It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting reported at Florida high school

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: roadgravel

I'm surprised more aren't like this...

TheRedneck

I've thought the same for many years. As much as people talk about too much of these events, I keep being thankful there are not more. Some people are reaching their perceived end, for whatever trigger in the mind.

People can be cruel, just for the lulz. But then, it's not a new thing either.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Confirmed reports now say at least 16 people dead.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I've seen his social media. He's a terrorist. And today is Ash Wednesday. What a twit.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

Sad........very sad.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I think the level is new, if the condition itself is not.

Family ties seem to be breaking down across society. Children are raised to a certain age, then "go take care of yourself." Others are kept so secure at home that they never grow up. The idea of respect between two strangers is long gone. Children have no one to lookup to... Daddy is always working, Mommy is always working, or they're dead tired when they get home, the teachers are too busy not getting cut to teach class, much less set a role model for their students, or they're just there to pick up a paycheck Friday. The police are certainly not their friends, because they see the police rounding up friends for jail over offenses that used to be handled at home. Sports heroes, maybe? There are a few, but most seem to be getting caught with their hands in something illegal or acting like a child themselves.

We give these kids no challenges to learn from and better themselves, thanks to participation trophies and the like, because we have removed the consequences (sometimes the possibility) of failure in the name of "fairness." We have left these kids with no dreams, no drive, no ambition, no desire for better... just an expectation that everyone will be nice and treat them like Mommy and Daddy did.

And it just doesn't work like that. They find out too late, with nowhere to go, because they passed that magical date when they were to suddenly miraculously change from an over-protected precious child to a self-sufficient, strong, capable adult.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Just want to update and clarify on that's someone else with a similar name.

I don't believe there's been a FB confirmed outside of that suspected one. The Instagram accounts: One was just removed where guns, ammo box, a dog, a gecko, etc., was posted and he used a gun manufacturer added onto his last name. The other one that was screened capped to IMgur-I didn't see it live, appears to have just had his name which had the guns, knives, the target,etc.
ETA: Checked it in Waybackmachine, it's what the IMgur screen caps are showing.
edit on 14-2-2018 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

ETA2:
These are being share don the media now, so I supposed it's okay to share on this site now?
One Source
edit on 14-2-2018 by dreamingawake because: ETA

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I just ran across a forum called incels.me that is praising this dude right now.
Best I can tell they're a bunch of self-proclaimed ugly people that have been bullied their whole lives and are blaming society of "chads" and " stacies" for these acts.

It's utterly disgusting and I didn't realize there were actually that many people that think in such a way.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Also the reporting of his name may be causing some confusion. It is Niko not Nico...

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
Wtf's wrong with you people...

Why would you discount someone's God in a time of need? ..Someone offering a solution/hope to another poster who said nothing could stop these shootings.

If it doesn't apply to you, let them be.

...or, you'd be wiser to listen to them (imo).

With all due respect, words are words.
I equivalent this to the 1 like = 1 prayer on facebook.

I may be bias but a lot of religious people claim they know how to fix problems and quote the bible. But that does not change anything. You cannot control the way people think or to cling on to your theory of religion.

I know this is not a positive response, but I had to reply since I feel like this was directed to my post.

Some people looks for words of encouragement. Some of us prefer actions.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I think your thoughts may well be near the center of the issue. The dynamics have changed for so many and it seems as though it can't work without a strong centering. It looks as though some are going of the rails due to it.

Work ethic and not needing instant gratification seem to be a passing thing. There is no easy street for normal people, effort is required.

It helps to also understand some people are just fake and need to be ignored, not envied and seen as living the correct path to a happy life. If those people's lives could only be seen in the future, when they are not the grand person they pretend to be at the time.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Chickensalad

Terrible tragedy, yet another individual warped by an amoral society. Prayers for the families and victims, and trusting Florida's justice system to punish this coward with a needle in the arm.
edit on 2/14/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785
I don’t know. I thought closing the gun show loophole was a good idea. But the politicians and the NRA decided that it was not, so that idea died. And then there was the idea of not letting those who could not fly, or on the terror watch list, and those too got fought over and died. Then there was the rule that would make it harder for people with mental illness to be able to get a firearm, and that got repealed.

There have been some very good ideas, but usually if it is perceived as a bad idea by say the NRA, it gets yanked or fought over, or repealed.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Oh I would not say we are an amoral society, but one where the politicians are bought for the highest dollar amount to vote against simple common sense laws, that would try to stem the problems like these from happening.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
17 dead apparently, Bloomberg twitter

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Just my opinion but I think there are people who see firearms as a status and power symbol or being "cool". If that's a person's primary motivation, it make me wary.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Soulece

Some people looks for words of encouragement. Some of us prefer actions.

Those who do not truly feel the sting of today's events prefer no words of condolence. Those who do feel that sting... do they matter?

There are parents right now absolutely heartbroken... their very reason for living has been yanked away with no notice and no reason. Do you know how that feels? I don't, thank God Himself!, but I can try to imagine. Can you? Some of these souls need God's grace and peace right now, more than the very air they breathe. Will you deny them that?

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
our culture of money being the only thing that matters drives the disconnect between families and communities

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

From your lips to God's ears.

The worst part is, we seem to be intent on moving farther from reality and toward teaching children how to fail by calling it success. It will take a change in perspective from all of society to change our course. I wonder how many dead children it takes to change a pundit's mind?

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I see absolutely no reason to have these semi-automatic weapons be available. I never get a clear response when I ask people this. They usually only say "it's our right to acquire guns". Ok, neat, you can have a hand gun! A rifle! Just as cool, right? These semi's are the weapon of choice for mass murders. If you get rid of them, it doesnt stop shootings. I know this. But that person can go in with a hand gun, but wont be able to kill as many people. If there's a scenario where people have to die and theres no ways around it, id rather less died than more, wouldnt you? Next, they will claim if you ban them they will just go through the black market. True. Although, I do not thinks everybody will have access to it. So that would drop mass shootings from what they are now, to a much lower number. Sure, it still could happen, but LESS would happen. I cannot fathom how somebody could not think of this as clearly as I am.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

In an interview, a student said: "everyone predicted this."

Source
...and nothing done about it? FFS. Seems that it's an all too common issue in these cases. Recipe for more Police State? Never let a good crisis, or an impending one, go to waste.
edit on 14-2-2018 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join