It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweden on the brink? Police force pushed to breaking point by violence amid migrant influx

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Well, a closed gene pool ends up with an inbred, stupid population.

A whole country is not a closed genepool. What a stupid thing to say.

Are you seriously suggesting that my people need genes from an other continent in order to stay healthy?

edit on 20-2-2017 by LardoCalorissian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

They are dutch dude

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Felicio

But they refuse to behave Dutch. Does their official nationality matter here. It is clear that these groups are causing way more problems than the natives.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev

Nonsense. The US did not bring in immigrants to promote diversity.

Let's read what you read:

What made the USA special is that we at one point(I don't honestly know if 'we do' anymore) appreciated immigrants. The reasoning behind this was diversity.

So did I say anything about anyone bringing anyone in to promote diversity?

I already answered this question when he implied I suggested 'we should value diversity' as a prior thought.

That is not what happened. That's not what I said, you guys love scapegoating to pooping on diversity as an idea, it's beautiful.

What happened is BECAUSE we were diverse, we succeeded, it was never a prior thought or anything. BECAUSE THIS HAPPENED, diversity was respected, it's based off FACTS AND EVIDENCE, not MORALS.

The reason America values diversity is because of what happened. And you might not find mixing x cultures the same, but you can be the one to hedge specifics hairs obviously then, that's always the position of ignorance.

My little speech about spy networks is completely true, and had little care about how much you think cultures can't mix. Tell that to the Army, including every Race, that protects you. This obviously includes Arab/Muslim and Hispanic ones. The same thing you ignorantly said about Hispanics was said about the Indians, and that ignorant thought perpetuates itself. This is 2017, even the Amish prefer Tacos.
edit on 20-2-2017 by numb3rs because: (no reason given)

(post by LardoCalorissian removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LardoCalorissian
a reply to: uncommitted

Well, a closed gene pool ends up with an inbred, stupid population.

A whole country is not a closed genepool. What a stupid thing to say.

Are you seriously suggesting that my people need genes from an other continent in order to stay healthy?

A Gene pool doesn't matter 'how large' it is, if it's still the same gene pool.

The 200,000 Amish people are all descendants of the same original 200 people, and have massive amounts of birth defects because of this.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted
a reply to: jellyrev

Interesting but total BS set of stats, how can 'non western' stat for proportion of crime suspects be 4.54, and then in the same stat include actual 'non western' countries be higher? How come it doesn't amount to 100% in total for the set of statistics? You are western or not, surely?

Stefan did not list "non-western other" category. It's proportion out of their total populations background. It cant hit 100% This is per year.
the only way to be 100% would be for a whole population group to be suspected of a crime.

neat fact: 40% of morrocan immigrants between age 12-24 have been arrested, fined, charged or accused of a crime.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: numb3rs

That's because they probably really do breed in.

That's like saying that every Dutch person who has no immigrant blood is born with birth defects. You are full of BS.

It's like saying that Angolans need European genes in order to prevent them from becoming retards. Good luck promoting that.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

That's because they probably really do breed in.

That's like saying that every Dutch person who has no immigrant blood is born with birth defects. You are full of BS.

It's like saying that Angolans need European genes in order to prevent them from becoming retards. Good luck promoting that.

Um? Do you only understand the most extreme of events?

Birth defects, in any circumstance, are already weighed in chance. It's chance. Similar to cancer, you cannot manage these things.

If you want to appreciate a hypothetical situation, like the Britains, only breeding with Britains, then eventually yes, they will be retarded. You grasp basic understanding of how it works. 'Eventually' is quite a long time though. Then again, it's chance and you can be retarded with a single set of bad Genes mixing once.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

The premise is BS. A country of people does not need outside genes to maintain healthy genes. Do the Chinese need European genes in order to to maintain genetic health?

Since there is no such mix, according to your logic the Chinese must now be experiencing genetic problems caused by this.

Are they?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LardoCalorissian

Are you suggesting a European and a Chinese person have never reproduced?

What you're arguing with me isn't exactly my opinion, you're asking me questions about generally accepted science, and I'm already apparently ignorant enough to be wrong in your eyes, not trying to claim an original opinion or anything.

You say it's absurd that Chinese people reproducing amoungs themselves would produce defects(Or exaggerated expressions of gene evolution, in specific directions), but you generally agree family reproducing causes defects?

Is China not one big 'family' of 'Chinese People'?

Yes, reproducing with themselves has greater cause of genetic disorder, they have low birth rate verse fertility. Statistically what I'm saying matches, do you have issue with that? It's specifically because they are both adding Chinese Genes that expressions can overload. You know how Jewish people have 'big noses'? Well that literally can cause them to die earlier in life. And with each new generation, they get 'bigger' and more 'deformed'. This is how genetics works, if your parents both have a trait expressed way too much and reproduce, you get a trait expressed way too much even more, to the point of death in some cases.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

a reply to: Krazysh0t

But you are talking about it like you have first hand information that contradicts this news story.

No. I'm just doubting the claims in the OP because they sound sensational and come from a perspective that isn't directly from Sweden.

Again. The term "No-Go Zone" is political buzzword speak for "ghetto". But if you were to just call them ghettos, the term loses all its emotional charge because we all know that ghettos, while dangerous, aren't country destabilizing zones. It also puts the policing troubles in better perspective since we here in the states understand how ghettos work and the corresponding policing problems that go along with them. Again, this isn't indicative of a country in crisis though.
I think the point of calling these particular ghettos, "no go zones" is because they are getting much larger and they refuse to integrate into the customs of the host country. They are Basically policed by the people who live there, and they will not accept the local police to deal with disputes that these people have with each other based on their own cultural traditions. Therefor the police get pushed out, they are not welcome. Hence a no go zone. It may not be a permanent situation, but in some cases these areas are hot for weeks.

I live in a medium sized American town, and there are def places close to me that i will not go without protection. There are neighborhoods where the color of my skin will get me beat down if not killed. You might be braver, but i know i can take you to places here where you will not go without fighting. Sometimes these whole neighborhoods get fired up over some dispute and the local PD tells folks to avoid these parts of town. It is not hard to believe that this happens in other countries too. It pretty much happens everywhere. But lets ignore it in sweden because Trump talked about it.
edit on 20-2-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

This is bull#. Even the articles in the OP are saying that these No-Go zones have police reporting to situations in them. They have to send two cars when they do, but I'd think the term "no-go" meant that the police aren't going at all. Which is a lie.

Everything about the term "no-go zone" screams political buzzword to me. As a country that has more experience with immigration than any other country in the world, we should know that ALL immigrants tend to self-segregate within the first generation or two of moving to a country. We should also know that self-policing neighborhoods are nothing new either because we have communities like that as well. Orthodox Jews and Amish. We also know that these self-policing neighborhoods still aren't above the law.

I live in a medium sized American town, and there are def places close to me that i will not go without protection. There are neighborhoods where the color of my skin will get me beat down if not killed. You might be braver, but i know i can take you to places here where you will not go without fighting. Sometimes these whole neighborhoods get fired up over some dispute and the local PD tells folks to avoid these parts of town. It is not hard to believe that this happens in other countries too. It pretty much happens everywhere. But lets ignore it in sweden because Trump talked about it.

Apparently it is flying over your head that I'm LITERALLY comparing these no-go zones to places like this and making the point that Trump making a big deal out of this is like complaining about our ghettos here. Problems for police? Certainly. National crisis? Hell no!

By the way, I live in Baltimore. I know all about what ghettos are like.
edit on 20-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

You spoke about using logical fallacies, yet now you're making it a point to imply (and have outright stated concerning yourself) that one doesn't live in the location, it shouldn't be our concern.

This is a massive logical fallacy, and you're showing the reality that you refuse to learn from the mistakes of other countries.

Just a question: Why do you nearly always insist on destroying a thread with your apologist rantings? That is a sincere question to which I'd like an answer, if you're willing.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

You spoke about using logical fallacies, yet now you're making it a point to imply (and have outright stated concerning yourself) that one doesn't live in the location, it shouldn't be our concern.

This is a massive logical fallacy, and you're showing the reality that you refuse to learn from the mistakes of other countries.

My point is far more nuanced than this as I have posted extensively already in this thread. If you think my entire position can be summed up with just this point, then you need to go back and re-read the thread.

Just a question: Why do you nearly always insist on destroying a thread with your apologist rantings? That is a sincere question to which I'd like an answer, if you're willing.

This isn't the political mud pit.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: seasonal

Exaggerate claims to a ridiculous degree with a possible kernel of truth at the center. Usually using some form of logical fallacy. Likely a slippery slope fallacy.

For instance. The term "No-Go Zone" is political buzzword (sensationalism) for "ghetto". We have them here in the states and while troublesome don't tear your country apart.

Hahahahahahaha. What? Police have no go zones in America? Oh like -- Decatur?

172,756 sqaure miles = sweden
3.797 million mi² = America

As you can see -- America is VASTLY bigger than Sweden and I think we might have a grand total of maybe 50 no go zones in the entire country, south Chicago and some trap tenements in Georgia, and some of those zones are as big as an apartment complex. They are talking entire towns in Sweden.

It's not a political buzz word, you just want it to be -- we have "Ghetto's" in the states, and police routinely cruise them. Ghetto =/= no go zone. War Zone = No Go Zone. Like south Chicago.

You guys realize that the southside of Chicago is worse than most countries in the middle east in terms of your probability to be killed on site? That's not a ghetto, that's an active war zone.

P.S.

A police No Go Zone doesn't mean that they don't go there, it means they don't patrol there. Big difference. In one situation they only show up as responders with backup, the other situation has cops cruising patrol routes solo in a police cruiser or walking a beat. Again, look at chicago -- there are neighborhoods cops will not enter unless they are called and if they are called -- they show up with force, not alone, but it's a whole operation with body armor and armored trucks and assault rifles as well as crowd control devices/grenades. In other words, when the police respond to a call in the southside, they show up dressed like soldiers with an army, not dressed like a crossing guard with a taser and a small caliber pistol.
edit on 20-2-2017 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Meaning what? Everyone should be super nice to you as not to hurt your fragile emotional equilibrium?

The word apologist is a profanity?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SRPrime

What are you talking about? Did you just try to tell me that the only problem neighborhoods in the US are in Chicago and a few tenements in Georgia then use that weak (and unsourced) reasoning as a means to disprove what I said?

I'd ask if you'd ever been to Sweden, but I'm not sure you've even been very far out of your home state with how limited your knowledge of American cities are.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Meaning what? Everyone should be super nice to you as not to hurt your fragile emotional equilibrium?

The word apologist is a profanity?

It means that ad hominems aren't allowed outside of the political mud pit which is what calling someone an apologist is doing. Not to mention, I'm not the topic of the OP this line of questioning is also off topic.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The US average police Turnover is about 10%, and that's a generous amount considering some departments.

That's about 575 quitting a day. Even with adjusting for population, we have 5x more police that quit than Sweden.

So are Americans sensationalizing Sweden with a smaller problem to mirror the issue of their own? 3 police a day quit in Sweden? Every 3 days, a US cop is killed.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join