It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So now flirting or asking a girl out is sexual harassment

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
I have done that before, in a situation that I won't get into here, and it did not benefit me in the slightest. I think you are grossly oversimplifying things.

You may be right, but allow me to at least clarify before you dismiss what I am saying?

I am not referring to "speaking loud", "speaking like a bad-ass" or using a "threatening tone". I am more talking about composing yourself after you have just felt that uncomfortable situation. Coming back that same day and then using body language, tone, conviction of your voice, sincerity of intent and an unflinching stare, declare : "what you did was wrong. it was unacceptable. do it again and you will wish you had never seen me." AND don't drop your stare, don't flinch, don't walk away, make them be the first to flinch or change their body language or walk away.

Have you honestly tried that before?

Edit: Irrational fear stems from strong desperation to avoid confronting imminent truth. (You can witness EXACTLY what I am referring to if you review MY interactions with another member in this very thread. As in VERY recently. Think I am lying? Look for yourself and be the judge.)

edit on 24/4/2017 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Uberdoubter

The below logic pertains to men of any and all colors:

Men - ok
thoughtful nice men- super ok

creepy men- bad

see, just the creepy men are bad, i dont know where you are getting "Men bad. White men extra bad. Only women good"

logic - lost to so many

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

The below logic pertains to men of any and all colors:

Men - ok
thoughtful nice men- super ok

creepy men- bad

see, just the creepy men are bad, i dont know where you are getting "Men bad. White men extra bad. Only women good"

logic - lost to so many

Well, The narrative is there. Everywhere around us. Men - particularly white men - should feel some sort of "guilt" for being "privileged". So we are going from the Neanderthal ways of clubbing a woman and dragging her by the hair back to the cave - which of course is a bit rough - to the situation today, where almost ANY advances towards women count as some sort of rape.

Especially if you are worth "taking down" - Like Bill O'Reilly.

In one of the cases, he made a pass on a woman, she politely turned him down, he got grumpy, but that was about it - The woman kept working for him for 3 years after that.

Suddenly it's a harassment, several years later?

It's money in the bank, for sure. Maybe I should try it, the next time some female seems to dig my style - Yell "Raaaape!" and demand a million?
edit on 24-4-2017 by Uberdoubter because: Minor edit.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Nothing you said applies to the situation I was referring to. There was no 'coming back' and there was no irrational fear.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

White men are not automatically "privileged" so why should they feel some sort of guilt?

You can try your rape yelling technique for 1 mil and let me know how it goes.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Kali74

I have a USB recorder that will record every word said, through the fabric of my pants, at the touch of a button. It cost $5.

How do you prove you're innocent?

TheRedneck

Careful pushing that button in your pants around a co-worker of the opposite sex. It may be misinterpreted.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

White men are not automatically "privileged" so why should they feel some sort of guilt?

Of course we are not privileged - but that is the narrative. That is the story permeating MSM. Just dig deeper. Smell the coffee.

The whole "I didn't really feel like it 4 months ago, so now I decide it was rape" techinique sure works wonders for women, but the figure of 1 million would of course only work in USA, where you probably could settle for $10 million if you didn't like the sound of your neighbours lawn mower.
edit on 24-4-2017 by Uberdoubter because: Typo.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

How is it creepy to make sure no one can falsely accuse me of saying something improper?

And it's not paranoid if everyone's really out to get you.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Gosh now it's white men. White men have it so much rougher than everyone else.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Gosh now it's white men. White men have it so much rougher than everyone else.

Can you believe someone almost tried to count the number of items in my basket the other day in the express lane? I used my Willy P card and showed them a thing or two about a thing or two.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Uberdoubter

Of course we are not privileged - but that is the narrative. That is the story permeating MSM. Just dig deeper. Smell the coffee.

The whole "I didn't really feel like it 4 months ago, so now I decide it was rape" techinique sure works wonders for women, but the figure of 1 million would of course only work in USA, where you probably could settle for $10 million if you didn't like the sound of your neighbours lawn mower.

lofl, ive never heard of this Narrative. Good thing I dont hang out with miserable white men who feel sorry for themselves.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I live in the same world you do, TheRedneck.

Hahaha... no, you definitely do not!

I wish we did, though... sounds wonderful there.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Nothing you said applies to the situation I was referring to. There was no 'coming back' and there was no irrational fear.

Please do not be surprised if Dark Ghost accuses you of deflecting

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth
I feel bad for you single guys.

If you ask a girl out or flirt with one you can lose your job over it, ask Bill O'Reily.

Debbie Schlussel said the married primetime anchor invited her back to his hotel in Detroit after the pair met at a book signing. After the conservative commentator turned down the father-of-two's advances, she claims she wasn't invited back on his show. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

- Invited her back to his hotel room for coffee obviously

- And then she wasn't invited back on his show?

Seems she's pissed because she found out that sometimes to be successful is show business you have to sleep with people.
Sometimes to be successful in life you have to sleep with people, or do what she's doing and point out the wrong.

Also doesn't sound like flirting "come back to my hotel room" is a a phrase synonymous with "let's have sex"

If that's how you flirt then you need some lessons.
edit on 24-4-2017 by GreenGunther because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

I Think there is an Extreme Political Motivation behind these Accusations since the Presidential Election . The President Fended Off the Accusations , Now those in the Conservative Media that Leaned " Pro Trump " are the ones being Accused . It's Obvious to me who is Behind this Mudslinging , and I hope the American People Recognize Who , and the Reasons Why it is being done and Publicly Condemn it .
edit on 24-4-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Uberdoubter
It's money in the bank, for sure. Maybe I should try it, the next time some female seems to dig my style - Yell "Raaaape!" and demand a million?

I think too many people believe it's very easy to follow through on a rape conviction or sexual harassment lawsuit.

It's not. In the case of rape, there is typically the humiliation of a rape test. That is, if the victim reports it immediately. If not, it's going to be that much harder to prosecute the case. The victim will also be subject to a lie detector test and some of the questions can be embarrassing and seemingly not relevant.

In all cases, defense attorneys will depose friends and family of the victim and ask the most personal and often humiliating questions. Medical records will be subpoenaed sometimes. Sexual history will be exploited if possible. Anything that can be used against the victim will be used against the victim.

Even if the allegations are completely true and a case is successfully prosecuted, the process is not pleasant and ultimately may only be worth it just for the sake of preventing the accused from victimizing someone else.

If you want to falsely accuse someone of rape because you think you can get millions in a civil lawsuit...be prepared for everything you've ever done to be uncovered and used against you...and then be prepared to lose.

edit on 24-4-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

She said he didn't ask her to go to his hotel ROOM. JUST HOTEL.

I've often asked clients/associates (male & female) to meet me at my hotel for an informal meeting or discussion.
It's common business practice.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Oh, I've learned to be very casual about it, for sure. I've never had anyone suspect I was doing anything other than putting my hand in my pocket.

And to be sure, since their accusation about my hand being in my pocket would be on tape, and the reasoning so obvious, I doubt someone who tried that would ever forget that particular day in court.

I'm probably coming across as some kind of legal eagle looking at lawyers all day to sue someone, but the truth is, I'm just the opposite. I have never filed a lawsuit against anyone. I just want to go about my day and not be harassed. Experience has taught me, though, and taught me well, that the only way to ensure I can do that is to be ready for the unexpected.

Fight fire with advanced thermonuclear weaponry.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: IAMTAT

Oh, I've learned to be very casual about it, for sure. I've never had anyone suspect I was doing anything other than putting my hand in my pocket.

And to be sure, since their accusation about my hand being in my pocket would be on tape, and the reasoning so obvious, I doubt someone who tried that would ever forget that particular day in court.

I'm probably coming across as some kind of legal eagle looking at lawyers all day to sue someone, but the truth is, I'm just the opposite. I have never filed a lawsuit against anyone. I just want to go about my day and not be harassed. Experience has taught me, though, and taught me well, that the only way to ensure I can do that is to be ready for the unexpected.

Fight fire with advanced thermonuclear weaponry.

TheRedneck

You really do this? Walk around with a recorder?

That seems pretty paranoid but you can never be too safe I guess

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: GreenGunther

She said he didn't ask her to go to his hotel ROOM. JUST HOTEL.

I've often asked clients/associates (male & female) to meet me at my hotel for an informal meeting or discussion.
It's common business practice.

I have to agree, there is not enough info given to prove sexual harassment, in this case.

In fact, I just saw this:

Now, in an interview with LawNewz.com on Monday morning, Schlussel is denying that she was ever sexually harassed by Sean Hannity. While Schlussel stands by her description of the incident, Schlussel told us that she doesn’t believe what happened between the two amounted to sexual harassment by any legal definition.

Link
edit on 24-4-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join