It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nimitz story in the former OMF forum

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Through my super secret sources I have acquired actual surveillance footage of TFT downloading the Nimitz video and documents. I have uploaded this footage to a German vide... er YouTube:

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
In all seriousness, I don't have military experience but if I was put into a situation where a superior asked me to help install a CD burner in violation of stated security policy I would immediately report them to a higher authority.

I'm all in favor of transparency but not in situations where leaked data could get my fellow service men and women literally killed.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: coursecatalog
In all seriousness, I don't have military experience but if I was put into a situation where a superior asked me to help install a CD burner in violation of stated security policy I would immediately report them to a higher authority.

I'm all in favor of transparency but not in situations where leaked data could get my fellow service men and women literally killed.

Very noble, but no-one was ever going to be in danger of getting killed, you snitch

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

AS if you know this about any potential other data leaks.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

AS if you know this about any potential other data leaks.

If I did, I wouldn't tell you

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The real question being discussed is lacking context. With context the question becomes do you think whistleblowing is ever justified?

edit on 9-6-2019 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
The real question being discussed is lacking context. With context the question becomes do you think whistleblowing is ever justified?

Morality extends beyond government, and history has shown that authorities will twist and take advantage over anything in order to benefit themselves, the UFO subject, the financial system, the terrorist threat etc.

So, undoubtedly, yes

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

Very noble, but no-one was ever going to be in danger of getting killed, you snitch

Oh, come on.
I am not talking about just UFO data here and you know that.
There's a lot of sensitive information that can be used to put people in harm's way.
You can't be that naive?

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The main concern I have in this event (the data acquired) is how easy it was to bypass security. What other info walked away with more serious consequences.

edit on 6/9/2019 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

Oh, come on.
I am not talking about just UFO data here and you know that.
There's a lot of sensitive information that can be used to put people in harm's way.
You can't be that naive?

Not in this case, so that makes you the naive one. Additionally, just because an authority says so, doesn't always actually make it so

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

In my experience, those kinds of items would be on a server and certainly not anyone’s workstation.

A workstation on a network therefore access to data on that network. It didn't need to be stored on that machine.

Just because one is on a network doesn’t remotely give them access to a server other than the rights described in their network account.

So TFT probably had the rights to do that: copy this file built into his rights…superuser or whatever...or admin rights, etc. On networks, they just don’t give rights to copy any old file.

edit on 9-6-2019 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

The only concern I have in this event (the data acquired) is how easy it was to bypass security. What other info walked away with more serious consequences.

And that gets to the gist of the subject here and gives a very defined question,Why did the ADP do this?

I guess such an element could give a degree of protection to TFT? I don't see it for a few reasons, however. Wouldn't seem to protect him much for one. Certainly wouldn't stand up to an investigation if not true. So I've been assuming it's true that the ADP did request TFT to do this.

So, why? How does it play into this. If it's true it tells us something very important about all of this to include how much validity we might give TTSA. That may not seem to follow about TTSA, but I think it very well could depending the answer to the mystery of the ADP. Have we ever figured out what an ADP is?

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

ABOARD USS ENTERPRISE, At sea (NNS) -- For the crew of USS Enterprise (CVN 65) deployed in support of the global war on terrorism, email is critical at sea. Sailors used to wait weeks, even months, to get the latest gossip from friends or news of the latest birth in the family. Letters had to be flown out from the United States and then sorted and delivered to each ship. Today, Sailors aboard Big E have the luxury of daily email access, thanks to the hard-working Sailors in the Automated Data Processing division, otherwise known as ADP.

"First and foremost, our mission is customer service," said Lt. j.g. Kenneth Box, ADP division officer. "We provide services the crew depends on for morale and welfare. We give them the ability to email and Web browse, in addition to the ability to complete their jobs."

Customer service representatives man ADP's help desk 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The 27 Sailors who make up the division maintain more than 5,000 user accounts and 2,500 unclassified computers.

"ADP is a customer service-oriented division," said Information Systems Technician 2nd Class Michele Fox, an ADP trouble call technician. "We take care of all of ship's company and Carrier Air Wing (CVW) 1."

One Sailor always mans the help desk telephone, ready to take trouble calls. There is also a trouble call technician working at the desk itself, to help Sailors who may stop in with problems concerning anything from password changes to reinstalling basic software.

"We try to look at every person who walks through the door from the morale and welfare standpoint," said Box. "If we can't help them to get on the network, they may not be getting emails from home, and that's huge out here."

ADP: Here to Handle Your Computer Needs

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Likely these videos for whatever reason weren’t thought of as particularly important security -wise if they could be accessed by a PC Tech with an admin account.

On any kind of departmental sever, there would be videos of department parties, ceremonies, technical things, and all kinds of stuff that ordinary users might or might not have access to...
One with some admin rights could then copy them

Maybe these videos weren’t under any particular security umbrella.

A good question for TFTR might be when did this happen and when were they copied

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I've spent my life in IT. I understand all of this. Either he did or didn't get and release the data.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
We would have to know how security and rights are structured on the ship and network to know if it was possible.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

A good question for TFTR might be when did this happen and when were they copied

I believe the data was extracted from the ship, so before they were reviewed for classification status

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I'm only responding to the interest in this detail, which doesn't at all bother me. I believe he is TFT.

As for details in the copying. It might tell us what I mentioned above, that the navy didn't view this video with any particular security interest.

Obviously, if it was in a server folder marked Top secret or one marked Public, it is a vast difference and of vast interest.

Also, I think it may be important to know when the original event happened and when the copy was made.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The point is, the evidence points that TFT didn’t do a damn thing illegal!

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I got the impression (from his post) it was within a few days of the event.

As for details in the copying. It might tell us what I mentioned above, that the navy didn't view this video with any particular security interest.

Yeah, It doesn't seem to be considered a leak of "secret" data.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join