small change to your diet. No soda, it contains at least 9 spoons of sugar in one tiny can (they fool you by adding salt) adds up."

She still drinks soda. Ah well, I tried.
edit on 10/2/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: Trucker1

A female friend (20 something) asked me what she could do to lose weight. (She is not fat at all, just short)

Actually it is far from rocket science. Spend more calories, than your calorie intake is, then one will lose weight. I've seen perfectly hot looking women having anxiety about their weight. It is our current messed up beauty standards. You should have no waist at all, but still gigantic tits. It looks very unnatural in my eyes.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

You have a lot of land. Are you allowed to build another house on your land if you wanted to? Are you allowed to farm the land? Are you allowed to chop down a tree (or possibly just collect deadwood) for your fire? Are you allowed to hunt on your land if you wanted to?

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

True but one thing people forget is that excess sugar intake is converted to fat by the body. She plays sport so is quite active sometimes but soda elimination would solve her problem immediately. One can a day. Doesn't sound like much but still.

There's an excellent docu on sugar but I forget the name. It's a talk an endocrinologist gives (if I remember rightly) and basically sugar is for the body what alcohol is for the body. Poison. I only use raw cane sugar and, sometimes, honey but only for cooking. And then very sparingly. It kills the flavour because sugar masks taste.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

You have a lot of land. Are you allowed to build another house on your land if you wanted to? Are you allowed to farm the land? Are you allowed to chop down a tree (or possibly just collect deadwood) for your fire? Are you allowed to hunt on your land if you wanted to?

The answer is "Yes" to all your questions.

There are certain rules about some things. For example I could cut down and chop up every single tree here on the land if I wanted to (what a waste, and not something I would do. What I do is thin out areas and use what I do cut down).

I can hunt certain game, but it has to be in season too. I can't just kill a deer because I feel like it, I have to have tags from the wild life service. Of course if I did take one down and didn't tell anyone, there's no game wardens walking around on my land. But if I got caught doing that, the fines would be pretty bad, so just better to play by their rules.

Also: can't just start shooting a gun in any direction I want. I have to make sure that the rounds do not leave my property, nor go down to the road.

I could farm if I want (blah....that's a lot of work), but for me it's easier to just have veggie gardens, large ones, which is what I do.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Yes i know. A human can get addicted to food. Well of course on some level we are all addicted to it but i mean binge eating (is that a term?) I am not the one to blame due to being an alcoholic.

Sometimes i have been wondering, i can have 20 cans of beer on many days of a week. Is that calories or what? still i am 182cm and 72 kilos. I would want 10-15 kilos of muscle. Have talked about this online and IRL for years. I have come to a conclusion that writing or talking about it does not give me muscle mass, i would actually have to exercise

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

What? so we have a hunter here?

You have plenty of my respect. I hunt vacuum bagged bargain meat from a grocery store. You are "in the source" without causing unneeded suffering to animals like my turbocharged produced animals that truly don't live happily in the forests.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Wow! Just wow! (I get the hunting season thing, nothing less than logical imho.) So here's my next question.

In Holland if you want to build your own house you can buy land. Where I live that land will cost you 400-500 euros per square metre. (3 square feet.) An average house land is 40,000-50,000 euros. I realise the US has lots of land and that price probably also depends on the area you live in but, what is your land worth per square foot/metre/acre?

(I'm not trying to ascertain your wealth, just to be clear.)

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

You pointed your question to awful erik, but i will answer anyway because if i post, i think only what i post and the ghosts in my brains sleep during that time.

Income: permanent disability pension due to mental health reasons. 50 square meter apartment. Combined kitchen/living room and a bedroom, then a bathroom, balcony and a sauna. 532 euros a month. electricity is about one euro a day depending on how much i am in my sauna. Water is next to nothing.

I have a deal with social security welfare. I don't get any money from there, but all my other welfares go there, then they pay my rent and electricity and water bill, and give the rest to me on mondays and fridays.

Otherwise i would drink my rent money. It has happened in my previous apartment and then i had to sell my playstation 3. It sucked, man.

new topics

top topics

<< 192  193  194    196  197  198 >>

join