It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting reported at Florida high school

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

point proven by this discussion

people think that only wealthy people matter or people with good jobs matter everyone else is cannon fodder

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Soulece

Some people looks for words of encouragement. Some of us prefer actions.

Those who do not truly feel the sting of today's events prefer no words of condolence. Those who do feel that sting... do they matter?

There are parents right now absolutely heartbroken... their very reason for living has been yanked away with no notice and no reason. Do you know how that feels? I don't, thank God Himself!, but I can try to imagine. Can you? Some of these souls need God's grace and peace right now, more than the very air they breathe. Will you deny them that?

TheRedneck

Do I know how that feels? I watched my mother die of cancer slowly when I was 16. So in a way, sure. I know what loss feels like. You think they need gods grace? I say they need to mourn this in anyway suited for them. Not forced doctrine. That only works for the same believers as you. Will I deny them it? No. But I will point out its forcing it onto them. Let them deal in their own way. They dont NEED gods grace. They need their own way of peace. Whatever it is.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

In an interview, a student said: "everyone predicted this."

Source
...and nothing done about it? FFS. Seems that it's an all too common issue in these cases. Recipe for more Police State? Never let a good crisis, or an impending one, go to waste.

because they don't care about each other at all

why would they?

their parents only love them if they get good grades and do good in school so would they be loving themselves? they aren't raised in a culture of empathy they are raised in a culture of success

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
20 were transported to hospital but you've got 17 dead?

That means more than one shooter or someone with professional training as a shooter.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
20 were transported to hospital but you've got 17 dead?

That means more than one shooter or someone with professional training as a shooter.

Not true at all.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Police are minutes away when seconds count. Arm trained employees that carry concealed on their persons. Let people have a fighting chance.

Molon Labe.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

Or some aren’t dead? Jesus I hate when some at this place go conspiracy at every school shooting

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad
I just ran across a forum called incels.me that is praising this dude right now.
Best I can tell they're a bunch of self-proclaimed ugly people that have been bullied their whole lives and are blaming society of "chads" and " stacies" for these acts.

It's utterly disgusting and I didn't realize there were actually that many people that think in such a way.

Not justifying these people , but we have the MSM always talking about sexism and racism as the primary victims in today's society.

However, I'm willing to bet that ugly people truly get discriminated against more often than anyone else.

I guess since all sexes and race have ugly people it wouldn't be a helpful cause to their agenda of keeping us all fighting each other.

Where is the #uglypeoplematter cause from Hollywood and the MSM?

(post by MOMof3 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Again EU orchestrated MKULTRA operation against Trump's restoration of the USA independence from the British Empire.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I'm mentioning it because what about the school as he wasn't allowed there with a backpack, the authorities,etc ?
edit on 14-2-2018 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Your comment is frankly insulting. How the heck do you know that all kids don't care for one another and parents only love their kids if they get good grades? So we're living in a "culture of success?" What are you, some sort of expert in human behavior? I got news for you, the majority of parents love their kids unconditionally and only hope that their kids are putting in their best effort in school. I always told my kids to do their best and if they needed help with anything to ask their teacher, or me for help. How do you know, that all parents don't raise their kids in a loving and empathic environment?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
This reporter on Fox just referred to one of the guns used as a "semi-automatic rifle, AR-15 semi-assault rifle".

At this point, wouldn't it be a good idea for the major news agencies to send all their field reporters to a #ing gun class so they have the slightest clue what they're reporting about when they go to these? It may seem like a silly detail, but not knowing a damn thing about guns means they don't even know the right questions to ask when there local authorities give press conferences. Every time I watch one of these press conferences there are obvious questions that never get asked because the reporters just don't know anything. Or they ask redundant questions, like in the opening statement the Sheriff will mention the caliber of the weapon, and then in the Q&A one of the reporters will ask what kind of bullets it fires.

edit on 14 2 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Bodies aren't even cold yet and you just can't help yourself. But if you want to go there, more people die in Chicago in a single weekend and a Republican hasn't touched that city in decades.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
Quoted post removed by Staff

Extremely ignorant and uninformed post. Please get educated on this subject. No war weapons were used. You don't even know the basics.
edit on 14-2-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Something has to be done about these school shootings. It seems like we hear of a school shooting every couple of weeks! What's wrong with these kids today?? What's going on with some parents that their kids have so much hate and anger?? How does a nineteen year-old have access to so many guns? When is our education system and our legislatures going to start taking these school shootings seriously!

The current lock-down plans do nothing to protect these students and arm teachers to help defend themselves. They just become sitting ducks for the shooter.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soulece
I see absolutely no reason to have these semi-automatic weapons be available. I never get a clear response when I ask people this. They usually only say "it's our right to acquire guns". Ok, neat, you can have a hand gun! A rifle! Just as cool, right? These semi's are the weapon of choice for mass murders. If you get rid of them, it doesnt stop shootings. I know this. But that person can go in with a hand gun, but wont be able to kill as many people. If there's a scenario where people have to die and theres no ways around it, id rather less died than more, wouldnt you? Next, they will claim if you ban them they will just go through the black market. True. Although, I do not thinks everybody will have access to it. So that would drop mass shootings from what they are now, to a much lower number. Sure, it still could happen, but LESS would happen. I cannot fathom how somebody could not think of this as clearly as I am.

Do you understand what a semi-automatic gun is? Every single one of my hand guns are semi-automatic. That simply means that it chambers the next round when I shoot. It is the gun I carry at all times. IF I ever have to use it I sure as hell don't want to worry about racking my slide every time, seconds count. Learn before you speak.

It has already been shown this man had some serious mental issues. Let's address that. Seems like every almost every single time it comes down to mental illness of today's people.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
www.miamiherald.com...
Some students believed there was a second shooter at the school..

I hate when some at this place go lone gunman at every school shooting.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I don't think it as seen as the problem. Many don't want to admit our society and it's changes may be the reason.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Well if carrying a gun is a mental illness, then you are correct.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join