It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat earth theory?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

What flat earth theory boils down to , is a generation of people unwilling to accept commonly held knowledge of the natural world around us , proven by scientific analysis and backed up by independent observation of naturally occurring phenomenon by millions of scientific minds throughout history!
Everyone who currently believes in flat earth very recently believed in what they were taught in school to believe about the globe and space and the rest.
Only in the past 3 years have people been changing their minds in mass to have what you have today which is a huge movement and it all comes from the advancement of technology and it being available to ordinary people and being able to be used to do their own experiments and bypass the institutions that have controlled these things by all of it being dependent on government grants.
edit on 2018823 by LolliKum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

There are many different rebuttals debunking a myriad of flat Earth idea.
All easily shot down.
I think all arguments against the flat earth is just that it does not fit with what they previously believed.
There is no proof of a spherical earth so people have to resort to pure rhetoric to defend it.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

. . . my empirical question about Sydney to Santiago . . .
What was the question?
You asked how to explain a flight like that on flat earth.
I explained it, that if to try to place the route on an ordinary map projected from a globe, it will look like a big U but on a flat earth map it would be a straight line because the globe based maps are wrong.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

you cant answer any of them because there is no logical process to which you can result in a reasonable answer !
All those questions are easily answered.
Evolution is another theory, so nothing needs to "work" with it.
There is no magnetosphere.
Seasons come from variations in the orbit of the sun, where it moves from side to side, and the sun slows down in places and that spot moves over time.
There is no equator like on a sphere. And the earth does not spin.
What you do have is a middle point in the different orbit lines the sun takes over a year.
You have ice because the sun takes a middle position over the earth in its orbit, so there is a small point in the center of the circle of the earth that the sun goes around rather than over, and on the outer edge of the circle, the sun just does not get to near too, so that is all frozen as you see in Antarctica.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: LolliKum

There are many different rebuttals debunking a myriad of flat Earth idea.
All easily shot down.
I think all arguments against the flat earth is just that it does not fit with what they previously believed.
There is no proof of a spherical earth so people have to resort to pure rhetoric to defend it.

Ok, then please do so. Shoot down my question about circumpolar stars in the Southern Hemisphere as viewed from -- say, for example -- Johannesburg, South Africa and Perth, Australia.

Why would both of those loacations see the same stars at the same when looking "due south" on a compass, and why would those same stars appear to revolve around a due south point in each of their southern skies at the same time?

edit on 23/8/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: LolliKum

No magnetosphere aye , so what protects earth from harmful solar radiation ?
what stops earths atmosphere from being blown into space by solar wind ?
do you have any proof there isn't a magnetosphere

SO if technology is the reason for the rise in Flat earth, where are the experimental results and the data to support the hypotheses?

If its technology thats done this , why then has no one been to the ice wall and taken a picture ?

So if evolution is a theory and nothing needs to work with it , how do you explain DNA ?

If the earth doesnt spin, why then did we invent the gyroscope or gyrocompass , which is used in every modern aircraft or any modern device which uses flight

if the earth is flat, why are there other planets in the solar system which we clearly know are spherical through observation using technology as you put it , is earth the only planar solar body ?

So the Sun orbits the plane?

please dont use words like Orbit to explain flat earth !

edit on 23-8-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I beg you , just crowd fund a trip to the ICE wall and end it for good
prove to the world its a flat plane !

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
A question for flat earth believers only.

How do you consider the universe?

Is it.

a. Flat.

b. Spherical.

c. Doesn't exist.

d. Other.

Please explain your answers.

Purely out of interest only.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Also where are the "scientists" who are trying to prove this hypotheses , and Im not talking about "Youtube "
im talking about peer reviewed scientific journals which outline a proof for the theory !

Where are the scientists explaining this ?

AS I have never found one scientist out there doing this

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Why are there stars that can only be see in the Southern Hemisphere and other stars that could be only seen in the Northern hemisphere?
You need to be a very long ways away before you cannot see them. Really what you need to be asking is why we can see stars so far away when if the earth was a sphere, the curvature would block it a long time before when they do get so far away they disappear from our sight.

...But then how does that explain the circumpolar star trails in the Southern Hemisphere?
I don't think that they are like you describe. I mean I do not think that someone in South Africa, and New Zealand, and Chile, will see the same thing, that one would be directly south but the other two places will see the center of spin to one side or the other.

Please explain the observed apparent motions of the Southern Hemisphere stars as seen from these various far-away locations in the Southern Hemisphere.
There is someone I heard say the other night that he has the explanation for southern stars, I know the guy, I mean from his show that I listened to years ago, so I think he probably has it figured out, I can go to his sites and see where he put it and can get back on that.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

just out of interest, do you adhere to the glass dome/firmament thing?

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I am not looking for cool words, you say you do research, so do some and give me the actual answers.
I never said that I do research.
I said there are people who do research, I just listen to what they say about the research they did, any "searching" on my part is just searching through YouTube.
Anyway, sorry but this is the answer, the "flat earth" maps are basically guesses on how the continents are laid out but can give you a general idea, but it is as you say, these are large distances on the outer edge of the circle and no one flies those, this is just a fact, nor does anyone sail them. Why do you think they built the Suez Canal? It is because it is a tremendous route to go around the southern tip of Africa, that is bad enough but no one in the world will go from the tip of Africa to the tip of South America, it just never happens. I mean you can say a plane will go from one point to the other but they are not going around the outer edge. They go north through the US and likely go all the way to the West coast of the US and then go south to lower South America.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
Comets !

how does flat earth account for comets passing around the sun , if the sun isnt some huge object millions of miles away and its closer , how do they account for that
Mud Volcanoes.
You asked, I answered. This is the one I have heard. Apparently it is possible for volcanoes to spit out globs of mud into the air as high as the Sun.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

. . . circumpolar stars in the Southern Hemisphere as viewed from -- say, for example -- Johannesburg, South Africa and Perth, Australia.
I don't know if they do look the same, I have to say that they don't.
I will try to come up with a better answer, meanwhile you might want to show some evidence that they do look the same.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

This is why they built the Suez Canal:

Suez Canal: Wiki

Not because of FE. It's a shortcut.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

In the FE model, why do comets orbit the sun?

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

No magnetosphere aye , so what protects earth from harmful solar radiation ?
The Sun is inside the earths "sphere" of proximity.
The distance people have come up with repeatedly for the distance of the Sun from the Earth is three thousand miles.
I think a lot of theories have been made up about the Sun and radiation that just need to be thrown out and we need to start over on all these ideas to accommodate a flat earth.
I don't think you can prove so much the non-existence of something other than to point out the lack of evidence for its existence.

SO if technology is the reason for the rise in Flat earth, where are the experimental results and the data to support the hypotheses?
OK, the thing is, it is beyond a thesis, what the results are is that you can look and see a flat earth and that there is no curvature like you would expect if the Earth was a sphere.
So it is not like a theory, it is you are looking at a plane and it would be up to sphere believers to convince people it is not a flat plane as it clearly is, and so far, no scientists have come forward to make an argument, instead it is a huge attempt to silence anyone talking about it.

If its technology thats done this , why then has no one been to the ice wall and taken a picture ?
It is illegal to go there or to even fly over any area south of the 60th parallel.

If the earth doesnt spin, why then did we invent the gyroscope or gyrocompass , which is used in every modern aircraft or any modern device which uses flight
Because planes spin.

if the earth is flat, why are there other planets in the solar system which we clearly know are spherical through observation using technology as you put it , is earth the only planar solar body ?
The technology I was talking about that people can get now is what people can use while on earth.
In contrast to that, you have NASA which has had a monopoly on high tech stuff. One thing they claim to have is the ability to go into deep space, and they claim that they can take pictures of other planets.
The reality is that they cannot and they have instead developed ways to fake space, and everything that has ever been presented by them has been things generated from labs, like CGI images to simulate what they think a planet would look like.
What we do have is the ability to look up towards these lights from earth and we can actually focus in on them with a camera as if they are close objects, so they are really just points of light and anything about solid objects we can go to in rockets or whatever is fiction.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

So the Sun orbits the plane? please dont use words like Orbit to explain flat earth !
The Sun orbits around a point above the center of the circle of the earth.
I goes in an oval path and continues moving in oval paths, indefinitely.
It does not orbit like it is going around in circles in space around and around a big chunk of earth that is flat on one side.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

I beg you , just crowd fund a trip to the ICE wall and end it for good
prove to the world its a flat plane !

This already just happened, or something similar to this.
They were collecting money from people buying advanced tickets to fly over the poles and it got shut down.
Look there is a very serious concerted effort to protect the antarctic region from anyone going who is not involved in government specific missions there.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: blackcrowe

How do you consider the universe?
The Earth and the Sky above and some layers above the ordinary sky where the Sun moves around in that we cannot go into ourselves for some reason, since it seems to be a liquid substance impossible for a rocket to penetrate.
As for below the flat plane surface of the earth, I think there are some large empty spaces in it like Hell.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join